Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jux & Weekend Links


I'm kind of obsessed with the internet, and predictably two of my most favorite things are blogging and Instagram. I love that I'm able to connect with so many people via my blog, all the while documenting everything in my life. I love IG for the same reasons, and the ability to capture special moments on the go is awesome. But then there are those in-between things- little thoughts, afterthoughts, musings, tiny blurbs- that don't necessarily belong in this space, and don't quite fit in on Instagram either.

So I Jux.

I discovered Jux a few months ago when they contacted me right as I was looking for an "in-between" home on the 'net- a place I could store and keep everything that wasn't quite here, and wasn't quite there. As time went on and I continued to post on my Jux I fell more in love how truly easy it was to use, and how pretty it made everything look.



Jux is photo-based, and allows you to do a variety of things with your pictures. You'll have to make one and play around with it yourself, but you can do an article (photo with words), a block quote over your photo, a slideshow, or a number of other things. It's super neat. One of the best parts is how easy Jux is to use with Instagram. In fact if you have an account and tag your IG photo with #jux, it automatically loads onto your Jux page. I love this because it's a quick and easy way to backup and display your Instagram photos on the go, and super easy for non-Instagramming friends (like your parents) to enjoy your daily photos without having the IG app...or in some relatives' case, knowing how to use it!

I know if you try Jux, you'll love it. It's such a great tool and a perfect extension to a blog for all of those in between things on your mind.

Stop by mine and let me know if you decide try it, and if so leave your Jux link below so I can check out your page too.
----------

Here are a handful of links for your weekend too:

Henry needs this Lego Black Flag tee!

Blog love: Allie, Lesley, and Ashley.

23 women to follow on Instagram right now.
 
SO many cute things at Lulus right now. I can't wait to show you some of the great stuff I got this past week.

Key Lime cupcakes anyone?

10 reasons to be okay with being disliked. Tiny Buddha always provides such good food for thought.

Such a great round up of birth announcements!

What's in Kristine's bag?

I love checking out my readers' Currently posts. Here's a couple: one and two

Awesome hair tutorial - messy fishtail bun!

And another hair video all about the top knot. Zoe's the cutest.

Have you signed up for Pave Life yet? They're a sponsor of mine and such a neat company. 

Dancing makes it better!

Hello, beautiful, simple tank. Loving this skirt too. And this dress!

What Lindsay wishes she was wearing. Me too, girl.

Q&A with Jennifer Wiener.

Sara's books are on sale this week. Awesome!

Lime and coconut chicken.

Reverse culture shock.

And finally, head on over to my long time friend Amy's blog and say hello. She's great!

35 comments:

  1. I was looking into that Jux thing recently! It reminds me a bit of Tumblr. Did you ever try that? I think it's considered a micro-blogging platform, but it seems to be more of an image-based site. You can post in quite a few different ways, though.

    I like to use my Tumblr: The Rambling Fangirl for lots of fannish stuff, but there's a nice mix of political and real life stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cristina!

      Yeah- I do have a Tumblr but prefer Jux to it about 100x over. It's so much easier to use and a lot prettier. You should try it!

      xoxo
      Dani

      Delete
  2. Is Jux free? Sorry if that is a silly question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girly! Yes, totally free! :)

      Delete
    2. https://lovelyladykatie.jux.com/ I created one! Btw I totally did not mean to copy your "Little Bits of.." thing. I have a series of posts on my blog that I do called Little Bits of Happiness and just realized how similar it looked to yours. Sorry 'bout that!

      Delete
  3. Great links, as always!
    Thanks for again including me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links! The cupcakes sound so good. And, I'm going to check out Jux. Thanks for the recommendation.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten away from blogging as of late and prefer Instagram and Twitter. Jux will work perfectly for me. My Jux is carriefinn.jux.com.

    Thanks for sharing Jux!

    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Carrie! So excited to go check out your Jux.

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. just wanted to say thanks for including a link to Tiny Buddha! I'm now enjoying the archives :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving Jux as well :)
    https://nerdybyrd.jux.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps forgot I changed it....https://jenefor.jux.com/

      Delete
  8. Ah! That Black Flag Lego shirt is so amazingly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the currently shout out! Also I jux too! kattydelux.jux.com I follow you and love it! Jux has such a great platform!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend links post are my favorite! So many good things! I'm loving jux as well. It's so easy to use and I love the simple, yet beautiful layout. Mine is www.witandspice.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this post.. :) i love blogging too.. :)


    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you posted about Jux. I was just thinking about how I mainly use my blog and instagram but there are a few things here and there that just don't quite fit with those two...I can't wait to start posting more. My jux is mrsink.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way the Jux page looks. Thanks for the link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am also loving Jux! I wish they would add a feature that lets you follow other peoples' Juxes. Stop by mine at mixedmetaphors.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can actually! Just click the third bubble to the left on the top right hand side! It will give you an option to follow, like and comment on other people's posts! Happy Juxing!

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the tip on Jux! I'm always looking for cool, sleek extensions to my blog as well. Jux may be the happy medium I seek!

    Please visit my blog (http://nishaksquared.blogspot.com/) and my Jux (http://nishaksquared.jux.com).

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Jux and I actually found it through you the last time you mentioned it. It's a pretty amazing site!! I hear they're working on an app for it and that would make it so much better because sometimes I tend to forget about it lol. My jux is https://xojazmyn.jux.com/. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you included that Tiny Buddha article...definitely something I needed to read! Also, thanks plenty for the currently mention;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Jux but I sort of wish they had an iPhone app so I could do it from my phone.

    Mine's http://tomakelovestay.jux.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One's coming soon! We're shooting for early October!

      Delete
    2. Great to hear! Thanks for getting back to me :)

      Delete
  19. oh, i'm kinda liking jux. i love the look of it. i'll have to play around with it. thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm on IG too! justjessica is the user name if you care to take a look see :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Danielle! I discovered Jux from your weekend links post a few weeks back. I absolutely love it and want to thank you for introducing me. 2tarabytes.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks thanks a lot!! I discovered Jux because of you and I am loving it! www.lea.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why you like Zoe's hair tutorial. She looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I use tumblr similar to how you use your jux page. It's kind of my inbetween space, too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm hooked on Jux, and I'm excited for the upcoming iPhone app! KarlyLittle.jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. jux sounds like fun! i think i might have a look at it. not sure i have enough "time" for another internet platform to share my thoughts etc.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My jux is thebrooklynhousewife.jux.com I've had it for 1 month now - just wondering what u meant about tagging #jux on your instagram photo! and it uploading to jux automatically? Mine doesn't do that and also how do people subscribe to your jux if they don't have a jux account?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips