Friday, September 21, 2012

5 Delicious (Paleo) Recipes

Megan's blog is one of my favorites for a few reasons- she's a great writer, she takes fantastic photos, and I always, always enjoy the stories and recipes she shares. And lucky us, she's sharing five of those delicious meal ideas with us today! After you're done drooling, be sure to stop by The Freckled Italian and say hello.


Hi everyone! I'm Megan and I blog at Freckled Italian. I wanted to share a word on my experience with Paleo today since Dani has been trying it out for herself!

I switched to Paleo almost a year ago and I can't believe how much it's changed my life. I went from being a frail, always-dizzy, migraine-riddled, constantly anxious and often depressed 23 year-old with acne that just wouldn't quit and a moderate case of alopecia areata to the healthy and happy person that I am today. I now have a full head of hair, clear skin, and my anxiety under control. There are some days that I wake up and miss sourdough bread or my beloved morning lattes (especially now as fall approaches!), but they sure beat the days I used to wake up and wonder what could possibly be wrong with me.

I know that not everyone chooses to switch to Paleo because of health reasons, but that's my story, and I love to share it. I've also always loved cooking and eating, and the past nine months or so have really changed the way I think about food. It's also forced me to get a little more creative in the kitchen...and sometimes, to just wrap things in bacon. Here are my five favorite things I've made and blogged in the last few months. I hope you find something you like.

Try one or try them all-- and let me know if you do!
Thanks for having me today!

18 comments:

  1. These all look delicious! I really want to give paleo a try because I truly believe all the health benefits behind it. One of these days. It is hard mainly because of my addiction to sweets. It's a work in progress.

    Theresa
    http://bomamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look delicious, especially the first one. I'd be really interested in finding about more about paleo, I've heard a bit about it but I think it might possibly be rumour and speculation rather than fact! Can you recommend any good places to read up?

    http://katyclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much recently about "going Paleo" and am intrigued. I wonder if it might help my husband, who has a lot of reactions to different foods. I'm interested in what Katy Clouds said, too. Do you recommend good resources where we can learn more about the diet and its health benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good.

    For people interested in starting to go paleo, check out Mark's Daily Apple for "primal" (more emphasis on healthy fats and allows dairy). www.marksdailyapple.com

    A Whole30 is a rough but effective way to try it out for 30 days. It's very strict, but hey, if you don't like it, it's just 30 days out of the rest of your life. http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

    Honestly, just start reading. The #1 thing is cutting out grains and unhealthy fats (poly unsaturated fats!).

    http://www.paleodietandliving.com/paleo-diet/how-to-start-the-paleo-diet/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Paleo, but this is way too much bacon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need it every day! I find that the bacon-wrapped recipes I listed make for awesome party appetizers.

      Delete
  6. Gimme all the bacon Alli doesn't want ;)

    http://frenchpresstights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all looks amazing, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. to be honest, I find diets or eating styles kinda freaky... they tell you what you are allowed to eat and what you definitely shouldn't eat - but honestly, you don't have to 'go Paleo', 'low carb' or whatever. just eat healthy and balanced in general and practice portion control on unhealthier things. there's no secret magic involved that gets you a healthy body and better skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree! I like to try out Paleo recipes but I eat a little of everything. I personally just try to eat clean whenever I can and I've actually found when I try to stick to a strict plan I feel worse. So yes totally on the same page- eat healthfully and everything in moderation. Thank you for your comment! :):)

      Delete
    2. The reason Paleo works so well for me is that I'm incredibly gluten and lactose intolerant, so unfortunately for me, eating everything in moderation means being sick every day!

      Delete
  9. I tried out the orange-ginger chicken last night, SO easy and SO good! I showed my boyfriend the photo of the bacon wrapped avocado slices.... it's now on the menu tonight. Thanks for the delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I am going to try some of these recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ι couldn't refrain from commenting. Very well written!

    Feel free to visit my blog; how to use no hands seo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!

    Here is my web page - How To Find Ppl On Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I oгiginally left a соmment I appear to haѵe cliсked οn
    thе -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbоx and frοm now on whеnevеr a comment is added I recіeve four еmails with the sаme cοmmеnt.
    There haѕ to bе a mеans yοu are able to remove
    me fгom thаt serviсe? Thanks!

    my websitе pure leverage opportunity

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips