Saturday, September 15, 2012

Aloha!

Menehune Fishpond Sunset - Kauai, Hawaii

We are currently up in the sky, en route to one of my favorite places in the world, Hawaii! And that means are also right at the beginning of Henry's first long flight as a toddler...so send us all the happy traveling wishes you've got! I'm hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised- sometimes I get stressed about things only to wonder afterward what the big deal was anyway, so I hope that's the case. We're prepared though and totally stocked with snacks and little games and Henry's current favorite, Team Umizoomi!

A few thoughts:

SO thankful for friends who agree to a Northern AZ getaway the same week we go out of town. Nothing's better than houseguests turned house/dog/plant-sitters! It makes me feel a lot more secure knowing everything is safe and well taken care of.

It's so funny how excited I get to travel. I still get that little kid giddiness over airports, flying, and even hotels! I hope that never goes away, and I hope I'm also able to instill that in Henry, the same way my parents did with us. They always made everything so special and magical, and everyday I try to do the same for our little guy. He's been excited all week about "flying in the BIG plane!"

I scheduled my regular posts with just a few guest posts from friends to fill in the blanks over the next week. I hope you enjoy them! I'll be back soon to share stories and photos from our trip, but until then you can also follow along with me via my Instagram where I'll be (over)posting photos daily!

19 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about travelling. Have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your Instagram photos from Hawaii! My brother and SIL went there for their honeymoon in May and it looks absolutely gorgeous over there. Happy travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS! Hawaii is absolutely my favorite place in the world. And I feel the same about traveling - airports and hotels make my brain happy. Have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hawaii!! Happy safe travels! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun & safe trip, Dani! Can't wait to see pictures. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeay! Hawaii is my home. :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hawaii is definitely one of my faves too! can't wait to see the pics when you guys get back.

    www.romanticallychallenged.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have so much fun! I'm currently living on Oahu, and it's one of my favorite places, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy Hawaii! My daughter and I went back in January and it was amazing. I can't wait to go back.
    I definitely understand your giddiness over travel - I'm the same way! For me, though, it's all about a good road trip. I spend days beforehand planning, I love packing the car, and driving through a new place is my favorite kind of adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy! I'm sure the flight will be fine and Henry will enjoy it!
    I can't wait to see your Instagram photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's great that you have friends that can house/dog sit while you're away. they get to enjoy your sweet house and town, and you get to rest easy. My husband and I are headed to Los Angeles for a few days next month and our kids are staying with friends, but another friend is going to house/cat sit for us. Yay for out of town friends! Also, have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun, can't wait to hear your tips on travelling with a toddler!

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! My sister just had her honeymoon in Hawaii in July and I saw so many gorgeous photos of her trip. She went swimming with dolphins and drove ATVs around. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I am so very jealous! Always wanted to go to Hawaii - hopefully i'll make it there at some point. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whaaaat... lucky! :)

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm SO JEALOUS! Have an amazing trip!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hawaii is my most favourite place on Earth. I'm heading there new winter for 2 weeks. I'm already counting down the days. Have a wonderful time. Aloha! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips