Thursday, September 27, 2012

That Gorgeous Little Lovable Chipped Tooth Smile

And then suddenly your little boy is a big boy, more and more of his baby self slowly starting to fade away as he grows and grows, every morning waking up just a bit bigger than the day before. And there he is, running and playing and kicking a soccer ball. Jumping up and climbing down, and going non-stop with that familiar sparkle in his eye that's one part mischievous, one part pure joy. You ask, where did the time go? You wonder, how did this happen? You look at baby photos with tears in your eyes, thinking back to those hazy days of him always being in your arms, but in that same moment you look up and see that little face, that gorgeous little lovable chipped tooth smile saying "play with me mama, c'mon mama!" and you know the best is really yet to come.

An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park An Afternoon at the Park

19 comments:

  1. Your own child loving life on a playground... it just makes a mama's heart happy, doesn't it? It just gets better and better, and the best IS yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does - I love watching him explore and play! And yes...I definitely agree. The best is yet to come! :)

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing watching my daughter run around on a playground a few weeks ago. I was trying to pinpoint when she stopped being so clumsy (I remembered how it was like a 5 point turn to manuever the top of the slide) to running and moving so easily =/ I want my baby back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh isn't it crazy? It all happens so fast! Exciting and sad at the same time.

      Delete
  3. what a cutie! I remember reading about Henry's early days as I found out I was pregnant with a little boy and seeing your posts made me so excited! Now my little boy (Wilf) is ten months and I am although I am so in love with each exciting stage its so nice to know it just gets better and better! x
    http://www.tigerlillyquinn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is awesome! 10 months is so fun. Lots of love!

      Delete
  4. He's just way too cute! I love his haircut and shoes.

    Marissa / treetopnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not fair that it goes by so quickly! This is such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! My baby is 9 months old today and I even ask myself, where did the time go?! Love the pics, your little man is adorable! ps. I made paleo pizza the other day and it's delicous! thought you might be interested :) http://kevinandlaurahilton.blogspot.com/2012/09/gluten-free-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Henry is SO cute!! Random question, but do you guys live on a golf course?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cutie! Reading this post makes me sad, my little man is almost 10months old and it makes me think about how quickly he will grow up like Henry has.

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry is so talented already, it amazes me how much they pick up so quickly! Sure looks like a fun playground :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh ive been away from blogging for a bit and I can't believe how big Henry has gotten!!! Wow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Where did you get that truck shirt? My little guy loves all things truck, but it's so hard to find cute truck clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that sweet boy. What wonderful pics - you can just feel the love and relaxation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pictures of my boy when he was a little guy look almost exactly like him! My friend does cosmetic dentistry in Utah and as my Mother's Day present I got my OWN chipped-tooth smile fixed! Love those pictures, makes you feel like you're right there on the playground too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips