Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Just a hello!

Untitled 
this morning- "Issa pocket, mama!"
Hello and happy Tuesday! It's 2pm here in Arizona and while Henry finishes up his nap I thought I would pop in and say hi. It's been a good, slow day so far- we woke up a little later than usual and ate some breakfast. Henry only wanted to eat a cereal bar (well, two of them), so that's what he had, and I had the same thing I've had for the past week- Ezekial cinnamon raisin toast with butter. Yum. Then we split a carton of raspberries and called it good.  

Tuesdays are Storytime days in our neck of the woods so we got dressed and headed out to meet Veronica and Max for a walk before the library. We walked around the square then hightailed it into the library to meet friends and listen to Mr. Steve read books and sing songs. If you're a mama and haven't yet checked out your local storytime, I highly recommend it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your story man or lady is even a little bit like our Mr. Steve, because that way you're sure to love him. He's the most wonderful man, full of life and fun, and the kids just gravitate towards him. I feel so lucky we get to see him every week.

So we sang and danced and played for a good hour, then then the four of us walked over to the bagel shop so the boys could eat an early lunch. Henry loves cream cheese lately, so he ate about a half a bagel before both little ones were ready to go. Now he's finishing up his nap, I'm doing some work online and anticipating a good workout in a few hours.

A funny moment from this morning: Henry chasing me to the pantry yelling "BOOTY! BOOTY! BOOTY!" I was kind of freaked out for a minute until I realized he was yelling for the Veggie Pirate's Booty on the shelf. Ha!

Life with a toddler is never dull.

23 comments:

  1. haha that Henry is one cute little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like such a sweet and funny boy. I love his facial expressions in all of your pictures! That's one of my favorite things about having a toddler, the expressiveness. Oh, and thank you for inspiring me to check out our local library story time. I needed a free, and fun activity to get us out of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should! And let me know when you do! <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for plugging story times at local libraries! There is one in our library in Sicily (on the military base and in English :-) that I should try to check out, but sadly it's not within walking distance of our home as we live out in town. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is awesome. Let me know if you do go- it sounds neat! :)

      Delete
  4. Libraries rock! Sounds like a perfect day to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Storytime! Also, I think Henry may be my fashion icon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Rosemary! I think he's mine too! ;)

      Delete
  6. Love the photo of Henry in the mirror. Since reading your posts I have checked with a couple of libraries in my local area...none of them do a children's story time. I feel sad. Are our kids losing their love of books?

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah love the Booty story. what a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, he is just too, too cute!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's so cute! Storytime at the library is one thing that I really can't wait to do with my baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! Booty, booty, booty! That's so cute :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love library story time! We went all summer but now my mom takes Micah when I'm at work. So great for socialization!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hysterical about the pantry chase. Also, Henry is looking mighty stylish these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is just too cute! Love the booty moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's awfully cute!

    And did I miss something or do things look a bit different around here. Did I totally miss the update about a new blog look? Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So freakin' cute! Also loving the blog make over :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little baby of yours has grown into the cutest little man on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love our library and all the children's programs that are offered. The only problem is that everyone else loves them. The classes were s crowded they had to start handing out tickets to get into sing along and storytimes. So now we have to get there super early if we want to get in

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips