Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lately.

The past week has been insane. All sorts of insane - insanely busy, insanely fun, insanely bittersweet. But all good. Henry turned two last week, friends from all over the place came to visit, I had a charity event to attend, two Thanksgivings happened, and we all survived to tell the tale. It's hard to even recap it all, so I'll just let the photos do the talking, with little blurbs in between. Welcome to our last week, via my iPhone. But not via Instagram, so do I get a gold star for that?

----------

Veronica's charity gala was on the Saturday evening before Henry's party, and it was a huge success! She did all of the planning and work behind it, and did an amazing job. It was to benefit our town's Fine Arts Association and they raised a ton of money for a great cause. It was a fun night full of good food, a fashion show, and some show tunes of course too.

And then since Emily and Traci were in town for Henry's party (from NYC and LA) we went out afterward too. I came home and fell into bed with a huge smile on my face- it was so great for all three of us to be in the same place at the same time. It hadn't been since oh, 2003 since that had happened. Amazing.

Untitled-2 Henry's Birthday/Thanksgiving Weekend 2012 Henry's Birthday/Thanksgiving Weekend 2012 Henry's Birthday/Thanksgiving Weekend 2012
Henry Birthday/Thanksgiving Weekend 2012 Untitled-3

Then that Thursday (Thanksgiving!) was Henry's actual birthday so we woke up bright and early for a day all about Henry. And what is he super into right now? TRUCKS! So we got H. in the wagon and walked across the street to the construction site to visit the big trucks. He was in heaven and it was a perfect way to spend the morning!

Untitled-4 IMG_7324 Untitled-5 IMG_7338 IMG_7385

Later on it was time to celebrate Thanksgiving and we had a good afternoon with family, spent time outdoors, watched Henry push around that yellow truck for hours, and ate way too much food.

IMG_7432 IMG_7425 IMG_7438 Untitled-6 Untitled-7 IMG_7531

Later on we headed down to my parents to celebrate and ended the weekend with more food and family. We also got in some football and tennis time, although I couldn't stop quoting Clueless the whole time Hank and I were playing.

IMG_7645 IMG_7631 IMG_7663 IMG_7696 IMG_7697 Untitled-8

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Looks like such a nice weekend filled with awesome food and love :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! It was a great couple of days. I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend too! :)

      Delete
  2. That's one delicious lookin' turkey! Dang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It tasted amazing too! BACON! ;)

      Delete
  3. haha I love Henry's truck too! :D A CAT one too! What a lucky boy!!
    I wish we had thanksgiving in Belgium...

    Love, Saar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saar you are welcome to join us for Thanksgiving anytime! :)

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean :) I haven't even gotten around to posting about my week. Looks like a great time! I'd totally give you a gold star; I like instagram, iphone & dslr photos :) It's hard to tell these days. ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the gold star lady! ha!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. that boy had a great birthday! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he definitely did! Thanks Jess! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Gosh, seriously. Henry makes me want to have another...hoping for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh he makes ME want to have another. Soon, I hope. I will send you boy wishes! ...and a big hug too.

      :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. I feel all warm and fuzzy just reading about your life! My favorite part was that to help celebrate Henry's birthday, you just went next door to see some big trucks. Nothing fancy, no planning, free, and some great family time. I love when things like that just work out!

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Nic thank you! Such a sweet comment.

      Sending you a huge high five.
      xo

      Delete
  8. That turkey looks amazing! Henry is just the cutest!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It was REALLY good. I had seconds. And thirds. haha.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a FUN weekend! Lots of things to celebrate and be happy about :-) PS LOVING the pictures of henry with his truck :-)

    can you believe your a mom of a two year old!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I seriously wish our boys could play together! Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!

      Delete
  10. Oh my that turkey looks absolutely delicious! I love the bacon on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl ME TOO! Wish I could have uploaded the smell. To die for.

      Delete
  11. My plastic surgeon wants me to abstain from any activity where balls fly at my face.


    ...such an adorable Thanksgiving post! And happy birthday, little Henry!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips