Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Our 2012 Holiday Cards & NextAdvisor

Christmas decor 2011
 our Christmas card display last year

When NextAdvisor contacted me about using their services to choose our Christmas cards, I knew I had heard about the company but wasn't too sure what they were all about. I asked some questions and did some research, and found out that they are a REALLY cool service that is free and available for anyone and everyone to use.

In a nutshell NextAdvisor is a comparision site that allows you took look at a ton of different options for whatever it is you need, and make a decision based on the information they provide. They review everything from credit monitoring services, online back up, web hosting providers, online diet programs, and much more. One thing that sets them apart from other similar sites is that they have a content team that actually tests out each service, making their reviews and comparisons much more in depth. Another difference is that no advertiser can pay for their ranking or placement on NextAdvisor- it's truly an editorial decision to rank them the way they do. Awesome right?

So, I decided to use the service to select my family's Christmas cards for this year. There are a million and one options, and over the past few years I've tried a bunch of different companies but always seem to choose my trusty favorite. I was excited to have use a site that would bring every photo card company to me, compare and review them, and maybe give me enough information so I could try something new.

The process was simple. First, I visited their main photocard review site and started exploring. In the past I had used TinyPrints, Shutterfly and Zazzle, but there were on a ton on the list I hadn't tried. I clicked over the comparison chart to see which companies matched up with what I wanted: good service, a great selection of beautifully designed cards, and high quality prints. Due to my parameters I was able to check quite a few off of my list right away.

I was left with a good handful, and decided to check out the reviews for each. Both Minted and TinyPrints' reviews stood out to me (seriously, check those reviews out- so in-depth and helpful!) so I then headed over to both of their individual sites to do some research on the kind of holiday cards they offered.

I visited Minted first and fell in LOVE with so many of their cards. NextAdvisor's review was right on- they were a little pricey for small orders but their quality was apparent and their selection was huge and really, really great. I loved that they offered a ton of simple designs that focused on the photo, but even if their busier designs you could still feel a really nice design element to them and so many of the cards made their way onto my "maybe" list.

Then I headed over to TinyPrints to check out their current card selection. I found some favorites there too, and again, NextAdvisor's review was spot on in giving them the overall win. I've used TinyPrints before and found their service and quality to be excellent, and I often choose them because I trust the company and I'm familiar with them.


In the end I decided to go with Minted to do our holiday cards this year. NextAdvisor's site was totally helpful for a few reasons but most of all because it allowed me to shop all of the sites in one place, and get honest reviews that gave me enough to move away from my "old favorite" and try something new. I am SO excited to check out our cards from Minted, and I will definitely be using NextAdvisor in the future to do all of the work for me!


*this is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions and writing are my own. xoxo

24 comments:

  1. This sounds really useful! I'm familiar with comparison websites here in the UK but this one seems really good as it has trusted reviews! Wish there was an English equivalent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have that traditionen of sending christmas cards with family pictures on them, but I love the idea and am absolutely amazed by how beautiful they can turn out to be! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Tiny Prints + Minted. I've used them both. I need to take our pictures this weekend and order for this year :) I will check out NextAdvisor. Here's ours from Tiny Prints last year http://dailydoily.typepad.com/peaceloveandcupcakes/2011/12/mr-mrs-.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of both Minted and TinyPrints. I would also suggest checking out Hello Lucky - that's who we're using for our cards this year.

    I think we will likely go with Minted for Vivienne's birth announcements, however. They have soooo many great options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just ordered our holiday cards from Minted - the designs on there are unmatched, even if it is pricey. This website sounds great, especially since I LOVE to comparison shop!

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this! I'm planning on doing our holiday cards this year and I've never done this before so I have no idea where to order them from. This helps out a lot!!

    Jazmyn @ Sugar Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the concept of NextAdvisor, and your review was enough to make me click over. But I have to be honest (and I hope this is okay) - their site could really use a redesign. If I had gone there without knowing much about them (like the content team and that advertisers can't pay for placement - that's awesome), I would've clicked away. It looks more sterile and business-y than fun and user-friendly.

    I won't judge this book by its cover because I know it's got good stuff inside, but if they're reading comments on this post, I hope they'll consider sprucing it up. I'll definitely keep it bookmarked, because it is an idea with a lot of potential!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog and Great writings. And the blog about next adviser is great. I think these cards will be one of the best cards if you add best Christmas wishes to these Cards

    Cheers
    Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ordered from Minted! I love their designs and they were well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just visiting the Minted site!! they offer so many custom options! love it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes go on the Minted site and just look through all the beautiful cards for no reason. I definitely want to use them in the future when I have a family and want to send out cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Company Christmas cards is a good way to say thank you to some great customers, as well as your suppliers and valuable employees. Professional and customized vacation cards can help you spread warmth and vacation brighten, while you promote your company at the same time happy new year wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?

    Look into my web site - tetracycline

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good information. Lucky me I discovered your site by
    accident (stumbleupon). I have bookmarked it for later!


    Here is my blog post - travel 3500 yards fifa 13

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks in support of sharing such a nice idea, paragraph is
    good, thats why i have read it entirely

    Feel free to visit my web page - exercises to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing difficulties with your
    RSS. I don't understand why I can't subscribe
    to it. Is there anybody else having identical RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

    Here is my homepage ... exercises to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  17. Remarkable! Its actually amazing article, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this post.


    My weblog :: exercises to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel that is among the such a lot vital info for me.

    And i'm satisfied reading your article. But wanna commentary on few general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good task, cheers

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: workouts to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you have done a very good job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Opera. Exceptional Blog!

    Here is my webpage - exercises to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading
    it, you will be a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and
    will come back at some point. I want to encourage that you continue
    your great work, have a nice evening!

    Take a look at my web page - exercises to increase vertical

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road. All the best

    My website :: accident attorneys houston

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking the time and
    actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say…
    I put things off a whole lot and never seem to get
    nearly anything done.

    Visit my blog :: vertical jump exercises

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips