Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012


“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." -L.M. Montgomery

October is one of my favorite months, and Halloween in our town is always a big affair. We have events leading up to the big day all month, which I love. And this year was the best yet! It was Henry's 2nd Halloween and it was awesome to watch him get so excited over just about everything. I think my heart melted into a big puddle about a million times watching him say "trick or treat!" while he held out that orange pumpkin.

Henry and I went to CrossFit in the morning, then came home so he could take a long afternoon nap to gear up for our evening. We headed out around 4pm to beat the rush of older kids and I'm glad, because as we finished up around 5:30 it got insanely crowded. Afterward we stopped by both sets of local grandparents and then headed home to put a super sleepy little guy to bed.


I absolutely loved Hank and Henry's costumes! Silly me planned on being a waitress of some sort to go along with the guys but I didn't get a good costume together so instead I was a last-minute sailor. Mark my words, next year we will have a much better 3-person get up! We trick-or-treated with Veronica and her family and little Max was a Grill Master and Trevor wore Hank's hot dog costume from last year to go along with our Dad/son food/chef theme. Veronica was a last-minute devil, so we were both the odd ones out but didn't mind too much! 

We walked up and down the streets, which are closed off from 4pm until the evening, trick-or-treating and running into tons of friends. It was really a wonderful night and reminded me yet again how much I love living in a small town...and more specifically, this one. I feel very lucky to be surrounded by so much beauty, and so much excitement over holidays. It's pretty awesome.

I hope all of you had a happy, happy Halloween too. It's hard to believe it's November!


Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012  Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012 Halloween 2012

29 comments:

  1. How fun, these photos are just gorgeous! My husband's family is split up between Kingman and Bullhead City and every time I look at your photos I am amazed at how you live in the same state as them! The landscape and architecture are just so different, it's hard to believe you're in the same part of the country! What a beautiful little town you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your town is like a story book! Where do you live?! Ours barely participates. It's so sad. I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I seriously want to live in a town like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww this looks like a dream!! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw that looks amazing! So many people out and about. Can understand why you love living in a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have just been flicking through your photos and we now want to live in America. Also Henry and Hank's costumes are adorable. Ye are making us very broody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your town is beautiful. SO lucky to live somewhere where everyone decorates! And all the boys costumes are hysterical. You look divine. Looks like you had a bast :)

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awe struck! I've said before how it's not like that in the UK, I'm just completely fascinated by America lol! It's like a different planet or something from a film, from the houses to just how friendly the people are. There is no way we would pull off anything like that in the UK, it would end in disaster!

    Wow, just wow. You are so lucky. I wish I was an American!! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures of Henry and Max are my favourite! I can't wait for the years to come when my little guy will actually somewhat understand Halloween.
    Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your neighborhood looks like da bomb! Someday when we're back in the States I want to live in a community like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henry with his little arm around his friend is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your neighborhood is picture perfect! So gorgeous!!! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so envy that little town of yours. Everyone looks so friendly, and how wonderful that the whole town gets involved in things. So lovely! And his burger costume is just adorable! xo Eden

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You really went to town with the celebration! There is no way anything like this would happen in London. The streets get busy with kids trck or treating but families definitely don't participate in such a way!
    So lovely to see how much you all enjoyed it!

    Red

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. Such a cute little hamburger and chef! Our street closes down and we get hundreds of trick or treaters every year. Almost everyone goes all out with smoke machines and huge elaborate decorations. Good call on starting early, though. The big kids can get rowdy as the night goes on and really trample the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that Lucy Maude Montgomery quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful neighborhood. Everything you post about your town makes me want to move there, but I'm a California girl all the way. Plus, my husbands job is here haha. I just wish there was a cute little town that had activities near us! I grew up in a small town and would love that for our future kids. I don't much like the city we live in now and hope when we're ready to buy a house we can do so somewhere better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys live in the neighborhood of my DREAMS!! As another commenter said though, I could never leave California. Such cute pictures, and you pulled that last minute sailer outfit together fantastically!

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your town is gorgeous, and Henry as a little hamburger is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    PS - to the above commenters, California has a bunch of towns like this! Alameda (in the Bay Area) goes ALL out for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg Henry is the cutest hamburger, i love the pics, such a great time, and wonderful memories for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is some awesome decorating in your town! And a very cute hamburger too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at all of those people! What a wonderful little town you live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks you guys had a great Halloween! I love the photos of Henry with other trick or treaters :)



    Hanny

    justsimplyhanny.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! My Boy had the same Hamburger suit. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can I be your neighbor? There was a hometown football game Wednesday night and hardly any houses were passing out candy when I took my niece and her friends trick-or-treating. I'd love to live where you live! Halloween galore!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I truly adore all of your costumes and how unique they all look!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love love love October too :) Cutest pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips