Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Currently. (Henry's version)

Untitled
Henry's wearing: H&M beanie // Mini Boden coat // Hi by Hello leggings // Hunter boots

Watching: Dumbo. Seriously, Henry would watch Dumbo ALL DAY LONG if I let him. He loves it more than he loves Thomas the Train, if that's even possible. His favorite part of the it is the part where the crows sing "When I See An Elephant Fly." He lets out the biggest belly laughs every time.

Loving: what we call "sampler" lunches. Right now his lunch of choice is a plate of apples, pickles, cheese and crackers. It's so fun now because I can say, "Henry, what do you want for lunch today?" and he answers..which still blows my mind. A lot of the time he'll say "A cookie, Mommy!" but then will laugh and say, "Nooo...okay, I want pickles. And cheese. And crackers. And an apple. On a plate! ...while watching DUMBO!" Smart kid.

Listening to: He has the same few songs he's always into, and every once and awhile I'll put a song on (we listen to Spotify while driving and at home) he'll say "ooh I like this one!" and I'll add it to his little playlist of Henny-approved music. Right now he's really into The Gaslight Anthem. I wonder where he got that from?

Going: to his 2 year appointment, a month late. I'm not sure why it was scheduled for last week, but it was, so we went! Henry did great with his one shot (we're on the Dr. Sears schedule if anyone's interested), and he didn't even cry which was really surprising. He HATES the ear thing though and screams bloody murder until it's put away, so that wasn't so fun. At his appointment he was 3 feet, 1 inch and 31 pounds. Big kid and growing like a weed. It's so fun to see his growth, and pretty crazy to think his next appointment isn't until he's 3 years old. It seems so far away but I know it will be here in the blink of an eye. "The days are long but the years are short."

Making him happy: Candy Cane Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's, the song Jingle Bells over and over- all versions including the barking dog rendition, classic holiday movies like Frosty but not like Rudolph (the Abominable Snowman is scary), FaceTiming with Gigi and Poppy, bear hugging Madeline, waking up so slowly then finally yelling "Come onnnnn Mommy! I'm awaaaaaake!" once he actually gets up, fruit and more fruit, waffles with peanut butter, his beanies, kicking the soccer ball and dunking his basketball in the hoop, dumptrucks and garbage trucks, and all Daddy all the time!


So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog (for you or your little one!) and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts. See previous Currently posts here.


20 comments:

  1. lovely idea for post, so cute...love your approved playlist idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea for a "Currently" post! I was never a big fan of Dumbo as a kid. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen that entire movie. I did love Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Still do!

    You've inspired me to make my own "Currently" post: http://livinglavidaholoka.blogspot.com/2012/12/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! I never saw it in its entirety before Henry's obsession started and now I have it memorized! ;)

      Thanks for sharing your link too! <3

      Delete
  3. What a cute post! And his little hunters in the picture are the cutest things ever!

    www.teenyhippie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! :) And I know right?! I want to just put them up on his shelf when he's outgrown them. I'm obsessed!

      Delete
  4. my daughter is obsessed with dumbo right now too! cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute. We got him a little Dumbo plush toy for Christmas and it's his new favorite!

      Delete
  5. I love all of you Currently posts! But this one is too cute.
    http://sippingsweettea.blogspot.com/2012/12/currently_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani, I love all your currently posts, but it was so sweet to read Henry's answers. My first is 5 weeks old, and your blog is one of my daily reads that keep me sane despite my lack of sleep. :)
    http://budgetmaven.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/currently-8/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find Dumbo to be the saddest of all the Disney movies. When all the old lady elephants reject him, it just breaks my heart! But I know kids LOVE it.
    He is going to be so tall! My dad used to say that if you double a child's height when they are 2 that is how tall they will grow to be. I'm not sure if that is true but it's interesting to see how he grows. :)
    Love reading your blog! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family is obsessed with the peppermint Joe-Joe's too. Gotta love Trader Joes' holiday treats.

    I love this idea! I think I'll do one for Jack. Hope your family had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love him currently! Those lightning bolt leggings! Now I'm kicking myself for not getting those, too!

    Theresa
    http://bomamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Henry is such an adorable little guy! He has good taste in music too! I'm going to do one of these "currently" posts on my blog soon. Seems so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, he is SOOOOOOO cute all of the time. Every post likes this makes me have such baby fever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh puddle jumping! He looks like he's having the time of his life.

    I followed along and wrote a currently, too:
    http://tinteratoid.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/currently-2/

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. can you show us henrys playlist? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is probably one of the cutest things you have ever done!!!! (maybe its because Im a mama)
    Just tweeted you, do you have a golden yellow book Dumbo for henry? I am sending you one if you dont. we have like four! I always thrift extra golden yellow books for friends.

    Every morning I ask Judah what he wants for breakfast and he says "cookie!" and I smile at him and he says "no pancakes and eggs" ha ha

    I was supposed to have Judah go to his two year appt this week (almost a month late) but since we are switching from Kaiser to Blue Cross in the new year we are waiting to see his new doctor :-) I hope we find a really nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I hadn't heard of the Dr. Sears method before so I did a little research. Such an interesting alternative to the currently "preferred" method of immunizing kids! Definitely something to research further when we have little ones of our own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is cute. I love his lunches. It sounds exactly like something I would eat haha He has good taste.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips