Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Things

 my Dad and me on my wedding day- May 31, 2008

waking up yesterday morning at 9am (yes! 9am!) and realizing Hank got up with Henry hours ago, and they were both playing quietly in the living room.

Crossfit this morning and the insanely hard workout we did- the "12 days of Crossfit Christmas."

little reminders to stop and be thankful for all of this, every single last bit, from the shoes on my feet to the roof over our head, to the cheese on my sandwich to the wreath on our door.

that Henry thinks my singing is amazing (when it so clearly isn't!).

dreaming of futures with this little family of mine, getting excited for all that is to come.

rediscovering old music that takes you back to where you first hear it, right down memory lane to forgotten places and long-lost friends.

the many Christmas cards hanging in our kitchen, little reminders of all the love in our life.

this space, and being able to come here and have this outlet to share what's on my mind. This is one of my happy places, for sure.

cheesecake.

friends being in town and waking up every morning to a full house. Henry is in heaven.

and most importantly that Dad's heart surgery this morning went SO well. He's had a couple heart attacks (and actually "died" twice and was in a coma for awhile in 2009 after a horrible heart attack and episode), but they've finally figured out the problem and this morning he had an outpatient procedure/surgery called "RF cardio ablation" to correct his abnormal heart rhythm. They opened up the surgery center just for him and were about to locate the errant circuit and fix it, and now his heart is as good as new! If you've been following my blog for awhile you know what we've been through with my Dad's health, so this is absolutely amazing and SUCH a wonderful Christmas present to hear that his heart is perfect now.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of Christmases tomorrow, and a beautiful Christmas Eve tonight

xoxo

  

31 comments:

  1. Aww this post is sweet. Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas with your family! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie! Merry Christmas to you guys too! xo

      Delete
  2. Merry Xmas and so glad your dad's surgery went well! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tali! I really appreciate your well wishes! :)

      Delete
  3. That's great to hear your dad's surgery went well! Have a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Merry Christmas to you guys too! <3

      Delete
  4. Happy to hear about your Dad's surgery going well! Dads are so very precious. :).

    Also, you sound...pregnant???... I'm probably reading into your words too much, but I hear it in your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Words can be funny like that!

      And thank you SO much for the happy thoughts. SO much love to you! <3

      Delete
  5. So happy for your Dad. Hope you and your family have an amazing Christmas filled with love.

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Dani I'm so happy for you :) when something like that happens it makes you appeciate all of the little things. Have a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harriet thank you so much! And thank you for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  7. I hope your father continues to get better and you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    Krissy @ Mommy Misc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krissy! Lots of love to you!

      Delete
  8. such great news about your dad...really the happiest thing of all :). Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so happy and relieved! Merry Christmas Gina! <3

      Delete
  9. Wishing you years and years all together with your family with healthy days and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet anonymous! The same to you! <3

      Delete
  10. so awesome, Danielle. I'm so happy for you and your family that your dad is doing so well! Family is what it's all about. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! And thank you Jessie! I hope you all had a wonderful day as well.

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I'm so happy to hear about your dad. What a blessing! Enjoy this Christmas :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Marta thank you! I hope you have a beautiful evening!

      Delete
  12. AHHH! so so goood! I am so happy for your dad and your family. Yay! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cannoli, my dad just went through the exact same thing! We actually spent Christmas in the hospital. Scary times. Glad to hear your dad's ok. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh really? I hope your Dad is okay too. Sending you guys tons of healing vibes and well wishes! Lots of love. <3

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad your dad's on the mend! Here's to a happy year for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so very glad to hear the surgery went well and things are looking great for him :)

    Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news about your dad! My ablation really changed my life for the better, and I hope it is the fix for your dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear about your dad :) What an awesome list. And I totally agree about loving waking up to a full house - great opportunities for awesome breakfasts together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found you on #bleubird blog,,, I use to work with your dad. He's a very kind man. I'm glad he is doing better. It was many years ago but tell him CC from Amy's team says Hi!

    ReplyDelete