Monday, December 10, 2012

Lauren's Baby Shower

What a wonderful morning we had on Saturday! It was my sister Lauren's baby shower, and my Mom and I had a great time putting it together. Lauren's due on January 9th with little Lucy, so she is getting ready to pop any day now! It's so neat seeing her on this journey, and it was a very special day honoring this new life we're about to welcome into the world.

It was such a fun group made up of Laur's best friend, friends from work, and both sides of the family. Since it was 11am we served brunch- mini quiches, yogurt parfaits, mini breakfast pastries and red velvet cupcakes, muffins, and assorted chocolates and fruit. Lauren isn't much of a baby shower game person, but we did play one where we tried to guess the circumfrence of her baby bump, and we also all filled out the "For Lucy" sheets I made. I plan to put them all in a keepsake book for Lucy, alongside a photo I snapped of each guest.

Details:
"I Love Lucy" banner from Unicorn Parade
White cake stands: Martha Stewart via Macy's
"For Lucy" sheets: I made them - I'd be happy to send the editable PDF to anyone who would like it.

And here are some photos from our fun day:

Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Untitled Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Untitled Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower Lauren's Baby Shower

23 comments:

  1. Everything is absolutely darling. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable, baby showers are so fun to put together! i love the onsie garland, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your sister looks so happy!

    Bettina @ www.littleoldsouls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! In the picture of her sitting in the chair you can really tell that yall look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful baby shower! I love all the decorations and the "For Lucy" printouts. That's going to be such a lovely gift for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of everything! The I love Lucy banner is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a precious little party and I just adore the name Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your family.
    Lauren is sooo cute! Can't wait to see little Lucy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and elegant shower! Love those cards, and the "i love lucy" banner without specific reference to ms. ball. Looks like it was a great party :)

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Your dessert spread is impressive and I love the hanging baby clothes idea. So sweet!
    Your newest follower,
    Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you girls had a lot of fun. Your sister is shining!!

    Would you send me the "For Lucy" sheet - it happens that we are planning to throw a surprise baby shower for two girlfriends just before Christmas. That would be great! Thanks in advance... sweetsisterdew@gmail.com

    xo. Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the table settings! Thanks for your inspirational!

    I have one more baby shower I have to throw and I hope you don't mind if I steal some ideas.

    Onesie hanging is what we doing also and love the cute onesie!!

    Congratulation to your sister and to you being an auntie soon...very very exciting moments to come and to spoil your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your sister are beautiful! Congrats to her! How exciting that you will have a little baby in the family. I love the little "For Lucy" notes too. What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Danielle,

    Thanks for ordering/featuring the banner! I'm happy to have been able to get it to you in time. The party looks like it was lovely, and congrats to your sister (and your whole family).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hеy! Ӏ could havе swoгn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's nеw to mе.
    Аnyhoω, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bοok-marking
    and cheсkіng bacκ often!

    Here is mу web-site goedkoop bellen naar het buitenland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ιf some one neeԁs to be updatеd
    wіth newest teсhnologies after that hе must bе paу a quicκ ѵisit thіs website and be up tο datе eѵery day.


    Here is my page - Wikispaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wаs suggeѕted this blog by my cousin.

    I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

    My website ... HTTP://kraamkado.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/kraamcadeaus-en-babyartikelen-in-de-babywinkel-bebebasket-nl/

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's amazing to go to see this site and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this paragraph, while I am also eager of getting knowledge.

    Visit my web blog kraamcadeau met naam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ӏf you ωoulԁ like to obtain a goοd deal from thіs article then you have to applу ѕuch technіqueѕ tо yοuг won
    blog.

    Нere is mу webѕіtе -
    www.squidoo.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips