Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sugar + Spice and Evergreen Nice...


Oh Method soap, oh Method soap, how I loooove thee!

Seriously though, I do (as you know by now). And December is a super special time in the world of all things Method because one, Method products make adorable gifts (they're so fun and pretty to wrap up in a gift basket), and two, this month you can check out their two new collections that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside: the Sugar + Spice collection brings peace to your sinks with modern twist in Sugared Mint and Gingerbread fragrances, while the Evergreen Nice collection is sure to evoke holiday nostalgia with the aroma of Frosted Fir and Mistletoe. Love it. My personal fave: the sugared mint scent. Yum. And in this case yes, soap can be yummy!

You can collect them all at Targets across the US, as well as online at methodhome.com and well.ca (for our Canadian friends).

And because Method can't go a month without being so sweet and giving something away, this month's fun contest is going on over on Pinterest. It's really simple and you have SUCH a great chance of winning. Here's how to enter: head over to Pinterest and create a board called “Method Holiday Happy,” starting with a method holiday product. Then pin other stocking stuffers that strike your fancy! Make sure to use the hashtag #methodholidayhappy so Method can see your board. Then on December 17th their five favorite boards will win a bundle of Method holiday goodies. A helpful hint: Method people have a sense of humor (exhibit a and b), so pin and have FUN! Let me know if you decide to enter. And psst...you can also follow Method on Twitter and like them on Facebook.

Happy soaping, dishwashing, smelling, and PINNING! Good luck.

xoxo


14 comments:

  1. I have become such a fan of Method products. I love their sleek look, fun designs, scents and "clean" ingredients. I'll definitely look for their holiday line the next time I'm in Target...which will probably soon since I love that store, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? REALLY??? ANOTHER method post. Dani - i really adore reading your blog but at some point you need to attempt to be in better tune with your audience. I would probably AVOID method products because I am SO TIRED OF READING ABOUT THEM here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous,

      Wish you would have signed in with your name! I appreciate the comment but I actually explained in the beginning of all of the Method posts that this year (2012), I'd be posting one Method post per month, and that's what I've done. No more, no less! So sorry to disappoint you, but I am happy with the amount of sponsored posts I do (which is next to none, comparatively) and feel that I am very in touch with my audience. Thanks though!

      Thank you for reading! <3
      Danielle

      Delete
  3. Hi Danielle,

    Not sure what my name has much to do about anything. My opinion stays the same..name listed or not. But it's Charla if that's info you wanted. I suppose one would have to read your initial method post to pick up that tid-bit of information.

    I suppose if your happy with it, that's all that matters. I sort of thought the purpose of writing a public blog was to appeal to a large audience. I wonder how many comments this post will pick up and how happy Method will be knowing that your writing about their product is actually having the opposite of the intended effect. And you're welcome! xoxoxoxoxkisses <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charla,

      Thanks for replying. I understand where you are coming from. I guess I just feel like I do enough of all the regular posts that a sponsored post a month isn't a big deal. This month has been a little out of the ordinary with the holidays and 3x the amount of posts I typically do, so perhaps that's kind of adding to your feeling. Anyhow, I do appreciate you taking the time to give some feedback. I agree that the point of a blog is to appeal to your audience, but at the same time I do try to strike a balance with it all- regular posts, sponsored posts, etc.

      I apologize if my "thanks though" comment came across as rude- my initial reaction was a bit defensive because I really feel that I do try and keep it real. I'm sorry if you took it that way. <3

      Have a great night,
      Danielle

      Delete
  4. I actually like looking at pictures of pretty soap bottles. I try my best to fill our home with pretty things that attempt to fill themselves with the smallest amount of chemicals. Your audience is diverse and I prefer to only comment on the posts I like, which happens to be all of them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I do skip over the Method posts, but only because they are 100% not relevant to me as they're not sold where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no problem with the method posts, and honestly I drool over their special edition packaging and seasonal scents when I'm out running errands. Keep on keepin' on, you're NEVER going to have 100% of your audience on board with 100% of everything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no problems with the method posts, if you don't like it skip over that post, she has it clear in the title. Btw for your Canadian friends Shoppers Drug Mart & Canadian Tire sells method. CT has the whole method line! I adore the sugar mint hand soap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm taking some time today to thank my favorite bloggers and wish you a happy holidays.

    Thanks for the awesome content all year round!

    http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-holidays-from-oliveobserverblogsp.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Method, and I have to say I haven't even noticed your other ones and I read SS every day. So, either they are 100% relevant to me, so they don't seem odd or bothersome because I am used to seeing sponsored posts on blogs. I'd much rather see Method brand posts than something like Kraft Mayonnaise. IMO, you are doing just fine so don't sweat it!!!

    I'm a sucker for that pretty packaging too. My current hand soap dispenser is cheap, gross and old so maybe it's time I picked these up on my next Target run :)

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn that typo - *or they don't seem odd...... not "so".

      Delete
  10. I love Method products, and your blog! I most definitely entered the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the what the commenter stated above. All these sponsored posts can be a bit annoying, but that is what happens when people, business, etc. start making money for what they do. It is to be expected. I guess sometimes you have to sell out a little...

    ReplyDelete