Thursday, January 3, 2013

Girl-Crushin': James of Bleubird Blog

In the New Year I wanted to do a new short and simple feature where I could share some of the women in my life that completely inspire me. I thought it was totally fitting to start with one of my favorite people, a woman who is part of my life both online and off, and whose spirit and love for life inspires me all of the time. James is a hard-working and dedicated mother who, besides homeschooling her two oldest children, makes time to raise her large family, always has her hand in creative endeavors, and still manages to have time for a good old fashioned phone chat now and again. James is the perfect first "girl-crush," and I'm pleased as punch to have her on Sometimes Sweet today.

As this feature grows and evolves I'm looking forward to sharing these little looks into different ladies' lives (from both online and off), and learning a bit about what their days and own inspirations look like. Enjoy!


Name: James Kicinski-Mccoy of Bleubird Blog

How I fill my days: my days are pretty full. I spend them with my four children Julian, 12, Milla Plum, 9, Birdie, 2 and Sailor Rhodes, ten weeks. I homeschool, so we spend a big chunk of our days at home reading and learning. We also like to keep it fun with games like chess, building forts with Birdie, baking, listening to records, art projects and little trips to the parks and museums in our city. We obviously can't fit all of those things into every day but we try to switch things up and do what we can, when we can. I love the freedom that homeschooling gives us.

What I'm currently working on: during down time, of which there is very little, or late at night I work on personal projects and things for my blog. Right now I am developing two products for brands that are pretty exciting. I'm also working on finding a house for our upcoming move to Nashville.

Who or what inspires me:
other mothers! I am so inspired to see how other moms do it, especially moms who have big families like myself. It's so nice to see how their families work, the traditions and day to day happenings that take place and the relationships that they have with their children. We all learn from each other. It's really inspiring.

3 current favorite blogs to read: Soulemama, Oh Happy Day! and Shutterbean.


45 comments:

  1. Awe, agreed. Been reading her blog for a long time now & I love that family :) Great folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her blog and this is such a cool feature! Can't wait to see more awesome ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until just now I didn't realize that I had completely forgotten about Bleubird Blog (I need to add it back onto my Reader). I'm back to reading again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I'm really excited for this series of yours! James really seems to be a wonderful person (with a lovely family) and I especially love the questions that you asked, focused on creativity and action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! I am a big fan of her blog!


    Theresa
    http://bomamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bleubird! So excited to read more of this feature. I love the favorite blogs to read question. I already love Oh Happy Day! and Shutterbean, but hadn't heard of Soulemama yet- excited to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing you friend with us. I loved her interview and her family picture. I cannot wait to visit her blog and get to know her a little better.

    Happy New Year!

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am loving this feature idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature - I'm excited to read more! I've been following James's blog for a while now and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. James and her family are definitely inspiring :)

    Xo

    http://cansouplover.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like this new feature! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog. great new feature - such a cool peek into the lives of other inspiring women. looking forward to reading more of it!

    xo ...from Bottle to Botox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm adding her to my list of blogs to read! She seems like an awesome person and I'm always interested in people who choose to homeschool their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh! I love this new feature, and the title is just perfect! I love both of your blogs!
    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fun! What a great first girl to feature! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE JAMES blog! I found it here years ago and have watched her sweet family grown and everything she shares is beautiful! Thanks to this series I just found Soulemama from her recommendations and LOVE That too {I just read every page on her blog from the last year} I Love home schooling, natural mamas who share real life moments on their blogs. Super honest and inspirational. Great new feature Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are such a cute family. Great new feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable family! love this new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful new feature - and i ove the bleubird blog. james and her family are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can already see this is going to be one of my favorite features this year. I love reading about James and her family on her blog. It's so lovely to see her featured here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just recently found your blog, and I love. love. love it! This new feature is great, and I can't wait to follow James too! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isn't Shutterbean fantastic! I love it too and I'll be sure to check yours out too!

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this new series! And no better person to begin it with. xo S.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great read Dani. I love Ms. James, and am not even a mother! Great style and advise that can be handed down to the every day woman as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful feature darling. And yes, Her blog is wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw I love James too. Cheers, this is a great new feature.

    Valentina
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a total girl crush on her too! So excited for this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to say, I'm right there with you, love this woman and her gorgeous family!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally have a mega-crush on her, too. ;) She's one gorgeous mama. LOVE this series, Dani! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. new to your blog via james, but i love it.
    this is such a great feature, can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love her, love this feature!

    thanks for this wonderful look into my favorite blog lady!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i am also a big fan of the bleubird blog and have just found yours - great! i love this post idea and i'm looking forward to reading about other women that inspire you.

    i think we are so lucky to be living and mothering in this blog-era. motherhood would be a very different place without the inspiration, support and laughs that are to be found online.

    http://thislittlemum.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an awesome feature! Just enough of an interview to learn something new without being overwhelmed by information. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Who couldn't love James? She is such an inspiring lady. I adore this new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm so happy you've started this feature! I always go searching for new blogs through your blog and this will make it even easier!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's great entry, you have some awesome characters,looks very good! It's a good things for me! i will
    fllow with interest your post. Good Lucky! cheapest runescape gold, buy runescape gold cheap , cheap rs gold for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  37. It was great to get to know a little bit more about you, James! LOVE your blog and read it several times a week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is the cutest family picture I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    My webpage ... free tattoos

    ReplyDelete
  40. Having read this I thought it was rather informativе.
    I appгeciаte уou spеnding some
    tіme and eneгgy tо put this infоrmаtion
    together. ӏ once аgain find mysеlf spendіng a lot
    of time both reading anԁ poѕting comments.
    But ѕo what, it was still woгthωhile!

    Also vіsіt my web blοg :: condo miami for sale.

    ReplyDelete