Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Weekend, on a Monday

Untitled

Okay first of all...LUCY'S HERE! It was the most amazing weekend in the entire world. I got to witness my sister give birth and it was truly life-changing. To be honest I was a little freaked out at first- I am insanely queasy when it comes to anything involving blood so I wasn't too sure...but I knew I wanted to be there for Lauren so I got it together and put my game face on. Surprisingly I didn't get faint or feel sick even once. There's no other word to describe it other than AMAZING. Since I gave birth to Henry via emergency c-section I never got to experience a birth like Lauren had, and it was such a bonding moment for all of us to be in that room together. I'll never forget it, and I feel a very deep bond with that little lady. I can't wait to be the best Aunt ever. And let's talk for a second about how beautiful she is! Look at that hair! Abe is Costa Rican and she definitely got his darker features. Such a perfect doll.

As far as my "Try. Make. Do." project, I kind of failed miserably because I was in a hospital for most of the weekend. I plan on trying again next weekend, but I guess I kind of did do some of it, so I'll share.

Try something new: Um. Well, does watching a birth count as trying something new? I feel like it should.

Make someone smile: I made Abe smile by my incessant treat giving. Smoothies, beef jerky, I'm your girl.

Do something for myself: I had a couple of great workouts in my parents' gym on my own, and it felt so good to lift heavy with just my music and me. I love Crossfit most of all, but one of the things I miss about my old workouts is getting lost in the music on my headphones. It was nice to revisit that place.

So that's my half-assed attempt and NOT what I had in mind for the project's first week. Forgive me? I'm looking forward to taking it more seriously this upcoming weekend and taking my camera out for a spin, somewhere else other than a hospital. But on a related note, the hospital my sister delivered in was so nice- it was more like a hotel than a hospital. Insane.

I hope all of you have had a great start to your week. Tomorrow I am hoping to take Henry's 2/52 portrait- loving this challenge. Have any of you signed on? Don't forget you can visit Jodi's blog and follow along too...she's the originator of this great idea!

xoxo


21 comments:

  1. Yep I'm loving the 52 project!

    Ps. She is adorable

    Bettina @ www.littleoldsouls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's GORGEOUS! Congrats, auntie :)

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girl. Oh, newborns! They are just so darn cute!

    Theresa
    http;//bomamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your sister! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your sister and to you on being the best aunt ever, haha! Lucy looks amazing, her hair <3<3 aaaw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Lauren and to you on becoming an aunty! What a wonderful time for your family. Of course, she is just precious. And that bow! So cute!!

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's precious!! Congratulations on becoming an aunty!!! So happy H is going to have a sweet little cousin to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOT!!! My daughter and husband are Costa Rican! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL skin in the world. NOT even kidding. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations to your sister & the whole family!!

    she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is beautiful, congrats.
    I was with my cousin when she gave birth and it was pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That DEFINITELY counts as trying something new. What an amazing experience! Congratulations again. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing, congratulations on your new addition to the family! she is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is amazing, and what a cutie! I'm not a mother (yet) but I am an aunt to 3 little angels and it is really the best job, so enjoy every minute of it :)

    Strive to Thrive,
    Nic
    www.Thriving-Wives.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you, Lauren, and her family! Lucy is a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a miracle!!! She's very very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg Lucy is so beautiful! congrats to your family!

    xx, kara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breath-takingly beautiful! And who cares if you didn't give it your 100% this week? I think any progress, no matter how small, is progress none the less.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Aunt Danielle! And congrats to your sister & her mister! Lucy is so incredibly beautiful. She is perfect!

    I think that is awesome that you got to be there for her birth. What a wonderful moment.

    Have a wonderful rest of your week. I'm sure it will be grand :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is so precious! Do you think your sister would ever be interested in sharing her birth story?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips