Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekend Links

So excited to try out my new @radiantcosmetic lipsticks! #KissSlaveryGoodbye

I'm kissing slavery goodbye with Radiant Cosmetic's lipsticks this month as part of their awesome campaign. Be sure to visit their site to learn more and to take part in making a difference.

Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough larabars from one of my favorite food blogs. Delicious!

10 shocking secrets of flight attendants. Thanks Elizabeth!

A winter picnic! Love this.

How to dwell small.

Tina Fey and her secret to success.

IKEA in February, so good.

A links post in a links post- getting crazy over here.

Love this for Valentine's Day, or any day really!

Can't wait to see this movie.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful video, Rachael. 

Oh, Dr. Wayne Dyer- you're so wise!

Does your family have a shared mission?

Enjoyed this beautiful post on Lindsay's blog.

A 50 year visual history of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. 

Some fun "Currently" posts to check out: one and two.

So many cute things for little ones. I can't take it!

And speaking of little ones, DIY glittered baby shoes for $1. Awesome.

Coconut oil. Old news for some, but still worth the read.

My favorite photographer. If you're in the area, book away!

One step at a time.

So many cute Valentine's cards!

50 slow-cooker recipes. Bound to find at least one you love in this round-up.

I love Oprah!

Obsessed with these tea towels, and this shop.

Oh Mara, always so beautiful.

Summer colors- yay Casey!

I LOVE reading about Erica's adventures. Here's a little bit to get you hooked: "Stella and I traveled together with Stella's nanny into Central Java, by train, bus, bicycle rickshaw, and pony cart."

Laurie Breaker is amazing. Still loving our stamp of course.

Current favorite blog. So much inspiration.

*I also thought it would be fun to start a new tradition every Friday, and ask all of you to share one link you've loved over the past week in the comments below. I think it will be a great way to find even more neat things all over the web. I hope you play along! 



  1. So many great links this weekend! Can't wait to fully read through all of them.

    One of my favorite links from this week would just be Bridget's blog which I always love reading. She takes the most beautiful photos and her and husband Robbie are so adorable. You should really check it out! I love her.

    Have a great weekend, Danielle. I hope it is full of goodness :)

  2. A link I've loved is this little fox doll on etsy:
    Kind of cheating because I actually discovered it a few weeks ago and already bought it for my baby's room, but it's so sweet I think it deserves some more looks!

  3. I loved Dear Abby's obit, as strange as that may be. "But after I was married, I thought, 'There has to be something more to life than mah-jongg.' "

  4. i always look forward to this feature of yours. in fact, it inspired me to make one of my own. so i know you said one link, but here's the link to my blog post that has some awesome sites ive found currently.

  5. One of my girlfriends shared Door Sixteen with me last week after I posted home design pictures to Pinterest. That blog is ADDICTIVE.

    Also, considering the size of my bedroom is close to your typical NYC studio (less than 200 sq ft), I love checking out tips for effectively using my space. Excited about that Chalk White Arrow link!

  6. link posts are my favorite! here's mine!


  7. Here is a great link I found. Henry is a little young for it yet, but I think it's a great idea. It's 50 open ended questions to ask you child.

  8. Successful Early Risers -
    Valentine's Day Card for Geeks -

    Just read this book. You will love it based on your past book history. It's dark, funny, romantic, scary...I promise you will heart this series.

  10. So many goodies to be found in this post! Thanks for sharing. :)
    I really enjoyed reading this post on Thought Catalog:

  11. Thanks for sharing your favorite links!
    I loved this post, originally I saw it on

  12. I happen to like this list:

  13. Love Fridays' post

    Cameron Russell at Ted Talk :

  14. i love reading about Erica and Stella also. happy weekend!

  15. oh, and this was my latest find in the blog world. the road is home. such beautiful photography.

  16. second time you've showed off those sassy nails... who makes that lovely powder pink color?!

  17. Ugh, Silver Linings Playbook was so good. I love anything Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. I can't wait to see what you think of it!
    Currently love this link:

  18. Hi Danielle! I am relatively new to your blog (have been quietly following along for a few months) and thought it polite to actually say hello. You have a lovely space here, and a refreshingly honest voice. I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Sunday!

  19. Hey sweet lady. Just saw you linked to my latest post. Thank you! Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

  20. You! Thanks so much for yet another link <3
    I do quite enjoy these link posts from the audience side as well-- 50 slow cooker recipes? Yes please. Winter has been crockpot season for me for sure this year. Love it!

  21. These posts are so helpful discovering new people. The slow cooker recipes sound a treat. We've been making everything in them from chilli to stews this Winter x

  22. Oh man! I want to read your weekend links post right now but know I have to do my hw first lol!!!

    Your weekend links are always my favvvvveeee!!!

    Cathy Trails

  23. Just got done reading them this post..that video was soo heart-warming...Wayne is truly a genius...and I adore coconut oil for it's million and one uses.

    Thanks for including my currently post!

    Here's my weekend links post from Saturday:

  24. It's not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain good facts from here all the time.

    Also visit my weblog ... Ralph Lauren Outlet

  25. My brother suggested I might like this web site.
    He was entirely right. This post actually made my day.
    You can not imagine just how much time I
    had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Have a look at my blog post: supra skytop


Blogging tips