Wednesday, February 6, 2013

5 Senses

1 lone carrot cake cupcake leftover from this weekend. Someone come eat it before we do!


seeing
Little bits of Valentine's Day everywhere- in our home, in all of the shops downtown, all over my Instagram feed- and it makes me so incredibly happy. I sure love that sweet husband of mine and I don't mind a special day where I get to remind him even more than usual how much he means to me. And now I have two Valentines to spend my day with.

tasting
Sandwiches. I'm on the most insane sandwich kick lately, and I think it all started with this one episode of Man Vs. Food I stumbled upon last week, where the host was sampling sandwiches of the East Coast. Since then I've been eating at least one sandwich a day. My current favorite? Bacon, avocado, tomato and a touch of mayonnaise, all on fresh sourdough bread.

hearing
The new Broadway Calls. Have you heard it yet? It's SO GOOD. I love that band, but their first album is really the only album that gets regular rotation in our house. But then this album came along and it's whole new ball game. Seriously, download it if you haven't already.
 
smelling 

The pizza we ate for dinner. And a little bit of the vanilla perfume from Lush that I spilled earlier. Not a good mix!

touching

Henry's hair, all day long, because it has a life of its own. I can't bear to cut it much shorter, but it can be quite annoying when he's trying to do everyday things like, oh, see. But it's almost to the perfect length where that front part can be tucked behind his ear. It's amazing to think how long his hair would be now if he were a girl and I never, ever cut it!

I originally saw this idea on my friend Angela's blog. Do yourself a favor and stop over there- she's amazingly talented and her blog is just beautiful!  And if you decide to do your own 5 Senses, be sure to link up below.


xoxo

29 comments:

  1. Ohhh, love this idea!!! Very nice.

    My little guy is almost 5 month old.. I love going back in people's blogs to when their kid was 5 months.. And some of the pictures of Henry are to die for!!!

    Cinnamon-g1rl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also looove going back in the archives of friends' blogs and seeing what their little ones were like at Henry's age! So fun! :)

      Delete
  2. What the heck? That's weird, I just randomly did a senses post last week and thought I came up with the idea all on my own! hahaha Guess not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's still your original idea if you thought of it! <3

      Delete
  3. Dude. Broadway Calls is great. I love them :)

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They're so good. Can't get enough!

      Delete
  4. I did a similar thing after watching the film Perfect Sense; recommend if you haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't! I'll check it out, thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. i actually saw your recommendation and remembered seeing this on one of my movie networks recently. so i downloaded it and watched half of it during nap time. so far it is SO good! i can't wait to finish it!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you like Broadway Calls! They are from my hometown and I've hesitated to comment anything before because I don't want to be a name-dropper... but I could totally name drop if you wanted me to. ;)

    the brayn of chalayn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww how fun! My hubby toured with them back in the day- such nice guys and it's SO cool they're from your hometown! Name drop away sister! ;) <3

      Delete
    2. Oh that's so cool! I don't know Josh or Ty, but I am friends with Matt (who is no longer in the band) and the new bass player, Adam. Adam's wife was also one of my friends who helped me coordinate my wedding! Not very impressive name dropping, but there you have it. :D

      By the way, I really enjoy your blog. You write beautifully! I also appreciate how you have so many followers and are probably super busy, but you still take the time to reply to comments. :)

      Delete
  6. That sandwich sounds amazing--fresh, toasty sourdough bread is the thing I miss the most since giving up gluten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I bet! But I'm sure you feel ahhh-mazing!

      Delete
  7. Besides potatoes (which are my number 1 favorite because they can be so many delicious things), sandwiches are my favorite food! My husband makes fun of me for it, but there's just so many delicious ways to make a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I also LOVE potatoes. Sweet potatoes especially!

      Delete
  8. I've actually done a couple of these! Love 'em! And always enjoy your posts!

    http://makinghomesimple.blogspot.com/search/label/senses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for linking! Excited to check yours out too! :)

      Delete
  9. I had such a craving for a sub sandwich last weekend entirely out of the blue. I HAD TO stop and get one. The sandwich you've been enjoying sounds delicious!

    I love your plate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i love the idea of a post based on senses.
    the plate that cupcake is on is gorg!

    new follower :)
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun post! pizza in the oven always get my senses excited! i think i need a slice now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a fun post to read I will have to try and make one of these soon.

    My blog: acolorfulcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea! I might have to start doing this.

    http://danirayxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jarvis is 14 months old, I am yet to cut his hair, even though it hangs in his eyes and he has a bit of a mullet going on. I just cannot bring myself to cut it. When did you first cut Henry's hair.

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun topic idea; thanks for the inspiration!I needed something creative to get my mind off this snow!
    http://stefanieshouldbearealityshow.blogspot.com/2013/02/five-senses.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips