Monday, February 25, 2013

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Untitled
Today, 14 weeks and 5 days

1. So Hank and I went and saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday. I really loved it, but I think if I hadn't already read the book I would have loved it even more. The book and movie were so different, and although I definitely preferred the book to the movie, I think they did do a great job with the film adaptation. The acting was great and I think the casting was perfect. Also, I never really thought of Bradley Cooper as a great actor but I was just so in love with how well he portrayed Pat. So B.Cooper, you've got a new fan in me!

2. The energy level difference between the 1st trimester and this one is insane. With Henry I felt pretty normal the whole time- never super tired or fatigued but with this pregnancy I've felt like I've been in a sleepy haze the past three months. And even though I'm already in the 2nd trimester by a week or so, I FINALLY woke up this morning feeling like my normal self. SO excited about that. I'll be doing a proper weekly pregnancy post later this week so I'll talk more about all of this then but this is worth a paragraph all its own. Celebrating!

3. Downton Abbey. Okay so I know I am insanely late to this party but wow! I watched all of Season 1 on Netflix, then borrowed Season 2 from Hank's step-mom and it was so hard to make myself go to sleep and stop watching episodes. I thought it would probably be overrated since everyone and their neighbor seems to be obsessed with it but lesson learned (again), everyone and their neighbor were right. I don't really even know where to begin but the main thing I love about it is how developed the characters are. It's so strange how quickly you become attached and invested, and the writing is just beyond wonderful. Favorite, for sure. Have you see this show? I'm JUST starting Season 3 so no spoilers please.

4. Can we just take a second and thank Costco for selling huge 4lb bags of frozen organic cherries? I've been living off them as my nightly sweet treat. I mentioned it on IG/Twitter but oddly enough chocolate or any non-fruit sweets do not sound good. I wouldn't turn down a slice of pie or anything, but my beloved Cadbury Mini Eggs actually are disgusting to me right now. I have no idea how that happened. Pregnancy is caa-razy.

xoxo
 

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE Downton! I watched all 3 seasons in 2 weeks!!! How did I find the time with having 2 small boys???? I am sad I have to wait for season 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me during pregnancy too! Normally I have a huge sweet tooth but I wasn't interested in anything sweet (but smoothies) while preggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look our for Mr Selfridge too which is coming out in the US soon I think. It's brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on your posts and truly enjoying it all.
    Funny--I just started season ONE of Downton, and have only watched two episodes…I too waited so long, and now i'm so behind!
    Glad you're feeling good and yes, pregnancy is really weird. Every time. You're doing great it seems, so keep popping those cherries! :)
    Aloha,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually Downton obsessed. Everyone is laughing at me but who cares. Make sure you watch the Christmas specials in between. They are very important ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Danielle! I just started watching Downton last week! I finished season one in two days and have been trying to drag season two out for a bit because I don't want it to end. (Since season three isn't available on Netflix or HuluPlus, I'm not sure how I will be able to watch it because I don't have a TV...)

    I thought, "Well, everyone raves about this show, so I guess I will watch an episode or two just so I know what they're talking about." I never expected that I would get so completely sucked in. My cousin accidentally revealed a terrible season three spoiler, though, which is super depressing, but I've still been able to enjoy it.

    Also, in case you couldn't tell, I don't know too many people who are watching Downton, so I get a little giddy when I realize there is someone I can talk to about it. haha.

    Glad you're starting to feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear you liked the Silver Linings Playbook movie. I am a little nervous to see the movie after I loved the book so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can watch season 3 on PBS.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got home from Silverlining play book and I am very excited to read the book now. Actually until I read this post I couldn't remember why I downloaded the book sample. But I'm guessing I did from a previous post of yours. Please tell me you laughed in that movie!? No one in our cinema was laughing even when they were dancing, which left my friend and I thinking, are we just so sleep deprived that we are delusional?

    Bettina
    www.littleoldsouls.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. downton is the best! you can watch all the seasons on pbs.org. i'm totally obsessed...but unfortunately ran into a couple spoilers that took the mystery out a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha "caa-razy!" hahah.
    I keep hearing about Downtown Abbey.. kinda wondering if I should take it up?? Maybe in the Summer...
    Are you still keeping up with PLL??? So excited for tonights episode.. last ep was super creepy.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would cry if mini eggs ever became unappealing, we go way back haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really want to read Silver Linings Playbook before I see the movie but the Oscars def are making it hard for me to wait. I am also on the waiting list at our local library and am #58 on the list - so thinking I might need to just buy the book. ;) And oh, my goodness don't even get me started on DA - one of the best tv series EVER. well-written, scripted and acted. Keep watching and only sleep when necessary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Dani! I haven't been reading your blogs but seeing great news like your pregnancy is always wonderful! Goodness, 2013 is filled with pregnancies and future new babies being born - as I am also 21 weeks pregnant with another baby girl! Again, so I know the great feeling of adding to your growing family! =) - a r d e e.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to watch Downton Abbey! I've heard it's such a good show!
    Amia-http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let me chime in on the whole Downton Abbey bandwagon situation, because I am way late to the party too. I had kind of written it off as well thinking that people were just blowing it out of proportion , but I LOVE IT! The writing is impeccable, the costuming is stunning, and the characters...I love em! I wish I could choose a favorite. I love Carson and how he cares for the Crawleys, but I love the Mr. Bates/Anna storyline too! What a lovely show! I watched the entire first season in a day on netflix, the second over the next couple days through Hulu...and now I have GOT to figure out how to watch season 3 IMMEDIATELY! lol

    We may have been late to the Downton Abbey party but that just means we got to beinge on the first couple seasons and not have to wait like all the other suckers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK--first off, I had no idea that Costco had huge bags of frozen cherries, because I will drive there TONIGHT to pick some up! They make my morning smoothies so much better.

    And secondly, geerrrlll! Downton's gonna freak your shit out when you get to the third season.


    And lastly, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Everything makes much more sense when you don't feel completely fatigued all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely want to start watching Downton since everyone loves it! I'm late to the party too haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. i didn't know for your pregnancy....i didn't come during a few weeks.... congratuations it's great!!!!!!! best wishes from France!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips