Thursday, February 14, 2013

Girl Crushin': Amber Beck of I Love You To The Moon

Happy Valentine's Day! What a perfect day to share another girl crush. This time it's my real life and online friend Amber. I LOVE Amber. Like really, really love her. She has the kindest heart of anyone I know, and her zest and passion for life is truly contagious. She's just the best, and if you're curious as to why she's the best, go check out her blog or follow her on IG...your day will have a lot more sunshine in it, that's for sure!

Picture by Kara Mercer 

Name: Amber Beck from I Love You to the Moon and amber_beck on IG.

How I fill my days: I am currently working full time as a police dispatcher, going to school full time – Early Education/English as a Second Language, and student teaching 15-20 hours a week. So that is pretty much it for me! Haha. When I can, I squeeze in coffee dates with my favorite people, try and make it to the gym, and wind down with a book or fall asleep to a favorite t.v. show.

What I'm currently working on: taking pictures with different film cameras I own and developing them each month. 12 months, 12 rolls of film from different cameras. :] I’ve been collecting cameras from thrift shops for a few years now, but seem to stick with the same two or three cameras when I go to grab one. I love how convenient and awesome digital pictures are, but there is nothing quite like film.

Who or what inspires me: People that love life. Seriously. It is the most refreshing thing in the world to see people truly happy. There is a Dr. in the college of Education that is the most joyful person I have ever met. The last time I stopped by her office she said while laughing, “Oh! What a good day! Lucky me, I get to help this beautiful girl on this beautiful day!” and it's 100% her, all the time. She also has a really awesome accent which is just fun to listen to.

3 current favorite blogs to read:

Katie at Skunkboy

Suzy at Suzy Krause and the Sky Scrapers


  1. i LOVE Amber. So glad you shared her on this feature!

    1. Isn't she great? She's so real and inspiring. I'm so happy you love her too! :)

  2. Amber was one of the very first blogs I've ever followed. I love her and she is such an inspiration!

  3. Amber's blog is my favorite ever. Yay!

  4. aw! thanks for the link love, amber! :) what a sweet surprise...
    {thanks danielle, too!}

    i didn't know you two knew each other in the real world. crazy.

  5. In love with that first picture of her. Total Girl Crushin'!!!

  6. She's soooo pretty :)

    xo Ashley

  7. Amber's radiance is the best, she's a girl crush of mine too!!!!

  8. She is beautiful! Thank you for sharing :)

  9. Amber is the best! I can't even tell you how many hours upon hours I've spent going back through her blog archives and loving every post. And she just started following me on Instagram, so I feel really cool. :)

  10. Aww she is so cute! Just started reading her blog. Thanks for sharing!

  11. Amber is my absolute favorite! She is the sweetest ever! xoxo

  12. Ooh. Love her and those videos she creates! Added to my daily reads list!

  13. i've been following amber's blog for a couple years now, and she truly is such a light! i don't know her, but she has an amazing energy and she really has inspired me many times, especially to lead a life that i full and live it with happiness. i really am so thankful to have stumbled across her blog, she has helped me immensly.

  14. i stubled across amber's blog a few years ago and i think that she is such a light to the world! she doesn't know this, but she has helped me to want to live a life that if FULL and the live it in happiness. she's an amazing soul, thank you amber for helping me out in my life :)

  15. what a great feature and I want to do the same with my film cameras so great idea.

    Bonnie Rose
    The Compass Rose

  16. Hi Danielle!

    Thanks for your girl-crushin' posts! I am a new blogs addicted and I love your "current favorite blogs to read".

  17. I've been following Amber Beck for quite some time now, she is absolutely wonderful and so truly honest. Always so busy and always so beautiful, she puts me to shame! (especially since I am not so busy and defo now as beautifully presented most days!)
    Thanks for sharing this one, I'm glad you are girl crushin her, cos I am too!

    Louise xo

  18. My goodness THIS GIRL!!
    She is something else isn't she?? A ray of sunshine is right

    & I'm honoured to be included in her lists of faves!!

    - Carly

  19. Thank you for having me, sweet friend! You are always and forever my girl crush.
    LOVEYOU. <3

    And thanks to everyone for all the sweet words! Made this girl smile for sure. <3

  20. how did i JUST see this?? I LOVE HER!!

  21. When some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she needs to
    be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.

    my web-site - help with medical school interview


Blogging tips