Monday, March 25, 2013

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday too.

Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13 IMG_1706 Weekend in Phoenix, 3/22-3/24/13

Hello (and goodbye) weekend! We headed down my parents' house on Friday as soon as Hank got off work, narrowly escaping rush hour traffic. We somehow managed to bypass our usual stop for pie and headed straight for burritos, with my only regret being that we didn't stop for both! It was a quick drive down though, and really, there's not too many things more awesome than Henry's excitement and anticipation at seeing his grandparents. The "Gigi! Poppy!" yells start the second we exit the freeway and don't stop until we've pulled into their driveway and are out of the car. I love it.

Best things about the past couple of days: seeing our family from NY, spending time with Nanny, frozen yogurt, running around barefoot in the grass, laughing forever with my sister, holding little Lucy and daydreaming about this summer when our little one will be here, getting the rest of Henry's Easter goodies, my baby belly finally popping (!!), and driving around with my guys listening to our current album of choice, Bob the Builder. Although this starting to make it to the list below this one after the seventh listen.

Worst things (just to keep it real): Henry's little meltdowns when things don't go his way, or he doesn't want to leave where we are, or he does want to stay where we are (getting the picture here?), seeing my Grandma not doing so well, our meal on Saturday- I think loving Mexican food so much makes me even angrier when it sucks so bad, and feeling like I had ladybugs crawling all over me for hours. Thanks Mom! 

I hope your weekend had a lot more things in the "best" section, than in the worst. But the good news is that even if it didn't, there's always next time...

xoxo


26 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a really fun weekend and that's great that you got to visit your family. I hope your Grandma gets well soon! Toddler meltdowns can be a bit stressful, I'm still trying to figure out how to get through them at times lol.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And I know right? It can be super stressful but it's nice to know we're not alone! <3

      Delete
  2. Sounds fab.my weekend def had more in the best section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pictures. You're looking great and I LOVE the maxi-dress, it suits you so much. I'm still awaiting the arrival of Spring here, the whole country has had another snowfall... I'll have to wait a little longer until my dresses come out to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Jade! I'm in that awkward pregnancy stage where maternity clothes don't quite fit right but my regular clothes definitely don't. I swear I woke up this morning though to a belly that was 5x bigger! Yay! haha.

      Have a good week!

      Delete
  4. oh wow, it looks like summer! we're still having snow here in Austria :/
    despite the bad things (let's be honest, there are always some of those as well - makes us cherish the good things so much more!), it still seems to have been a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Austria! Even though I'm sure it's freezing I can only imagine how beautiful it is! Stay warm ;)

      Delete
  5. We're going through the same thing with our 2 1/2 year old! The temper tantrums are so unpredictable and seem much more frequent these days! It's just a phase, a need for control and no other way to express themselves, though. I love that maxi dress, F21?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And yes, F21. $15 on sale! :)

      Have a good weekend Olivia! <3

      Delete
  6. Looks like it is full on spring out there...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a spring-y weekend! Thanks Susan!

      Delete
  7. I know what you're talking about with the Mexican food! I get so pissy when it is done poorly. Luckily, that's only ever happened in other cities. Tucson has some of the best Mexican food ever, so maybe I'm just spoiled on it.

    Hope your grandmother gets well. It's very hard to watch grandparents go through ailments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hank and I was SO annoyed. We had burritos from a quick little place for $6 each on Friday and this was a much more expensive place and was 100x worse. Go figure though, right?

      Delete
  8. It sounds wonderful. That Henry is such a cutie. I, also, really love your maxi dress. Looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's SO comfy. I think I'll be living in maxi dresses this summer! :)

      Delete
  9. i am so jealous of the "green", being outside in a dress and flip flops..we still have snow on the ground up here in NY.. i feel like spring is never going to get here!

    looks like a fabulous weekend..

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a little cold where we live too, so we were totally soaking it up at my parents' house. It was hard to leave!

      Delete
  10. Children are so cute and so terrible, sometimes. It's so frustrating when I'm at work and the kids have a meltdown. It always sets other kids off and sometimes they're not able to articulate what the actual problem is. When it's clear that they're upset about not getting something they want, we do a lot of "I understand that you're upset, but this is that's happening" talk.

    Hope all gets better with your grandma. I'm not sure if you mentioned what the problem was, but still, good vibes can sometimes work wonders. ♥

    theramblingfangirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cristina. She actually had surgery the other week and her kidneys failed. She was doing so well before- really healthy and great but in a matter of days it went to this. So sad. :(

      Delete
  11. I'm in maxi dress envy! I'm constantly looking for cute ones that aren't expensive- so far, nothing. :(

    And sending good vibes your way and your grandma's way! <3

    x Sara from tinysugarbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend- this one was $15 from Forever 21! I just bought it so they have to still have it. I also like Old Navy and ASOS for cheap ones.

      Delete
  12. You look glowing! What a lovely time it looks like you had. Gorgeous family

    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Jade! You're always so sweet. I hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you thank you for telling us where you got your maxi! I should really stop buying summer dresses but for that price I had to do it. Perfect for my growing bump as well. :) You look great and I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm so happy you got it...and I agree, that price was too good to pass up!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips