Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekend Links


If you're a regular reader, you know that my little sister had a baby a couple months ago, and Tiny Prints provided her with birth announcements. I almost always use Tiny Prints for invitations, and have found their customer service to be top notch, along with their super fast delivery. I helped my sister pick her announcements out and we somehow managed to choose just one in a sea of adorableness. Seriously, go look and try to pick just one- impossible! Lauren is so in love her choice (here's the one she chose), and it's made the loveliest keepsake to put in Lucy's baby book. Right now Tiny Prints is also doing a 25% promotion until 3/5 with code birthday13, so order away! And thank you again Tiny Prints...you've made a new mama so very happy.

Untitled

Emmy's Organics sent us THE BEST PACKAGE EVER (all caps because I'm that excited). Honestly, if you haven't yet tried Emmy's get to your local natural foods store asap and try them out! You can also order right from their website. They sent us a big box of every macaroon flavor they make, along with a jar of their new chocolate sauce. I would never lead you guys astray so take my word for it that these are the best things ever. And a bonus? Gluten-free, vegan, and raw. Tip: if you want to expand your parents mind and your Dad is anything like mine, don't tell him any of that- just ask him to try the delicious cookie you're handing him. He'll love it, trust me. It's hard to pick a favorite flavor, but I'd say I love the coconut vanilla and lemon ginger the best. Although the cacao is a close third, along with all the rest. They're all amazing. Have you tried them yet?

And now, some links! 
--------------------

Amanda Palmer on the Art of Asking.

The coolest photos, by my uncle.

What are you randomly good at? I loved this!

5 children's books that inspire healthy habits.

How Google Search works. Interesting!

Have you tried out Brickyard Buffalo yet?

23. Enjoyed this post.

And speaking of birthdays, I posted a little Jux about it.

12 lessons from Now and Then about being a woman.

How to feel when your ex is nominated for an Oscar.

Buy Local. A cute bag for bringing to the Farmer's Market.

Such a beautiful video.

Family Dinner: Treasured Tradition or Bygone Ideal? What do you think?

Would you take a cruise on the Titanic II?

Chicken Tortilla Soup. Yum!

And finally, Trying to be Thinner to Make Up for Everything Else.

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. yayayay! So fun seeing my ad up <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I LOVED the Art of Asking video. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that 'how to feel when your ex wins an oscar'article was really great-so true-you on't think of the hard stuff, just the glitzy pretty stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is literally my favourite post of the week! I love spending ages going through each one of the links and I always learn some really cool stuff :)
    Thanks for posting :)

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Amanda. I have her TED talk bookmarked and I'm excited to watch it today. She is an amazing performer and this little empire she's built for herself is fascinating. I've fallen off the AFP wagon lately because of certain comments/behaviors, but I certainly can respect her work ethic and I love how much she loves and appreciates her fans. There is a great community aspect to being a fan of her work and it's the thing people feel most invested in.

    That Charlie and Lola book was a huge hit in our classroom last year. We had a recycling work that went along with it. The children had a mystery box full of items that they had to sort: paper, plastic, or glass.

    Now and Then was one of my very favorite movies growing up! I wonder if I still have my VHS copy around here somewhere.

    Family dinners are essential. I didn't always love sitting with my folks at the dinner table (especially when I headed into my teens), but I realized that out of all of my friends, I had the best relationship with my parents and I think a big part of that had to do with family dinners. Sitting around, enjoying food, chatting, watching the news. Sure, you're not always going to get the full story about a school day from your kid, but at least you're trying. I know some folks who don't allow for TV during family dinners, but I found that it always prompted interesting conversations. It also meant that I was up to date on important local, national, and international happenings. When I have a family of my own, I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure we sit down for dinner together as often as possible.

    www.theramblingfangirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness those announcements are absolutely darling! I have always been a bug fan of tiny prints' designs, just haven't had a great reason to order from them yet.

    Have a fabulous weekend Dani!

    - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always love your linky posts. you always share the BEST and most interesting stuff with us that i don't see elsewhere! AND, you featured my soup - FUN! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tiny Prints too. Good thing I didn't know about them when I did birth announcements, which I didn't even do for the last two kids, :), but still.
    I love all of your links! Will be going through them all. Thanks for sharing them. I wonder how you find all of those, but just glad you do! :)
    aloha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah that birth announcement is adorable... I never heard of tiny prints but it's something to keep in mind. I currently have 2 friends that have babies on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your jux about birthdays. Have a wonderful new week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet birth announcement. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips