Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekend Links

First of all, have you ever had a Rita's? I grew up on in it NJ and my family and I are OBSESSED. Luckily we have them now in Arizona and although the closest is 1.5 hours away I'm still so happy have them in the state! And you can bet that we'll be celebrating the 1st Day of Spring by driving down for a free Italian Ice. It's such a fun tradition. Will you be going?


Am I overly-emotional from being pregnant or does this make you tear up too?

from Zen Garage:

"Marina Abramovic and Ulay started an intense love story in the 70s, performing art out of the van they lived in. When they felt the relationship had run its course, they decided to walk the Great Wall of China, each from one end, meeting for one last big hug in the middle and never seeing each other again.

At her 2010 MoMa retrospective Marina performed ‘The Artist Is Present’ as part of the show, where she shared a minute of silence with each stranger who sat in front of her. Ulay arrived without her knowing and this is what happened."

 
Part of our week- I'll write more on my Grandma next week.

Be sure to stop by Jess' shop My Charming Colors- ALL proceeds go to help a friend's mother who is battling stage 3, phase 4 breast cancer. The sale will be on until March 20th.

Recipes and tips for healthy travel.

Have you tried making Stickygrams yet? Get $2 off your first order with code FRIEND0IA9.

 Spinach artichoke mac n cheese. Yum!

 And more food: spicy sweet potato fries with avocado dip.

So tired of (and appalled by) the body shaming surrounding Kim Kardashian's pregnancy. Anyone else?

I love being married, and love reading happy posts about it.

How cute is this personalized pillow?

LOVE this low rolled updo tutorial.

Super easy (and cute!) summer hairstyle.

16 ways to get super-excited about your blog again.

"It's okay..." I like this simple post idea.

What a beautiful blog!

Looking for a kid-friendly vacation?
 
Etsy wishlist: this necklace, these tents, and these little leggings.

And speaking of Etsy, get 15% off your whole purchase of $10 or more from Sara December Rose on Etsy with code SWEET15.

What a lovely, and beautifully written, quote.

And speaking of lovely and beautifully written, read this.

A tiki-themed bridal shower? So, so cool.

 DIY dip-dye Easter totes. Adore this outfit.

And Sweet Charlie. Please send her all of your well wishes.

What I know about fear, now that I'm in my 40s.

And finally, Advice to My Kids.

Happy weekend! xoxo

30 comments:

  1. Ugh, that video. Tears!

    Also, if you download Rita's app, you get a free "punch" in their reward card. I can't wait to get some Rita's again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I had NO idea about the app! Ah! Thank you Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't even seen that garbage about Kim Kardashian! I don't understand why there can't be more kindness to pregnant woman. I remember a few years ago when I read Perez Hilton and he was talking about how some pregnant celeb looked like she was going to burst any day, and she was maybe 6 months pregnant? I couldn't take him anymore after that and promptly stopped reading. Every pregnancy is different, every body is different, and we are all doing an amazing thing by literally growing another human! Arghhh!

    (sorry, must have pushed a pregnant rant button in me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl we are SO on the same page with this. It's appalling and I get really annoyed seeing friends post stuff about it on FB and Twitter. It's horrible!

      Delete
  3. that video is amazing. how intense it must have been in that room, at that moment. also, just found manger through pinterest yesterday and yes, amazing!! happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you too girly! <3

      Delete
  4. that video, shteesh!

    i second what @clare lanusse said. "every pregnancy is different,". i'm pregnant for the second time currently and have definitely already gained more weight at this point in my pregnancy than i had at the same time with my first child. and you know what? who cares. so long as me and the baby are healthy, i'm ok with it. i mean, my body obviously needs it so i'm not going to pressure myself to look a certain way or stay a certain size.

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy? This pregnancy is so different too! What are you having this time around?

      Delete
  5. Have you seen the HBO documentary about The Artist is Present? It is absolutely breathtaking. I was at MoMA as they were setting up the exhibit and once when it was actually taking place and I didn't understand what the heck was going on, but the documentary totally opened my eyes. It's a must see, even for people who don't like performance art. I can't say that I'm a huge fan, but I would definitely see something of Marina's.

    As for the Kim K. stuff, I can't even go there. People are disgusting. I feel sorry for her. I'm also sad for Evan Rachel Wood, whose sonogram photos were zoomed/snapped by paparazzi.

    theramblingfangirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cristina! :)

      No I haven't seen it! Another commented mentioned it below so I'm going to see if it's on Netflix. I hope it is! It sounds awesome and after reading more about it I definitely want to check it out.

      Thank you so much!
      <3

      Delete
  6. That video became super viral and, after feeling puzzled by it, really liked to read more about what's behind. Actually, when they broke up he kind of ruined Abramovic's life (not for so long, fortunately). haha! If you want to read it, check this interview with her! Long and interesting: http://bombsite.com/issues/84/articles/2561 (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks Maria! I am off to check it out - would love to find out more!

      Delete
  7. I love this video, the story and the people. Its so moving <3

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I was in full blown TEARS!

      Delete
  8. Best weekend link!
    http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that Gladis! :)

      Delete
  9. You must watch the hbo documentary "the artist is present" about marina!!!! It is amazing, inspiring, and life changing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia thank you so much for the rec! Off to see if it's on Netflix!

      Delete
  10. We have Rita's right down the street and love to go on the first day of Spring. If the weather is nice, however, the line is SOOOOOO painfully long. I don't know about your area, but you might want to plan on spending a while in line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly!

      Yes! Last year it was INSANE! I think we'll try to get there super early. But otherwise...long line it is! :)

      xo

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the $2 off the Sticky Grams!!! Told myself I would just check out the website/app and accidentally bought myself an adorable sheet of magnets! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. At 2:27 he says something to her -- I'm sure of it. What was it, I wonder?

    I watched the video 3 times (and cried). Just so incredibly moving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also grew up in Jersey! My sister and I used to always drive to Rita's together, especially on the first day they're open for the spring time!

    I live in Boston, Mass for college and sadly there are no Rita's up here :(

    I'll have to make a special trip back home for sister time and Rita's Ice time!

    I'm sure Henry will loooovee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

    Also visit my web site; www.d-s-o.pl

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a sleеk dеsignеd digіtal cоnveсtiоn toaster oven thаt will cоnsistentlу ԁeliνer реrfеct taѕtіng food еvery tіme.
    I can't exactly remember why--maybe it was peer pressure from our health-driven community, who knows. Now you're ready to be сrеаtive ωith the outѕiԁe of the cakе.



    Fеel frеe to ѕurf tо mу web sіte pizza pan akron

    ReplyDelete
  16. One time theу еnd up being аssοсiates,
    they will anticipate fаmiliаrity, but not ѵery sіgnificantlу until such
    time as then. Put tοgether the spot just where yοu are gоing to be carrуing out
    thе сοlorng. The landfill extendeԁ the sρace ѕο іt сan be made use of to dеvelορ on.


    Feel free to surf to my webрage; twitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the link love! I also teared up when I saw Marina & Ulay:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on regular basis to take updated from newest news.

    Here is my page; Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hі all, here every one іѕ shаring suсh
    know-how, thus іt's good to read this webpage, and I used to pay a visit this blog daily.

    My weblog :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tried my first Rita's this past December in Phoenix a few months ago visiting my sister. It was actually reallllly cold, but I could not pass up a birthday cake italian ice! Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips