Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Best Ink 2


I wanted to make a quick post to share a bit about a rad show that's premiering tonight on Oxygen. It's the second season of Best Ink 2, hosted by Pete Wentz. It's a 10-episode tattoo competition show, but unlike so many of the TERRIBLE ones out there, this one is actually really, really cool and entertaining. I've had the pleasure of previewing the first episode, and if you're into tattoos at all, you should definitely tune in.

Like I mentioned above, it's a tattoo competition show (the winner will receive $100,000 and a feature in Tattoo Magazine), Pete Wentz is the host, and some very familiar faces are the judges- Joe Capobianco, Sabina Kelley, and Hannah Aitchison. And then throughout the rest of the season there will be a ton of celebrities and artists stopping in to guest judge including Ray J, Travie McCoy, Angela Simmons, Vanessa Simmons, Justin Bua, Miya Bailey, the list goes on...

Will you be tuning in? Best Ink 2 premieres tonight at 10pm ET on Oxygen. I'll be watching, so let me know if you are too!

xoxo

p.s. if you're curious about my tattoos, check out my Tattoo Tuesday feature with photos of all of them (except my most recent Sylvia Plath thigh piece). 





p.s. if you're viewing this via Google Reader or another feed, be sure to click out to watch the videos.

*this post was sponsored by Oxygen Media and Best Ink 2 but as always, all opinions are mine.
I appreciate you guys supporting the occasional sponsored content I share here. Thank you! :)

17 comments:

  1. oooh I want to see the new piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I hadn't heard about this show before, but I will definitely have to give it a try. I think I've maxed out on the number of times a person can watch LA Ink in their lifetime ;) I'd love to see a picture of your new thigh piece as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, that first girl flipped! i get so embarrassed by people's actions sometimes. like, do they realize they are being total a$$holes?!

    i would totally watch- but i don't have tv! watching tattoo shows was always my guilty pleasure. while i only have one tattoo i have grand plans for sleeves - i just always chicken out. i also had/have an entire back piece drawn up and ready to go..someday i will just do it. meanwhile my husband is covered and continues getting more and more - i usually use him as my excuse - that our tattoo fund all goes into him. we'll see maybe this will be the year that i just do it up.

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post! The hubs and I watch Ink Master, and frankly, we were getting a little tired of it before the season's finale. I can't wait to tell him about this one!

    Happy Day!
    xo,
    Royal @ royalproclaims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't watch these shows, I get too angry!!! That first video stressed me out so much! And then why are they supposed to know how to use spray paint if it's a tattoo competition? haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. And they call the clients "skins"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nova you were the first person I thought of when I was writing this post! Are you going to watch? I want to know your full review!

      <3

      Delete
  8. Ugh! That one girl totally stressed me out just watching her! I'm intrigued, though. I love shows about tattooing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to watch but we don't have a TV sub. I might have to check if this is on Hulu Plus though since I'm thinking about getting that (since Amazon Prime's free instant programming is super disappointing). That first gal is intense. Though I've heard of several who are "experienced" at being tattooed but are so awful it's a wonder they have any finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this set on my DVR! Can't wait to see it!

    Are you going to post your new piece on here? :) You make me want so many more tattoos because yours are all so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you, you have a lovely blog - greetings from Sweden! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'll definitely have to search this one out. I don't get Oxygen but I will see if I can find it online (HULU).
    I'm slowly working up to a full sleeve myself so I love seeing fab tattoo work.
    p.s. congratulations on another little boy on the way! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching it now (recorded it on your recommendation) but curious how its different from Ink Master? Looks like an identical format so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, already hooked because I am a huge fan of Joe Cappobiancos work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could get into these tattoo shows but I just can't support them! I had a REALLY bad first tattoo experiance which landed me in the hospital. I'd hate for them to be rushed or something and seriously hurt someone. (I've never watched the show so I don't know how it works but the idea just makes me a bit nervous.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing ! I will watch it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips