Thursday, April 4, 2013

Currently.

Untitled
Who is this squishy baby?! Dying over this photo and feeling so excited to have another tiny little guy to love.

Feeling: really happy. I came across this quote the other day about how we are so quick to share complaints, and how we should share our joys more. Um, YES! I wrote a whole post on this the other week after I felt weird tweeting about how happy I was feeling, but how easy it was to complain or be negative in that space, but then deleted it because I couldn't find that fine line of not being annoying when talking about happiness. And believe me, there is a fine line online. Say that five times fast. Anyway, I think we should all share more joys, more positivity, you know.

Watching: Always late to the game but I finally got around to watching Girls one night last week. It took me maybe two episodes to REALLY get into it but once I did, oh my god. Hooked. It's so good! Have you seen it? I really does remind me of being that age (minus the bathing with my best friends part- that's a little out there for our group), but so much of it was reminiscent, at least in theme. I really enjoyed the first season- the humor is so right on and I adore the characters in all of their insanely odd glory. My favorite is Jessa. Any recommendations on where to watch Season 2?

Reading: this and this. I'm juuust starting that first one and so far, so good. I'll give more info later once I get into it. And the second book I love, always and forever. Have you read it? This is my oh, twentieth time rereading it and it's one of my all-time favorites. I probably pick it up at least once or twice a year. If you haven't yet read it, do it now! I demand it!

Thinking about: I was talking to my friend Jess today about how the people we let into our inner circle affect us on so many levels, and can affect the way we go about our day (even parent!), and it really struck a chord. It may seem silly, but when you're on the internet a lot via social media those you interact with every single day online do impact your life- your day, your mood, everything, so it's important to only let kind, loving people in, wouldn't you agree? And on a whole different note I was thinking about how CRAZY I am when it comes to my hair. My friend Jenny got it super light a few weeks back and although she fixed the crazy million-toned thing I had going on, I just can't get into having it this light. I need a happy medium, so this Saturday we are going to go for this color. What do you think?

Eating: I've been loving a few things in particular lately: Pink Lady apples and peanut butter, Gouda cheese and Wasa crackers, and Clementine oranges by the boxful. So good.

Looking forward to: Disneyland! We were supposed to go last month but rescheduled due to weather, and I seriously cannot wait until May to finally take Henry. He's been so into all things Disney for awhile now- he's obsessed with Dumbo most of all but also enjoys good old Mickey Mouse Club. So many of you emailed me with awesome tips and I can't wait to put them into use. I'll be pretty pregnant when we go, so I'm thinking (and hoping) I'll be able to jet away to the room to rest when I need to. If any of you have any magical tips for a pregnant gal at Disney, I'm all ears. Mouse ears. (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Making me happy: brothers, Henry still taking long naps, Italian ice, maxi skirts everyday, spring cleaning, always Hank, and this amazing weather!

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

xoxo

36 comments:

  1. Fun to read your list! I´m actually feeling quite excited since we´re signing papers for the kitchen renovation we´re planning today - will include taking down walls, building new ones and so on... Big adventure (and will be totally annoying at times as well, won´t be so easy to cook while they are at it).

    Also; the SUN is shining here in Sweden, I´m still home with my rascals for their Easter break and I just feel pretty happy. Good days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color! I'm thinking of doing something similar with mine.

    Here's my currently post: http://www.waytothesea.com/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. growing up my goal was to make it to new york city. i should also point out that i was extremely naive throughout my youth. as i watch the seasons of girls, i am so very fortunate i never moved there, because i can see myself getting into many of the situations hannah does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we also just got back from disney. we took our five year old and our son a week older than henry. it was nothing short of amazing! here are our pictures if you'd like to see:

      http://delirious-rhapsody.blogspot.com/2013/04/when-you-wish-upon-star.html

      Delete
  4. Every time I read your blog I find so many things in common. I loved The Handmaid´s Tale and I´m loving the turmoil that Nat hashtag has created on Instagram. So curious about The Gifts of Imperfection...I have to check that out. Perhaps you´d like to check our Book Club? Just a group of moms enjoying a monthly read...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we all shared our happiness instead of our negativity, there'd be so much more joy in the world. Don't be afraid to share happiness. I make it a note not to complain too much online. I find the negative tweets/posts/etc to be more annoying than the happy ones!

    I had my hair really light to the point blonde last summer. Looking back on pictures, it didn't suit me as much as I thought it did. The color you're going for is almost like what I have now. It'll look great on you!

    Great list, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are headed to Disneyland at the end of April! So excited. This will be my first time visiting pregnant but I'm looking forward to doing a lot of walking, pictures and finding cute things for the nursery. Before we go I check out my usual sites and they are usually dead on.

    http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-predictor-calendar/

    http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/cadisneyland/ss/disneyland_by_month_5.htm

    I'm sure you've done your research but those two are always helpful! Hope you guys have so much fun and if I have any tips after my visit I'll definitely pass them along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be going to Disneyland! I've never been to Disneyland but I've been to Disney World. Once when I was one (I don't remember what-so-ever.) and again when I was about 12 and of course senior trip. I love it! I never feel like I'm "too old" to go to Disney! There is always something new and exciting going on.

    x Sara from tinysugarbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, it's going to be so fun to take Henry to Disneyland for the first time! It's so sweet to see how kids react to all the magic! Hey, for that matter, it's fun to see how adults react to the magic too! :)

    Here's my currently post for April:
    http://ohdizzle.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/april-currently/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot about this Girls show, and you definitely piqued my interest. I'll have to do some searching and see where I can watch first season!

    You inspired me to do my very first Currently post. http://slightly-normal.com/slightlynormal/2013/4/currently

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay disneyland, and yay california! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the wonderful news of another baby boy! So fun! I am a local to Disneyland and have always had a pass (but decided not to have one this year because i am getting married - so I need to save my money!). You will LOVE it. If you get too tired of all the walking, Dland is very accommodating and offer wheelchairs! I think there's a deposit fee you pay, but you will get it back at the end. Make sure to get fast passes! They'll save you from standing in long lines!

    Here is my currently post (mine was adapted from Amber Beck, so it's a bit different!)
    http://brendaabel.blogspot.com/2013/04/currently.html

    <3
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are sweet. Even though I don't know you I was thinking today about how kind you seem and how I appreciate that it seems like you care about so many people even if they have different lifestyles than you.

    I'm happy for your family's new addition! Brothers are the cutest. :)

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that hair color, although I was liking your highlights too! :) When I dyed my hair darker/red I swore I'd never do highlights again, but now I really want them again. I dunno if it's just the crazy pregnant lady talking or a good idea. We'll see :) I hope you get the perfect color on Saturday and I expect an instagram. Haha :) ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! Such an adorable baby! Babies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girls Season 2 is a whole 'nother ball game. It's much more introspective and even more uncomfortable (I KNOW), but it shows more of a day-to-day perspective from the main characters. There are still big Moments, but for the most part it's big Episodes, if that makes sense. Best to watch in smaller doses, like one or two episodes a night max. that said, SEASON 2 IS AMAZING and you should absolutely watch it soon.

    Congrats on the new little boy!! I have loved your blog for years but was a creepy stalker/non-commenter till now haha. Also, I know Disney World is really accommodating to pregnant women, but not sure about Disneyland, though I imagine it can't be that different!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just went to DL last week and I need to tell you, Radiator Spring's (California Adventure) is awesome. But, if you have any hope in riding Radiator Spring's Racers, you have to get there early and get a fast pass for later in the day. They will run out of fast passes for that ride in an hour so get in line ASAP! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spring has a way of inspiring... As do new babies and vacations and such! Love these. I'm currently loving tea. Making and enjoying a cup of tea in the afternoon has been my saving grace "currently." http://mipancitagarcia.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-cup-of-tea-for-mommy.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, I just finished Handmaids Tale. Curious to hear your review when finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a wonderful blog post series Danielle, thank you for the inspiration!

    I am so longing for some warmer weather, it's been cold in London since October and I'm dreaming of summer dresses.

    I have uploaded my own 'Currently' post here: http://www.lifeoflaurie.com/blog/currently/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gah!! Girls is amazing!! We borrowed a friend's login info and watch on HBO GO, as we don't have cable. Just wait for the season 2 finale, i ran to my husband and cried like a baby... happy tears ;]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these posts. I really need to get on the Girls train... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Girls but the second season kind of lost me for awhile. So much so I wasn't even sure I'd watch next season but the finale was so good that I know i'll definitely be tuning in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Today was a pretty good day.. big trip to Walmart! Ha!

    My currently post (with more than just walmart, promise!):
    http://followk.blogspot.ca/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. i always enjoy your currently lists, friend. i keep hearing about Girls and i am late on the train as well. and of course, so happy for you and the new baby! you and your family are too precious. :)

    p.s. i happened to do a currently post today too: http://www.muchloveilly.com/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I post my "Currently" on Friday's. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    http://www.amaddoxfamily.com/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. My parents work at one of the farms that produce Pink Lady apples, which means that i get them for free! Can you imagine? I don't know how much they cost there, but I live in Portugal, and here they are very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wrote my Currently spanish version http://lauritapurple.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/currently_7.html?m=0
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is crazy! I just started watching Girls for the first time ever last week AND I just read The Gifts of Imperfection last week as well. I did not bathe with my friends right there but the way that Hannah is in the first season, some of the things she says are just so spot on... I started the second season today and I'm feeling more like Marnie. Shoshanna is my secret favorite though, she's so undeniably her. No fronts, no filter... so awesome.
    And the book, really good. I need to work back through it another time to really get everything I liked about it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. yesss. specific to your first point here - my sister, an l&d nurse was saying how when someone has a bad experience at the hospital, they tell 5 people... when they have a good experience, they might tell one or two. i wish we could flip that around.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can watch season 2 on 1channel.ch, make sure you go to TV, and then search for it. Hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just wrote my own currently post! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    http://www.aceofcates.com/2013/04/08/currently/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love reading and writing these! You're such an inspiration.
    Here's my latest currently: http://livingbittersweetly.blogspot.com/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more
    from this site, and your views are pleasant in support of new viewers.


    Take a look at my web-site :: diet plans for Women

    ReplyDelete
  35. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
    4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had
    to tell someone!

    Also visit my web-site calculate waist to height ratio

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips