Friday, April 26, 2013

Currently.

DSC02727 DSC02976 our bungalow! DSC02815
beach dreaming today - this was taken on our honeymoon in Moorea almost 5 years ago (we look so young!). What I wouldn't give to be back in that magical place right now with Hank and Henry!

Thinking about: How strange it is to feel like things happen for a reason. Some of you know that The Gaslight Anthem is my all-time favorite bands. I love, love them and never miss a show. I also happen to be online an awful lot so I've never missed a show being announced. Someway, somehow, I missed that they were playing on Tuesday night right in Tempe, which is insanely strange to begin with. That morning, I tweeted a friend who posted a photo of their tickets asking "when?" but then got a phone call as it sent, which made me forget to look it up, like I normally would. He didn't answer, so the train of thought was kind of lost. Once I found out about the show around 6pmish, I texted the girls I always go with and they thought that we had all already talked about it. Then I find out that Hank knew about the show too, but forgot to ask me if I was going after he assumed I already knew about it. I was actually supposed to be in Phoenix already that evening anyway, but randomly decided to stay until the next morning. I know it all sounds so weird but all of these little things made me feel so much less sad about missing it. Or, this is just my over-active mind's way or making myself feel better. ha.

Feeling: terrible about a mistake I made yesterday on social media. I had no idea it was Infertility Awareness Week, and what did I do? I go and ask all of my Instagram followers to chime in if they're pregnant. Hundreds of women (300+) commented with their due dates, and it was only after one of my friends gently let me know about the Awareness Week did I find out. I felt horrible; I mean really, how insensitive could that have come across? You live you learn though, and I made sure to apologize on Twitter.

Watching: Sons of Anarchy. I'm ALL caught up now after watching the very end of the most recent season and whoa...so, so intense. I don't want to give anything away but THE SCENE WITH OTTO'S TONGUE?! What.the.heck. I am scarred for life. But other than that? Amazing.

Reading: I'm smack dab in the middle of the one Nicolas Sparks book I haven't yet devoured and loving it, of course. I won't even apologize for reading what I often refer to as a "fluff read," or a non-thinking kind of book I would use as a break between the heavy literature I was required to read in both college and grad school. It's funny, I've recently stopped apologizing for anything having to do with enjoying things I love, and life is a little bit more fun. So read those fluff books, watch those reality shows! Life is way too short.

Thinking about: Getting older. I'm turning 31 next month (31!) and for some reason, that sounds a lot older than 30. One reason is because it IS, but another is that to me, I'm into my 30s now. 30 is more carefree sounding to me. Still kind of close to the twenties, still right on the cusp. But now I'm IN it. And to be honest, I don't mind a bit. I've noticed a few lines starting to form by my eyes and I feel like maybe I should care? But I don't. My Mom has taught me that nothing is more beautiful than accepting yourself (at any age), and I'm right there with her. Sure, 31 isn't old by any means but I'm starting to notice very slight nods to aging going on. And interestingly enough, it fascinates me. It reminds me to get living, because really, I'm not getting any younger.

Looking forward to: this weekend. Tomorrow I'll be speaking on a panel at the Arizona Blogger Conference and I'm so excited. I miss teaching a lot, especially the speaking and sharing part, so I'm really looking forward to talking to a bunch of like-minded people about what I love to do! I can't wait to fill you all in on how it went next week. And besides the speaking part, it's going to be such a fun night filled with some of my favorite AZ bloggers in such a beautiful location. Hank and I are even making a little staycation out of it (thanks Mom and Dad!).

Making me happy: thinking about Hank running next weekend and us cheering him on, Henry talking to Charlie every night before bed, salad and more salad, AM workouts and their ability to put me in the best mood, egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, Disneyland so soon, getting to see Lucy for a little bit last week, this post, and the fact that spring is definitely here.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

41 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to be sensitive to others in regards to the pregnancy question/infertility week. I wouldn't have known either. Good luck with your speaking event...bon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I hope you have a great weekend too! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh man, Danielle. Don't beat yourself up too much about the IG post. If you didn't know, you didn't know. Can't really blame yourself for that.

    I am currently taking a break from preparing for a craft show that is tomorrow...about to head to one of my all-time favorite places: the hardware store.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny you are so sweet! Thank you. :)

      Good luck at your craft show!

      Delete
  3. Love all of your updates…I wouldn't worry at all about that IG either, but I know all about beating myself up over things like that. :)
    I need to get into a good book--it's actually been a while and that isn't good.
    ALOHA,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica!

      Have you read The Fault in Our Stars? You should check that one out!

      xo

      Delete
  4. Sons of Anarchy is such a great show! I love it!

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's so addicting too!

      Delete
  5. I am loving the fact your a SOA fan. I caught up with the whole series in about a month or two. I quickly became obsessed. Sobbed over Opie and also scarred from Otto and the tongue! And then ofcourse, that you can enjoy fluff reads like Nicholas Sparks.... I love a good, sappy, easy read especially come summertime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I also sobbed over Opie...I still can't believe that happened! And wasn't that last episode was so insane?! I can't wait to see what happens with Tara!

      Delete
  6. I love a good fluff read! I used to be embarrassed by the fact that I love all the "shopaholic" books and everything else by Sophie Kinsella....but so what. They're cute, easy, predictable reads and they make me happy. Plus, they aren't the only thing I read :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is she the Shopaholic author? I love those books too! :)

      Delete
  7. GIRL, I freaking love The Gaslight Anthem, I'd be so disappointed! Way to stay positive, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CRIED! haha...maybe dramatic but I was SO sad.

      Delete
  8. I love these posts Danielle! It's been so long since I've done one....need to get back on that! Hope you have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! You need to do another one- they're so fun and I love reading other people's. I hope you guys have the best weekend too! Big hugs to you and your beautiful fam. <3

      Delete
  9. Great honeymoon photos. And as someone who struggles with infertility (trying for our second now... c'mon Clomid!), don't worry about it.... obviously it wasn't intentional so anyone who may have been offended will hopefully understand.

    I just finished The Handmaid's Tale (if you haven't read it, you MUST!) and now I need a light, fluffy book for my next read.

    Good luck with your speech!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bend in the road is so good!!! I've read them all and he's got another coming this September. I also enjoy Sophie kinsella, Emily giffin, jennifer weiner, and Elin hildebrand. All fluff, but super good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an infertile and I don't think National Infertile Awareness Week is too well known. I don't think anyone held it against you. But it was wonderful that you recognized and apologized. That could have hurt someone's feelings if they are currently going through it.

    (not to promote my blog. But I did write about awareness week if you are interested in reading it. http://addingmembers.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/im-infertile-and-its-ok/ )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was labeled infertile up until 1 week ago when I found out I was FINALLY pregnant. I'm 5 weeks and hoping for a happy and healthy babe due on December 25th! Here's hoping for more women to she'd that infertile label. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're totally right about not apologizing for what you like. Sometimes I watch a certain movie on a certain women's network. Lifetime. Okay, I said it. And I feel guilty and silly because it can be corny and silly movies at times...But hey, we like what we like. And kudos to you for embracing that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't worry, although I'm young, I know that fertility will be an issue for me in the future, but nothing makes me happier and more excited than seeing women pregnant and getting ready to welcome new little people into the world!

    I'm so impressed by your thoughfulness to apologise, but I seriously don't think you have anything to apologise for. Anyone can understand how excited and overjoyed you must be with the impending arrival of little Charlie :)

    http://clairehelens.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/currently.html#!/2013/04/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried commenting on your blog but you have captcha and stupid bloglovin on my phone sucks and won't let me post it.

      Delete
  15. I think you look as young as now :D

    You can check out my own Currently post!

    El blog de lauritapurple

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone is human and you can't beat yourself about not knowing about infertility week. I think it was gracious of you to apologize to just make it clear that you didn't have any intentions of hurting anyone. People just have to understand that we can't keep track of all the things that go on in this crazy world. :)

    http://thehazardsoflovemle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is always some kind of awareness week or month going on (not to belittle it at though!) it's really impossible to know and keep all of them straight. I'm sure many of us make the same mistakes, but aren't lucky enough to have someone to point it out to us so we can fix it. Good luck at your event!

    http://adamngoodread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't worry,31 is still young...You have done lots with your life already...I'm sure there are a lot more adventures to come

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh please, don't feel bad about that infertility thing, the only people who would be insulted by that are being ridiculous. It's not like you said something like "People who can't get pregnant are huge losers, right guys?" People are so quick to jump down anyone's throat. Don't even give it a second thought!

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://runningwithtongs.com/2013/04/29/currently/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes it's nice to read a 'fluff' book that's just an easy read! I love Sons of Anarchy but we seem to have so little time to watch all the programmes we want to; I don't know how we will every catch up. You look great for your age :)

    My post from this month http://www.hayleyfromhome.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/a-little-bit-lately.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is nice to read about your thoughts on turning 31, because I will be 30 this November and am having a hard time accepting it. haha. To know that you are having a hard time just turning one year over 30 makes me a little more nervous but also the way you worded it is really nice.
    You are beautiful!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh no maybe I actually didn't word it well...I'm not having a hard time, I actually love getting older! I feel like it's another successful year on the books- more wisdom, more everything!

      I'm so excited for your big 3-0! Such a fun time!

      Delete
  23. Sons of Anarchy is THE BEST! So glad to have a fellow female SOA lover :) I cried in the Opie scene... I am sure you know the one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here is my Currently post :)

      http://littleladyliving.blogspot.com/2013/04/currently.html

      Delete
  24. I work at a campus library, and we always mark our daily stats sheets with some sort of holiday being observed that day. Today is Shrimp Scampi Day, for example. Did you know that? Yeah, me neither. There are so many Awareness Weeks and Official Holidays and Unofficial Holidays that nobody can keep up! Your willingness to apologize to anyone who may have been offended is what counts :)

    Just found your blog today, and I'm loving what I've read so far! I'll be back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so glad to have another SOA fan! I've been watching for years and definitely sobbed like a baby at the Opie scene. I love the show though, it makes me want to be in a motorcycle gang.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm turning 31 in October and my husband is turning 31 in May as well. We're both kind of sort of freaking out way more than we did about turning 30. It's crazy, right? Like, how the eff did we get so ooolldddddd?? Yay for '82 babies!?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Growing older is a beautiful thing. Age is truly a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yeah it's funny. My 30's are flying by faster than my 20's did, for some reason (I'll be 34 next month). I think I like my 30's more though - less angst and more confidence in knowing what I want out of life and not being afraid to go after it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maybe I should watch SOA. I've heard it's good and watched some here and there with my hubby, but never got into it.

    Here's my post, a little late: http://followk.blogspot.ca/2013/05/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. SOA is my favorite show! so glad you like it. the 3rd season finale (with agent stahl) will always be my favorite episode ... so dang satisfying. i can't wait for the new season to start.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips