Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello, old friend. A post about the Arizona Blogger Conference.

So if you're here reading this post, you probably know I'm a stay-at-home Mom. I love my job, but there are some things that I don't experience now that my main company everyday is my 2.5 year old son. I don't always realize I'm missing these things until I experience them, but once I do it's so strange to me to think about the fact that that particular emotion or experience just isn't a part of my daily life.

As a teacher I was used to public speaking every single day. It's something I've always enjoyed, and something I've always felt very comfortable doing. But no matter what, on the first day of school every year, I'd get those familiar butterflies in my stomach, that nervous feeling that nothing but going through the entire day and finally being DONE with it would take away. I'd get it from time to time if I had other things pop up too- perhaps sharing something in front of my colleagues or having to do a presentation for parents, but since I stopped teaching I can't even remember a moment I've experienced it, until this past weekend.

And as odd as it sounds, that first feeling of insanely nervous butterflies was so awesome. I love that I had a reason to feel that way again; to have a chance to shake things up a bit. A total "hello, old friend" moment. I don't often do things that scare me, and getting back to that a bit Saturday night was just what I needed.

It was a wonderful event- the Phoenix Style Collective girls threw an amazing party, full of fun pop up shops, great food, and the coolest gift bag. The only negative was not getting too much of a chance to check out all of the shops and talk to everyone there. There were so many people and things to see that next year that will definitely be a priority!

It was so fun to be able to speak too- I was on a panel of five other women, and went first. My topic was "Finding Your Voice," and I swear, I could have stretched my 20 minutes into an hour! There's just so much to say and the super sweet audience was so receptive and I had the best time sharing some of my experiences and what I've learned over the years. All of the other girls were amazing, and if you get a chance be sure to check them out. Our panel consisted of these lovely ladies: Summer from The Girls With Glasses, Jessie from Style and Pepper, Sarah from Emma Magazine, and Sara from Frances Vintage. I learned a lot from each of them and on a more personal note, really feel thankful we were all able to connect. Yay new friends!

I can't thank the ladies and gentleman of the Phoenix Style Collective enough- they're such an inspiring bunch of go-getters and I'm honored they asked me to speak again this year. AND I should also mention that we got to end the night with a very special proposal! A certain little lady got engaged! So, so awesome.

Hank and I ended up making a staycation out of it, and did some swimming and brunching and laying around before we headed back over to my parents' later that afternoon to pick up our little rascal. I still don't understand how Henry can look and seem older after being away from him from even just a day, but I swear, it happens!

I wish I could have taken more photos of the actual conference, all of the wonderful friends I saw and new people I met, but it was so hectic trying to get ready to speak! I'd apologize for not dragging my regular camera around, but remember we talked about that in this post? ;) Happy Monday, friends!

Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013 Arizona Blogger Conference 2013


  1. oh my gosh it looks beautiful! that pool. goodness. we don't have pools like that here (although, we have an ocean so i can't complain, right?)

  2. looks like such a great time! i would love to hear your thoughts on finding your voice in blogging. have you ever posted about this? if not, you should :).

  3. Looks so fun! I wish I lived closer! Next time I'm in Arizona we have to hang out.

  4. it looked like it was such a good time! i really wish that i lived in AZ 'cause it seems like that is where all the blog happenings take place. ;) i also love your pictures from your staycation. you are too cute!

  5. Looks like such an awesome time! And is that Chelsea from Tea Talk I see being proposed to or am I just getting my hopes up? lo
    But yeah if I was a more serious blogger I would love to go to one of these!


  6. i'm just really praying I look as good as you when i'm pregnant! You're stunning! :)

  7. I had the pleasure of hearing you talk on Saturday and it was such a great topic and something I sooooo needed to hear! I'm currently preggers and in this strange transition phase in both my life and blog and your speech was the jult that I need to amp my passion for blogging again:) I've written my recap ABC13, which will be going up later this week and its mainly about your presentation, lol. You've totally got yourself a new reader, you're kinda awesome:)

    Keep up the great work!

    xo, Joanne

  8. I loved everything you had to say, and I am so sad I didn't come up and introduce myself, but I felt so silly bombarding you;) I really appreciated what you said about being 100% yourself and that when you are, you loose the need to compare. Finding my voice is something I am striving to work on right now, and I felt that your advice is the most helpful advice I have had yet. I am so excited to be a new follower as I have already fallen in love with your blog. You are just such a cute momma and so inspiring! xoxo

  9. I wish I could have been there to hear you speak; I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go! I am definitely making an effort to be there next year; it looks like it was an amazing event with a lot of amazing people!

    Dani Rose

  10. You did a fantastic job with the topic of finding your voice! I really enjoyed the event and felt like I walked away with a ton of good advice from everyone! Looking forward to following along! PS...Love the shots of the hotel. Your room looks so cool!

  11. What an amazing opportunity! And a beautiful hotel =)


  12. Aw! There was a proposal??? How sweet! And you looked beautiful!

  13. It looks like you had such a lovely time! You look beautiful and glowing. xo

  14. Danielle, you are the cutest. You're definitely a perfect person to talk about finding your voice - I adore yours (in the written sense, you know what I mean! haha). I love your blog, your positivity, your realness. And I love reading about your adventures. Thanks for putting yourself out there for your readers to enjoy.

  15. You honestly did a lovely job talking about how to find your voice in blogging. I think it's a newer and more unique medium, so it's interesting to hear one of the "pioneers" in Arizona express her thoughts on how to cut through the BS. I sincerely wonder how you have the time to keep up with blogging since it seems like you're a busy woman. Anyway, it was nice to quickly meet the face behind the words. :)

  16. Wow, amazing weblog format! How lengthy have you been blogging
    for? you make blogging glance easy. The full look of your site is wonderful, let alone the
    content material!

    Also visit my homepage tao of badass


Blogging tips