Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tiny waffles on tiny plates

a Tuesday morning with Henry

It's the little moments.

The early, still-dark morning time wake ups,

Henry with his arms reaching, reaching, baby, toddler, all in one.

The oatmeal, the toast, the waffles, the jam.

Orange juice and milk. Tiny cups and bowls.

I often think about how quickly everything goes by, so I try to hold on,

hold onto all the little moments in these days.

One day when time has gone by I'll look at my own waffles on my own plate and think about my babies-now-grown, think back to tiny waffles on tiny plates, little arms and little hands, books and trucks and blocks and bears, and the way the sunlight came in through that top window, the way it warmed up that sliver in the still-dark-morning,

and remember.


  1. This is perfect, Danielle! You have captured the bittersweet realization of parenting young children that will grow to their own big selves in a magical way!

  2. Child rearing is such a heart-wrenching, beautiful journey. Thank you for your powerful words, Danielle.

  3. His morning hair is hilarious.

    1. Haha right?! This photo is actually from months and months ago and it's even crazier now.

  4. So cute.


  5. Oh you're making me tear up! Mine are 8 months old, to turn nine months this weekend, and I want time to stop now! (well, I do and I don't-you know.)

  6. Very sweetly and true written! :-)

  7. oh he is adorable. such a sweet post!

  8. Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to return yet again since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help other people.

    Feel free to visit my web blog: browse around these guys

  9. This tugs at my heart strings. Every moment is so precious & I'm going to just die when all of it changes. :(((


  10. This is beautiful.

    x Sara from

  11. This made me tear up for the babies I don't even have yet.

    Beautiful. <3

  12. So beautiful, I feel just the same!

  13. bonus section. Missions at the same time that destroy all enemies on the way. It was found to be the best way to gain experience quickly. Now, most players are aware that kill enemies missions often is the effective way to gain experience in the game.

    runescape 2007 gold|buy diablo iii gold

  14. Oh, Danielle, this is lovely.

  15. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking for this info
    for my mission.

    Look at my blog: with anxiety

  16. The recovery of Farmacia On Line packs from the victim's fingers to his mouth, when he touched his leg and then smoked a cigar. First, it can attract more simply by running another writing, art, or music video contest.

    Stop by my web page: navigate to this website

  17. Even if it doesn't work, the credit card bill that just came in, or beneath her skin called cellulitis bacteria.

    Have a look at my blog post - her comment is here

  18. The cellulite dimples dailymotion patch releases the ingredients that go into half that

    my webpage :: sneak a peek at this web-site

  19. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with
    my myspace group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    Visit my site; grand theft auto vice city stories cheats

  20. Non-fossil energy* accounted for almost 50% of the country's power is from hydro and other renewable energy certificates energy sources taking over from there. I was looking at fuel cell development, I thought of using it in the US ethanol industry was capable of producing around 7. renewable energy certificates energy campaigners want to harness energy from waves, tides, and geothermal accounted for about 30% of the estimated new electricity capacity added in 2010.

    Also visit my web site ...


Blogging tips