Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sister Time, Auntie Time, Cousin Time

So my sister and Lucy came and visited this week and it's been a few days full of lounging around, eating really good food, and catching up on crappy reality television...because isn't that what sisters do? Or is that just us? On a related note, we watched the finale of Teen Mom and oh lord, why do I continue to watch this show? It's the worst, and always leaves me crying and so upset. This particular episode was maybe the most upsetting one I've seen yet and like every episode, I say "No more! Never again!" but then I know I'm just going to have to watch the Dr. Drew special. Ugh! But let's not sully this happy sister post with Teen Mom talk- just had to mention it!

It's still a little crazy for me to be around Lauren, and our kids. It's still- how did this happen? How are we not still little anymore? How are we both Moms? Sometimes I feel like when we're together we're stuck at age 11 and 15 in my mind, and to take a step back and look around at our reality is a strange sensation. Hopefully I'll still feel this way when we're 81 and 85, right?

Our days together though were so fun. Sister time, Auntie time, cousin time. And let's not forget lobster roll time, frozen yogurt time, and running around in the green, green grass time.

A few things:

1. Even though I grew up on the East Coast and spent my summers in New England, I've yet to have a lobster roll. Lots and lots of lobster yes (remind me to tell you of the time I almost made Hank simultaneously cry and throw up at a lobster shack in Gloucester one day), but no lobster roll. So leave it to me to have my very first one in land-locked Arizona. In my defense, our little town's newest (and only) seafood spot outside of Red Lobster is run by a Maine-native who gets the lobster flown in. So that's kind the same? Maybe? Regardless, it was so good. My sister and I are big on seafood and we both gave it two thumbs up.

2. May is here! It's my birthday month, and our wedding anniversary month. It also happens to be Shirley's birthday, which is wonderful because she's one of my favorite people in the world, so her birthday is very special to me. Hank and I also always do a fun little staycation to celebrate our birthdays (his is June 1st) and our anniversary (May 31st) and this year we chose a super neat place in Phoenix. Can't wait.

3. Frozen yogurt is delicious.

Some photos from our day -

Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Untitled Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Lauren and Lucy here 4/13 Untitled

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad you brought your "big camera" :) You took some great pictures. Our anniversary is in May too. We are going on a "babymoon" to Jackson Hole, WY. I am so excited!!! I wish there was a nice place for a staycation around here. ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! they make my day a little brighter :) Many comments so please have patience :)

    1.- Love your headband! How do you do to make your hair stay flat??? I have short hair and whenever I try this look, the hair on the back sort of lifts up and i end up looking all weird like with a dome of hair on my head...Please advice
    2.- Love reading your sister stories! Being an only child, I thrive off these posts since I really enjoy your view on sisterhood. I have a friend I've known since I was 1.5 years old (since she was born) and even though we've drift apart, when we're together, I feel like we're 7 and 5 again. I even hit her with a flip flop and she tried to retaliate, it was fun and everyone laughed and told us to grow up. I wish I had that all the time.
    3.- Henry is getting so big!!!! When I had my iPhone, I used to follow you on IG and I've loved to watch his growth into a great person with lots of personality, it's very fun. Hope that comment wasn't too creepy.
    4.- You look great!!!!!!! :)

    Xo

    MJ from Caracas, Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm that frozen yoghurt looks delicious! I'm just waiting for the froyo trend to come to the UK, big style. You guys really know how to do dessert!

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sisters are the best! i have two of them and i love it when we are all together - whether we are busy shopping or busy lounging around and laughing, it's the best time ever. also loved that yogurt picture - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with your comments about "Teen Mom"! I can't stop watching it and I just want to shake Jenelle with every ridiculous decision she makes.

    PS: love your headband :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had the nova scotia lobster roll! It looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant photos! Looks like a great day! :) x

    lemon-freckles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy May! This is one of my favorite months, not for any particular reason. No important events. I think it's because of the sunshine.

    And frozen yogurt is the absolute best. ♥

    theramblingfangirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is gorgeous in every way.
    And it's my sister's birthday in May too, so it is apt in a way!

    Red

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that first photo! If you don't mind me asking, where was it taken? The lobster place?

    Having a sister sounds so fun. :) I'll bet being so close to your sister makes you excited for your little guy to have a brother!

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sister looks like your blonde twin, and that lobster roll looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay to May and our birthday months! Um, I need to try this lobster place. I think a Prescott trip is in order soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. teen mom?! you really should be watching quality television....like the real housewives :). the photos of your niece and henry together are too cute. it must be so amazing to watch your child and your sister's baby together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful day!

    I don't even like lobster, but the photo of that lobster roll sure makes me want to reconsider my stance on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for sister time! I love my little sister, and cherish all the time we get to spend together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god, Lucy is adorable, you look stunning, your sister seems like SUCH a sweetheart, and have I mentioned Henry's hair? Aaaw!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that cake and Henry's face....

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay.. a Nova Scotia roll! It's funny I'm from Nova Scotia and I've only tried lobster once, and didn't really care for it :/ I love other seafood though, go figure!

    My husbands birthday was two days after our wedding and kind of got overshadowed with everything going on... so this year will be our first anniversary and I want to try and actually celebrate his birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I'm craving a lobster roll! The day and the food and the kids look amazing... Love it all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is surely a precious moment! With a new cam..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooooh, that frozen yogurt - jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your frozen yogurt makes my frozen yogurt look super boring. I always get original with honey - and SOMETHINGS some butterfinger crumbs. So good, but boring. Maybe I'll have to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! I have 2 younger sisters and my middle one is recently married. I can't even imagine the day when we are all moms and talking about old times. As a side note, our wedding anniversary is on May 29th, May is a good month :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Social media to me is like a current in electricity It energizes the whole world to be one. Thanks for sharing a nice post. I use this site Free Likes to promote on Facebook Google, Twitter and LinkedIn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Teen Mom is like a trainwreck. You just can't look away.

    I've never had lobster before. Mostly because I hate anything that comes out of a body of water. But I really want to go to Maine so maybe eventually I'll try it haha.

    It sounds & looks like you ladies had the perfect sister time :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips