Saturday, May 25, 2013

Weekend Links

  2 sweet things: sweet Henry, helping me grocery shop, and sweet girlfriends who brighten up your day!

I cringe to even give this guy more page views, but if you're in the mood to read some craziness, check this out: "Tattoos and Other Easy Ways to Ruin Your Body." And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the things he says are just...really crazy, at least from my perspective.

No joke, these are the VERY BEST caramels I've ever had in my life. Order, order, order!

If you are looking to get family photos taken, and you're anywhere in the West, contact my sweet friend Lauren- she's SO good. Tell her I sent you!

The perfect 4th of July bowtie for your little guy.

The 20 most expensive homes in the world. Fascinating!

The cutest birthday shirt I've ever seen.

Wishlist, dress edition: this dress, this dress, this dress, and THIS dress.

These guys are having a HUGE Father's Day sale. Enter "LOVEYOUDADDIO" for a 3 for 2 deal. So good.

Why Angelina Jolie's Op-Ed Matters.

Love this round-up of summer party ideas. And collection of Shutterbean recipes too.

Hating on Motherhood: Is it Hip to be Negative? Great post over on Gigi's blog. What do you think?

A delicious-looking summer salad.

And how about this avocado hummus...yum!

Oh, Bill Cosby

How to style a long pixie-cut. Short haired ladies, where ya at?

Hello, most amazing bathing suit bottom ever.

Have you checked out this month's Emma Magazine yet?

If you have a moment and want to read a short story, check out Missing Women and Others.

Presidents: they're just like us. Ha!

Take 20% off EVERYTHING at ASOS (their maternity stuff is awesome!) with code "take20." 

Jennifer, Ellen, and Portia...love this.

If you've been thinking about getting healthier for the summer, check out my friend Megan's new consulting business. She is SO inspiring and will get you on the right track!

And speaking of health, are you "scale or size?" I try to focus more on size.

19 signs you're a homebody

I'm Chronically Ill and Still Believe in Body Acceptance.

And finally, if you finish these links, and want some more, head over to my girl Kaelah's blog...SO many good things in that post.

20 comments:

  1. Bummer! The blog that wrote the post about tattoos is now listed private and the post in unreadable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to my salad! Let me know how you like it if you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In scale vs. size, I think any kind of numerical reference is useless and can be incredibly detrimental. It would be more progressive to teach people to monitor their health through how they feel rather than an arbitrary number. The people who dictate what is "normal" and "healthy" don't know me and can't know how I feel. I know I feel good, I know my muscles weigh more than any fat I've ever had, and I look DAMN good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about those carmel. Guess I need to try them :) Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet marriage interview, love ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am proud to be a homebody! in my early 20s i did enough partying and going out for the rest of my life. :) i am perfectly content just chilling at home now.

    also size vs. scale....i dealt with an eating disorder also during my early 20s. i would weigh myself and the number on the scale would definitely determine whether or not i would have a good day. i don't weigh anymore. as long as my clothes fit correctly, i am fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ηey! Quick quеѕtіon that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I'm tгying to finԁ а
    themе oг plugin that might be аble to
    fiх this problem. If you haѵe any suggeѕtiоns, plеase shаre.

    Wіth thаnks!

    Also νisіt mу wеb-site - porte serviette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love love love Ellen and Portia!!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bathing suit bottoms AND the bow ties! (insert flying money emoji here)
    Have a great holiday weekend,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little off topic but thanks for your awesome book recommendations!!!! I always read them and always love them!!!!
    Love your link lists, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's up mates, how is the whole thing, and what you desire to say regarding this piece of writing, in my view its in fact amazing designed for me.

    my blog post - cellulite treatment reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. I responded to the post about tattoos when I stumbled upon it last week. I was very near irate. How funny that he's since made his blog private...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh great links! I'm gonna have to try the avocado hummus. I'm so glad I just found your blog! :)
    have a fantastic day,
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first link, that guy is insane. Did you click around the rest of his site at all? He's an absolutely misogynistic super-religious weirdo. Don't even give him a second thought. Also he's only like 22 years old, which makes me sad. Shouldn't he be out experimenting and trying new things, rather than condemning anything different from himself? Poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, the birthday shirt you linked to is mine, so I just wanted to say thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nіce blog right here! Also your sіtе loads up
    faѕt! What web host are you thе usе оf?
    Cаn I get your assοciate hуperlіnκ for your hoѕt?
    I deѕіre mу site loadеd up аs fаѕt
    as уouгѕ lοl

    Alѕo visit mу ρagе;
    hcg diet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mean? Mean how? Have you see their mobile site?

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: superman stamina free full download

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not understanding anything
    fully, except this article presents fastidious understanding even.



    Also visit my web page ... slc-wireless.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips