Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekending

This weekend was a quiet one, full of meals at home and little art projects with Henry. I was gone for four days last week, and when I returned home from my trip I swear, Henry had doubled in size. I always feel like that- that when I am away from him for even a night, he seems so different. It makes me sad but also kind of marvel at how quickly he is changing.

Yesterday was Father's Day, and I know that it's a common thing to say "oh, my guy is the BEST Dad," but really...he is. I could write pages on how neat it is to see the person you love come into this whole parenthood thing. When you've been with someone for close to a decade and for almost all of your twenties, it's really strange/cool/wonderful to be able to look back on everything and then quickly snap back to where you are. When we first met, who would have ever guessed we'd be right here, right now?

Some favorite parts of our weekend: the Farmer's Market on Saturday and Henry buying his own cookies with his "own" money, the juiciest nectarines in the world, making the ugliest yet most delicious pancakes ever (you can kind of see them below), doing a whole lot of glorious nothing at Henry's request on Sunday, and feeling like Henry and I really gave Hank a great Father's Day.

I hope you had a great weekend too! 

Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013 Father's Day 2013

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Bright and colorful :)

      Delete
  2. such gorgeous pics. Looks like a great weekend. Im with you on our babies and growth. SLOW down time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay...and I so agree. SLOW DOWN!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic. Sounds like a great Father's Day .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! It was a good one. :)

      Delete
  4. sounds like a great weekend! also what made the pancakes so delicious? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! I will share the recipe sometime in the next couple of weeks! There are just a few ingredients. <3

      Delete
  5. I do love these pics, a good time together for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet photos. Happy Father's Day to your husband. Looks like he had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think he did - it was a great weekend :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful day! So happy to see you had a great Father's Day! And look how big Henry is! Incredible.

    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO BIG! Lately he seems bigger than ever. I can only imagine how big he will seem once C. gets here! :)

      Delete
  8. looks and sounds like a wonderful father's day weekend.
    henry's shorts are awesome. wish they came in adult size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girly! His shorts are from H&M...you never know, they may have an adult size too! :)

      Delete
  9. So sweet :) I love the pic of Henry asleep with his Dad. We celebrated even thought our baby isn't here with us yet. I'm so excited to see my husband + son interacting when he's born.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, those are ugly pancakes;)

    xo, Joanne
    fabulouslyaverage.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw his little outfit!! Your little family makes my heart warm :)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seattle?! So jealous. You should've blogged about your Seattle trip! I've always wanted to visit Seattle.. it'd like my dream American city!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips