Monday, July 15, 2013

3 Things that made me smile this weekend...

1. Orange is the New Black

Upon a friend's recommendation we started Orange is the New Black, a new Netflix series, and I'm so glad we did. It's getting a ton of buzz around the internet, and for good reason- it's fabulous. It's also Patton Oswalt approved, so that should tell you something. In a nutshell it's about a woman being sent to prison for a crime she committed years back when she lived a totally different life. It's fascinating, funny, and incredibly addicting. I've been binge-watching it every chance I get, and I highly, highly recommend it. And on a related note, if you're into reading the book first, be sure to check out the memoir! I just ordered it myself.

Untitled


2. My "Baby Sprinkle"

This past week I had a mini version of a baby shower (just a sprinkle) and it was the perfect end to a sad couple of weeks. Being around my closest friends and family was medicine for my soul and I left Veronica's house that afternoon feeling so happy, and so, so grateful. I'll have a whole post dedicated to it later this week but it was definitely the high point of my weekend, and I'm still smiling.

Untitled

3. This baby

I am so in love with my niece Lucy. She is seriously THE happiest baby I have ever met in my life- so smiley and so sweet- and she never fails to brighten up any room she's in. I really believe she is going to be one of those very special people who has a gift for making others happy, and I feel very lucky that I get to be her Aunt. This weekend she came up for a visit and it was so fun holding her and making her smile that big, gummy smile. I mean seriously. Look at that face! I love her.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too- what made you smile?

xoxo

29 comments:

  1. So glad you had some happy moments this weekend. We're going to start watching that show tonight. I'm hoping to get hooked, since all I watch is Wheel of Fortune and the news ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay please keep me posted! I'm on a recommending roll with this show, all four people I've forced to watch it have loved it! ;) haha! So let me know!

      xo

      Delete
  2. Too funny you posted about Orange is the New Black- I just heard an interview on EW Sirius XM radio 105 last week-with Jason Biggs all about this- so I borrowed the book on Kindle from library! :) so far, it's really great, so I'll be watching the show after I read (no time, lately, to watch anything.....)

    and this weekend, my girls made me smile, during the parade we marched in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost want to stop my binge-watching and read the book before I finish the series! I'm glad to know you liked it.

      I'm also so happy you guys had a great weekend! :) I hope your week is awesome too.

      <3

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, your niece! She's so big already! Time flies.

    The biggest thing that made me smile this weekend was seeing my grandma's hair growing back. She's been battling ovarian cancer, so this means everything.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina that makes me so happy! :) Yay for your Grandma! <3

      Delete
  4. Just started watching this series last night with the boyfriend and we are addicted too! It took all my willpower to not keep watching today while he was at work. Glad to hear you're having happier days; it's only up from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hank and I agreed to watch it separately because I couldn't take not watching during Henry's nap! I'm a bad wife ;)

      Delete
  5. My Husband and I started watching this show this weekend too. It's so funny. Such a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! And I'm so glad you like it too. Great minds! ;)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely 'Baby Sprinkle'! Beautiful ladies.
    I really loved this post and that sweet baby!!
    Not long now Danielle! So excited for you, hope all goes well.

    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jade! You're always so sweet and make my day with your kind comments. Lots of love! :D

      Delete
  7. I've heard wonderful things about Orange is the New Black and I dont use Netflix half as much as I should so I think I'll give this a go :) Glad you're feeling happier!
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh you HAVE to give it a go! You'll love it. Be sure to let me know what you think!

      Delete
  8. too bad we don't have netflix over here. that show sound like one i'd enjoy watching too.

    lucy is adorable. big gummy smiles sure are the best.

    things that made me smile this weekend: a call from a friend i haven't been talking to in way too long, being greeted by a cute puppy at a friends house, seeing my name in your weekend list post, reading a book i love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Where exactly do you live? I feel like I need to upload it to Vimeo or something so you can watch it! haha.

      Your happy list made ME happy too. Here's to another week full of goodness!

      Delete
  9. I just started that show too, and I love it! Weeds is one of my favorites so I figured there was no way it could be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Weeds. I've totally fallen behind on it though and need to catch up. It's really such a great show.

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to starting orange is the new black. the commercials i've been seeing look so good. plus, i loved weeds so i'm sure i'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bri! And let me know once you start it! :D

      Delete
  11. Definitely binge watched that this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think the only way to watch is to binge watch it ;)

      Delete
  12. I found out I'm having a baby boy! Makes me smile every time I think about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! That is so exciting! I may be biased but baby boys are the best. Congrats, mama! xoxo

      Delete
  13. I keep hearing about Orange Is The New Black! We're definitely starting to watch that STAT. Especially because it's "Patton Oswalt approved"! ;)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That man knows what's up. I know you will love it too!

      Delete
  14. I'm hooked on Orange is the New Black too! I didn't realize that it's based on a memoir. Now I have to check it out. Also, I love the idea of a "sprinkle" for second babies! A shower is too much, but there should definitely be some celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay so I am about 1/3 of the way done with the memoir now and really enjoying it. There are some differences, but also a lot more background which I'm enjoying. I def. recommend it!

      <3

      Delete
  15. Your baby is so adorable!
    uniquelygirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips