Monday, July 29, 2013

Full Term.

Untitled

This baby is full term, and it's very surreal to know that if he doesn't decide to come early, in a little less than three weeks he'll be here. It's been an odd sensation, knowing so much more this time around; and not even as far as birthdate and exactly what time we'll have this baby, but being more comfortable with the idea of pregnancy. It's been said here numerous times, and basically on every blog ever written on second pregnancies- it's just a lot different doing it this time around. And it's not like I didn't savor that first time (hello, if you didn't know, my pregnancy was the most important thing going on in the world at the time), but this time it's more relaxed, with more room to just enjoy, and be at peace with all of it.

So here we are, at 37 weeks. My c-section date is looming closer and closer, and it's really odd not to have those same worries and wonders. Instead, I'll be going in at 6:45am on August 16th, and into the OR at 8:45am. You can set your watch, people! Just kidding. But talk about a change. With Henry I was days late, trying to walk him out, bounce him out, get him out before my doctor began the dreaded induction talk with me. A whole new world this time around.

Charlie is a whole different baby in utero too. He is so high, and has firmly wedged himself up into my right-side ribs, and has been there for a couple of months. It's uncomfortable to sit up in certain positions, which I didn't experience with Henry too much, as he was pretty low to begin with. Another difference is that for the past couple of weeks I've been feeling sick to my stomach, and have had major sensitivities to certain foods. At first I thought it was food poisoning, then when it didn't go away I thought it was a stomach bug, but now I'm pretty sure it's been my body's way of cleaning itself out before labor, which my nurse friend filled me in on. I've been fine the past few days though, so cross your fingers I don't go into labor now that it's out of my system!

A few random things:

The nursery is about 75% complete.  I never did a nursery tour with Henry, but I think it will be fun this time around and I'm excited to share Charlie's corner of our home.

A few of you have asked if I'll be sharing a birth story this time around, and that is a no. I just feel like that has a place in the baby book, rather than on this blog. A few years ago I was eager to share every bit here with Henry's story, but I don't feel that way anymore. I think some things are meant just for us, and like the "Dear Henry" letters I used to share here, I do write Charlie every week, but this time they're kept just for him.

I'm still working out regularly, although it's definitely become more challenging the past few weeks. Last night we went on an hour+ long walk in our hilly neighborhood. This morning I woke up as usual to go to the gym, but my body definitely let me know that that would not be happening, and instead I got an extra hour of sleep. That's been my biggest thing with working out while pregnant- just always listening to my body.

I've been thinking about my favorite foods this time around, and although I didn't really experience cravings, the same things have sounded good the entire time: grapes, nectarines, apples, salt & vinegar baked chips, and cheese! Lots of cheese.

Still haven't taken too many photos during this pregnancy, and still don't have any desire too. Hats off to anyone who is able to do weekly or monthly belly photos, or heck, even every other month. The best I've done is those silly, in-the-mirror/reminiscent-of-Myspace photos, but that's about it. To be honest I pretty much wear the same thing every day, just different versions of it, and if it were socially acceptable I would wear this pair of yoga/pajama pants I have on right now out of the house and everywhere I went. Maybe that would be a great maternity style post- Look How I've Styled this Awesome Pair of PJ Pants for 9 Months Straight! After this my blogger card should be revoked. ;)

And finally, I've been thinking so, so much about what it will feel like to have my heart double in size, so soon. I can't even imagine loving someone else as much as I love Henry, but I know I will, and I can't even begin to explain the excitement I feel over this.

And that's about it. This is me at 37-weeks, full term and ready to meet Charlie. 2 weeks, 4 days to go. Excited, nervous, happy that this bit of the journey ends and the real fun is about to begin. Here we go...

xoxo


42 comments:

  1. I know you're extremely excited, he's almost here! I honestly can't wait to experience pregnancy

    xoxo

    www.jaellexo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darianne! Yes, it's SO soon! Unreal/surreal/trying to find some new synonyms over here. haha.

      Lots of love <3

      Delete
  2. So excited for you to add Charlie to the family! I was actually going to ask you, as far as yoga pants go in pregnancy, what do you recommend? A maternity pair or just a bigger size in regular ones?

    Thanks!
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey C!

      I haven't gotten too much by way of maternity clothing, and especially when it comes to yoga pants/pj stuff. I just get one size bigger or wear them a little lower. The pair I have been loving comes from Target and I just got a size L so they're nice and comfy. :)

      xo

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I hope the last few weeks are great for you. There are a couple other bloggers who are giving birth within the next month and I'm all super excited over here waiting for baby posts lol.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I am so the same way! SO many of my online friends are pregnant too and it's made it so much more exciting. Thank you for being excited for me too :)

      Delete
  4. So exciting Dani! Can't wait to see little Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for your family! I definitely respect you for keeping some things private and personal; it'll be nice to look back on it, just you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven! I totally agree. And also thank you for always being so sweet and leaving such nice comments! <3

      Delete
  6. I was just reading through the (lively!) discussion about your second c-section in the "AUGUST 16, 2013." post and had a personal question that you totally don't have to answer, but here goes: if you do go into spontaneous labor before your induction date, is there a chance you'll opt for a vaginal delivery, or will you go straight to the planned c-section option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Great question. Just based on my history and what my doctor's recommendations are, I would most likely go straight to a planned c-section. Our town also doesn't have an anesthesiologist at the birthing center 24/7 so they don't even offer VBACs so I'd have to go down to Phoenix to even attempt one. Crazy, right? That's small town life for ya.

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Wow, in my little world, everyone had access to a VBAC all day long, la de da. It's good to remember that there are still many, many areas in the country where that is not a very feasible option...unless they happen in the car on the way to the hospital or something :)

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet post. I bet Henry is getting excited as well. He'll be the best big brother. He'll have someone to share those delicious looking donuts with, ha! Best of luck, get your rest, and I to am anxious for the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer. I think Henry is definitely excited about a donut eating buddy too! ;)

      Delete
  8. I am so excited for you!
    I love that you're keeping some things personal for you and your family.. sometimes you need to.
    Charlie is going to be so loved and I know Henry will be such a great big brother :)
    So, my daughter is only 8 months old, but we are thinking about trying for the next one next summer. My pregnancy was rough in the end.. I was overweight to begin with so I am hoping to get in shape and stay in shape for the next one. I had a pretty easy labor and a quick delivery, but the recovery from my vaginal delivery was very hard. I was on the couch for 6 weeks. I am considering a c-section for the next one so thank you for being open about what you're doing. I feel like people put so much pressure on mothers to do a natural birth and to breastfeed (which I couldn't and still feel like a failure).
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts these next few weeks.. rest up mama <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Alison! I agree that people can be so hard on others, when they make choices other than what THEY would do. It's nice to feel support, especially from sweet friends like you!

      On/off topic but you shouldn't feel like a failure because you couldn't breastfeed! We all do the best we can, and no one should ever make you feel bad about it.

      Lots of love! <3

      Delete
  9. Wohoo!!! I can't wait to hear the good news when your little guy arrives. Good for you for only sharing what you feel like sharing! You're an inspiration.
    XX. els

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, you´ll soon hold your baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy! Can't wait for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As excited as I am for you and your husband to meet your little one, I can't wait for Henry to experience being a big brother! In the photos you share, he seems overly excited about everything. He's going to LOVE having a little one to look after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! He is SO excited, and I am most looking forward to that too. :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  13. "Look How I've Styled this Awesome Pair of PJ Pants for 9 Months Straight"

    Totally laughed out loud at that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm so glad. Now wouldn't that be a great style series...

      Delete
  14. so exciting that he is going to be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wore the same yoga pants for my whole pregnancy. They were "nice" to me, meaning they didn't make me feel claustrophobic in my already crowded body. I wore them so much my husband referred to them as my "woobie pants." And they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that. I was talking to Hank the other day about how funny it is that the second I get home any "regular" clothes I have on come off and these comfy black pants come on.

      Delete
  16. This is so exciting! My baby is 4 months his big sister just turned 2. I was reading in a previous post that you were nervous about managing two kids for things like grocery shopping and I hear you! After having done it for the past couple months I have my little tricks but it is a challenge. My biggest one has been breastfeeding. My son needs to be in a quiet place, no distractions, lying down and me looking at him (he won't even let me play on my iPhone haha!!) while nursing. This has been a challenge I've overcome by nursing him at specific times that are quiet (nap times, quiet time in the bed etc). I was so happy to have help also. Here in Québec, fathers can take 5 weeks paid paternity leave and it was good to always be two at first. My mom gives a helping hand too. I don't want to be intrusive, but will your husband be taking time off from work? Is that acceptable in your country? Take care!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine!

      Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. :) So interesting to hear about the differences up there, than here in Arizona. I WISH Hank could take off 5 weeks, paid. I would love that so much. He can't take off that much, but will be able to be home with us for awhile, which I am so thankful for. So I'll have him here, and then my Mom and sister will both be staying with us over the course of the first 3 weeks. Feeling so grateful for that!

      And don't worry about being intrusive, you aren't at all and I am happy to answer and discuss!

      <3

      Delete
  17. Aw, I have been gone for so long I've missed your entire pregnancy Danielle. I am so excited for your sweet family. Cant wait to get caught up, I am excited to be back in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very excited for you and your family! I love to follow along with your family life and thoughts.

    The second time around is a special time and so very different. My situation was a bit more reversed with what I shared with my pregnancies. With my first it just wasn't something that was done. I didn't know that people blogged and took pictures every month, etc. Nine years ago was different. Then when I was pregnant when my oldest was 6, I was all "I can take pictures! I can blog! I can talk!" and I did because I wished I had had that for our oldest.

    I also had a planned repeat c-section with my second daughter. While my oldest refused to vacate and had to be evicted, my youngest decided to leave the nest early and sent me into labor the Sunday before my scheduled Tuesday! My dr was on call so we just did the c-section that day without any fuss or worry.

    I am in the same town as you and have to say that my experience at our birthing center was amazing... I have nothing but memories of a wonderful, nurturing and positive experience. Congratulations on this exciting time and thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i can't believe you're full term!!! like ohmygosh. i definitely think the second baby is faster (and slower at certain times) than the first. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it is to love two babies. i still get surprised by the fact that i love riley as much as paisley. not that i don't love him every minute of every day! and henry is going to looove charlie! oh!!! it's going to make your heart burst! i'm using a lot of exclamation points.

    i'm so so excited for you and your family!
    <3 katie

    ps- i get so amazed when people do belly photos at all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. In less than 3 weeks! I can't believe your already full term :-)
    I think keeping the birth story to yourself is very sweet. Since we all have so much of our public life online its nice to keep some things private so that we can share with our family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so exciting! I can't wait to seepicsof Charlie and Charlie and Henry together.i hope you do share all the tips and tricks you do learn along the way of having 2 little ones, I have the same thoughts for when I have my second! I also will have a planned c section and I'd love if you'd consider sharing any changes you requested at your hospital from your last unexpected C section. I also had to have a c section last minute with my son and looking back I'd insist if I can on having skin to skin right away,like literally in the OR and having him in recovery with me....my first born it was almost 2 hours he was gone between the birth and back in the room and I remember hating that!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips