Friday, August 2, 2013

Weekend Links


So last month Staples sent me a laptop. And although I'm an Apple girl through and through, I recently had put away my Macbook in favor of a desktop computer for my new workspace. So when Staples contacted me about setting me up with a little something, I was really excited; I missed the ease of using a laptop, especially for watching movies and shows in bed! To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect because like I said, we really only use Apple at home, but I was so pleasantly surprised by one, how LIGHT the Toshiba laptop was, and two, how easy it was to set up and use. I'm a pretty hard sell when it comes to computers because I'm so set in my ways, but I really, really like this one, and have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's really fast, doesn't get insanely hot on my lap, and best of all, portable, which is something I was missing. If you're in the market for a laptop, be sure to check out Staples' selection!

Iviebaby on Etsy is hands down the best one stop shop for nurseries.  So excited to be working with them this month.

Just watched this short documentary on the singer of a band I used to listen to a lot, and really enjoyed it. I especially love what he said in the last 5 minutes or so, about positive contributions. 

How to tell if a toy is for a girl or a boy.

I am DYING to try these! I wonder if they're as good as they look...

Have you seen 'The To-Do List' yet?

Move over Dippin' Dots: 5 Futuristic Ice Creams.

Ellen DeGeneres, hosting the Oscars! Yay!

Do you have an Apple Cider Vinegar regime? I'll be starting one soon- excited to see what all the hype is about!

A fun toddler activity I'm excited to try.

The makers of Hello Apparel have a new lines called Jamz- check it out.

Can't wait to see this.

I always enjoy reading Jen's honest weekly feature about her parenting ups and downs.

Love these images, love those bowties.

10 Feelings to Feel Before You Die. How are you doing on this list?

Wishlist: for Charlie, for Henry, for Hank, for me.

And speaking of wishlist, I really want to try this on Henry's hair!

Say goodbye to Phoenix (and the American West). Say what?

6 Unconventional, but Scientific Ways to be the Happiest Person on Earth.

Coffee pancakes. Hank would love these!

And speaking of coffee (and Hank), have you tried Tonx yet?

Baked pumpkin spice donut holes. Yum!

I love the original Carrie...and this remake looks insane. Thoughts?

A blog I've been enjoying lately: In Honor of Design.

And finally, if you've reached the end of my links and want more, go check out Nicole's great round up.

Happy weekend!


18 comments:

  1. I'm usually not a fan of remakes but I will definitely be seeing the new Carrie. I think it would be hard to improve on the original but I just love Chloe Grace Moretz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I think she will do a great job and it will be really interesting to see it updated. Can't wait. :)

      Delete
  2. i cannot wait to see the carrie remake. i remember renting the original on vhs when i was 7. you know, before you had to have an id to rent a rated r movie. my friend and i rented it without her mother knowing what movie we got. i don't even remember what we told her we rented, but it was something kid friendly. i was enthralled and terrified, all at once. i am really excited to see julianne moore play mrs. white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I got it on accident and was like WHAT IS THIS?! But then started to get into that whole genre. The remake actually looks pretty great. I like both Julianne and the main gal so it should be good.

      xo

      Delete
  3. Lol I love the how to tell if a toy is for a boy or girl image! Still loving Iviebaby as well!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I saw that and had to share it! So true.

      Delete
  4. Talking about pumpkin spice donuts and coffee make me wishing for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooo! I so have Fall on the brain!

      Delete
  5. In Denver, the subject of the (certain?) death of the American West is always up for discussion. Water, especially, is a really terrifying issue -- one that we deal with each summer as we pay exorbitant prices for what should be the most basic commodity. And of course I don't have to tell you about fire season. Devastating. Thankfully, we've been on the receiving end of a bit of moisture, lately -- here's hoping that continues through fall, and especially winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad but I hadn't thought too much about it until I came across that article. Since finding it I've looked up some more info and it's so scary! We take it for granted...and it's crazy to think how we all think it will always be there. Hoping for MORE RAIN!

      Delete
  6. Your link for pumpkin spice donut holes makes me so excited for the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) Counting down the days!

      Delete
  7. Now I want to see Carrie !! Looks freaky but still not as scary as the old one.. And by old I mean 14 years before I was born lol I need to watch the old one then the new one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh you SO need to watch the old one! It's amazing. Have you seen Rosemary's Baby?

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad to have found your blog via E's blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Karli! Glad to have you here! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad I ran in to your blog, it's great!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips