Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Charlie, One Month Old


One month. Yes, it's true. I mean really, look how different he already looks from four short weeks ago! We were on a family walk the other night and Hank and I decided that this past month was officially the fastest month of our lives. I seriously feel like I just got home from the hospital with our new little bundle of joy, and here he is already so different and so much bigger. I feel equal parts excited about what's coming up next, and sad that as always, time is going by way too quickly.

This first month has been so wonderful. Totally trying and overwhelming at times too, of course, but more than anything it's been the best adventure in the world. Two kiddos is such a new thing, and although some days are so hard, it's all worth it and at the end of any day, good or bad. Charlie is a very calm, sweet baby and has totally surprised us with his laid back personality. He's a good sleeper, as good of a sleeper as a one month old can be, and graces me with little three and four hour chunks of sleep at a time. And oh, how wonderful those little chunks of sleep are! At around 2.5 weeks he was over being swaddled, and now sleeps in a wearable blanket in the co-sleeper right between his Daddy and me, and is as happy as a clam. Charlie loves to eat, of course, and like Henry did he sure loves to nurse. He's a snuggly little love, and is happiest nestled up under my or Hank's chin. And gosh, there are so many things I always want to remember about this time: the way his cries sound like a baby lion (leading us to nickname him Charlie Lion, of course). Those little feet. And hands. The sounds he makes as he wakes up from his naps. Nursing him to sleep at night, just the two of us. Those big blue eyes, the dark hair that is in that adorable bald-on-top newborn phase. His perfectly pouted lips, and even the face he makes just as he's about to cry. It's heart-melting. I never want to forget that newborn smell that's already disappearing, and if I could save one thing in a safe place forever, it would be way he looks at Henry.

Charlie's something special, for sure. From tiny newborn to a baby that gets a little chubbier everyday, I can't wait to see him grow and grow. Happy 1 month Charlie boy, we love you.


Details: Onesie via The Gap
              Pants c/o Tea
              Crib sheet c/o IvieBaby
              White chair via Amazon
              Pillow via The Modern Baby
Fox doll via Blabla Kids

25 comments:

  1. Look at that little monkey! Happy one month on earth, Charlie! This post is so full of love. <3

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is amazingly adorable!!! I am convinced time goes faster with each child you have. My third just turned 4 months last week and I sworn up and down she was only 3 months, husband proved me wrong. haha! I attribute my daughters calm baby demeanor to the sound of craziness while she was in the womb! Now she is numb to it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One month! How?! He is such a cutie (& I love that cloud pillow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so much bigger! I love that pillow & fox, he's got great accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh he is darling! I remember your pregnancy announcement like it was yesterday! It's crazy that he's already a month old <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just the sweetest! I can't believe it's already been a month.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw hes so beautiful Danielle! And growing so fast. Heart melting pictures, really loved this post.

    -Jade
    Gracious Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That went quickly! He is so handsome.
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so adorable! When I read "Charlie One Month Old" I was all WHAT??? NO WAY!!! But I am so glad and happy for you guys, even though we're not friends or anything, I truly appreciate you sharing your life with us, the good, the bad and the ugly, it gives me a little hope every day and puts a smile on my face. Charlie is a very cute and sweet baby, and those eyes! My God! Do you think they will turn brown? I can't remember Henry's even though I've been reading you since forever, it's just recently I've come out of my shell and start commenting hehe

    Have a great day! I love your posts, and many blessing may come your way (and your family's too, of course!)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so adorable! And getting so big so fast!

    shewritesherownstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baby!! What a sweetheart! I took monthly photos of both my children side by side with a stuffed toy for the first year. Makes a cute album :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that month went by fast.
    charlie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG sweet handsome little Charlie. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. he's sooo handsome! cannot believe he is a month old already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your baby! I was wondering if you had any recommendations for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe little Charlie is one month old!! What a handsome little guy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So big, so little!! Very precious. =]

    Do you think he and Henry look alike or not really? I'm always curious about siblings and their parents' looks; genetics are so interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your baby is so adorable!! Congratulations :)

    I follow your blog with another account, but I decided to comment with this "secret" one. I've started a new blog, about women who live with/date Poker players (I mean men who have actually chosen that as their "career") and how hard that can be for us and our families.

    I was hoping to get to know other girls who are going through similar situations and who were interested in sharing their stories... maybe you (or anyone who reads this) would care to drop by.

    http://wivesofpoker.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh he's just so sweet. My little guy will be five months on Tuesday and I honestly can't believe it. These precious little itty bitty baby photos are making my heart ache at how fast it's going and how big he already is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is the most handsome little dude ever. But he needs to stop growing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwww he is seriously precious, i love these photos a lot. happy 1 month to him. can't believe how fast time goes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Top 7 Expensive Cars, Top Most Popular Cars, Cars and Vehicles with Info and Pictures, Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips