Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Snapshots

How I wish I could freeze time at this very moment, just so I could figure out a way to bottle it up and keep it safe forever. It's such a sweet season of our lives right now- one baby is turning three come Fall, and another baby has just arrived. Our days are full, in every sense of the word- full of so much emotion, full of so many ups and downs, and full of this overarching feeling that this is the good stuff, the stuff I'll miss one day. In my mind I've always thought about parenthood like that; even in the middle of the night when I'm dead tired and can't bear to wake up one more time to feed and rock and change diapers, I know that this is it. I'll only have so long to feed and rock and change diapers, so even when I'm feeling my very worst I couldn't love it more. And when Henry is being difficult, and I'm at the very end of my patience, and I am counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until Hank gets home from work...I know still, that this is it. Charlie's baby smell is already fading, the first rolls on his thighs are beginning to appear, and the newborn days are making way for the baby days. Henry is of course changing so much too- conversating like an adult, getting taller by the week, and growing into a little person with his own thoughts, feelings, and opinions. Time is marching on. So like I do whenever I recognize I'm in the middle of something, a special moment or season of life, this is me stopping for a moment to take it all and jot it all down. Because like I said above, this is it.


38 comments:

  1. Oh how true it is. I even got emotional last night talking with my husband about how I just didn't want this newborn phase to end. Max is growing to fast for me, but then again I am lucky to be experiencing it at all. Your boys are sweeter than words! Hope it goes nice and slow for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so bittersweet? Your Max is beautiful, mama! So grateful for our little dudes.

      Delete
  2. He looks so much like Henry, woooow! And how cute is that picture of Henry holding him in his arm tickling his stomach. Ow. thank you so so much for sharing. Try to enjoy it as much as you can. I can only imagine how fast time is flying by with so much going on in your life!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think? Hank says that but I can only see it from the profile view. Thanks so much Maria! <3

      Delete
  3. They are too sweet! My husband and I are going to be trying for #2 and I couldn't be more excited to relive all of the newborn glory over again! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! How exciting. Sending you some *baby dust*!

      Delete
  4. Your boys are so sweet! I definitely understand what you mean about wanting to slow down time!
    http://liveitinerantly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful babe! your family is so precious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, precious! These are wonderful photos...

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love!!!
    Especially the picture of Henry and Charlie.. The cloud pillow one. You better have that one printed and framed somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! And yes, I have that one printed out already for the baby album!

      xo

      Delete
  8. This is the most precious post in the world and it made me tear up a little bit. You have two absolutely adorable children.

    www.impeccablykaili.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kaili thank you so much! :) You're so sweet.

      Delete
  9. How incredible SWEET! Time is tricky thing. Never enough and it just seems to run away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it's so tricky. And thanks for stopping by lady! Have a great weekend :D

      Delete
  10. So well said. My youngest just turned one a couple of weeks ago and changed from a baby to a little boy right then and there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the same with Henry. One year hit and boom! Big boy. ;(

      Delete
  11. These are truly darling pictures. As much as I don't feel ready for my own children yet, I am so excited to experience these moments, to absorb them all and hold them close to my heart. You are so very lucky to have such a beautiful family ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. So precious. The newborn stage was the worst for me. For that first week, I cried every night, terrified to sleep while the baby was sleeping. He's seven months old now, and I love this age. I do want more kids, but that newborn stage when you're half asleep the whole first month is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a beautiful family! That black and white of Henry and Charlie is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sweet...enjoy every beautiful moment, as I know you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely photos. It's so nice to see your little family grow together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you on the bed with C. It's beautiful. Don't get me wrong, the other pictures are great too, but that one is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely baby... beautifully captured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your words and photography always go so sweetly together.
    I respect your ability to live in the moment and cherish it, I hope that I can be so lucky one day.

    Does this mean no more babies after 2?

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats again on the little one..your photos are so amazingly beautiful. so glad to hear you all are doing wonderful. much love

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This made me cry, and I am not a crier! I have an 8mo baby boy, and a 3.5yo girl. And I am trying so hard to cherish the days, but I am unable to shed the impatience that comes with still being sleep deprived and the sole caretaker of my kids (I am married, but live away from all family members). I wish I could pin this entry, but i'll settle for coming back to read it when I feel like I"m going to snap if I hear one more 'MOOOOOOOOm"

    ReplyDelete
  21. That Charlie is beyond precious. I can't even handle it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips