Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekend Links

Happy weekend! We're currently in the middle of a four day weekend (!!!), as Hank had off yesterday and today. I'm loving it. I'll be back Monday with a rundown of our weekend, but in the meantime you can follow along here and check out the links below!

-------------------

Love Ashley, and love her video blogs. Check it out!


What is ruining our kids?

His and her camo. So cute- I love Mara and her blog.

Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles. As unhealthy as it sounds. And as delicious as they sound, I'm sure.

Touching, Unguarded Portraits of Sleeping Parents-to-Be.

Say hi to: Julie, Samantha, and all of the wonderful contributors over at Lydia Mag.

How Desirable Is Unavailable? A 'Bachelorette's' Human Experiment.

How Not To Write Something

So the other day on Twitter, this company offered to send us some of their snacks. They did...and we are OBSESSED. Seriously, check them out- best pretzels I've ever had. I'm especially loving the buffalo and the garlic/parmesan flavors.

Happy birthday, Small Fry blog

20 gorgeous 2014 calendars.

I want EVERYTHING from this site for Henry and Charlie. So great.


Happy birthday, Rowan! Her party looks like it was amazing.

All about the new iPhone.

Marry your best friend.

Etsy wishlist: this pillow, this dress, and this print.

My new favorite blog

And finally, if Cher from Clueless had Instagram.  

12 comments:

  1. So many goodies! I loved "If Cher From "Clueless" Had Instagram!" Clueless is one of my most FAVORITE movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also LOVE that movie. I still remember seeing it in the theater. So cool! :)

      Delete
  2. This is probably the most critical piece of information in that kids article: " Raise your expectations on behavior and responsibility. Expect more. You will get more."

    My parents set high expectations for me as an individual. I was expected to achieve in school and always try my best. I was expected to be as honest and genuine as possible. As I grew up, I started to set goals for myself as well and I think the big disconnect between my younger brother and myself is that he didn't have the same high expectations. Maybe because he's the second kid and maybe because he's a boy, but he certainly (at 22) has this attitude of "I can just slide by in life doing the bare minimum." We need to get kids to respect their bodies and their ideals. We need them to understand that they can be better, smarter, more empathetic. I'm going to stop talking about this, because I can go on and on, but I am very big on setting the bar high for people.

    Loooooove that Hairpin piece! Bookmarking forever.

    I'd like to upgrade my iPhone, but I really hate that all of my sync up/aux devices are now screwed because the charger has changed.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you said about high expectations- I am the same way in how I was raised, and in how I will raise Henry. When I taught HS English it was so interesting to see how you can EXPECT more from a kid who maybe didn't always have high expectations put on him or her, and they would almost always rise to the occasion. It taught me a lot about parenting.

      Thanks for the comment! <3

      Delete
  3. I will be baking these cookies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garlic Parmesan! They're the best! Plain with hummus too...YUM! And I married my best friend. Best decision I've ever made. I've never laughed so hard or so often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to you i think your new favorite blog has just become my new favorite blog. 15 min donut holes?! YES, please!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips