Saturday, October 19, 2013

Weekend Links & Charlie's Birth Announcements


Before I get into this week's links I wanted to share Charlie's birth announcements with all of you. Tiny Prints graciously gifted us some to send to our friends and family and they turned out so, so well. I had a hard time choosing just one favorite (I also loved these two), but ultimately I ended up picking this one because I could add a few photos...and STRIPES! I wanted to share them here because one, I was really happy with Tiny Prints' service and the quality of the cards, but also because I feel like they really have a great selection of invites and cards at a great price. I'll be working with them again soon and I'm looking forward to sharing some of their amazing holiday cards in the future- they have a ton. And on a side note, it's positively insane to talk about anything holiday related, even though it's only two months away. Craziness. In the meantime, here are some links to enjoy:

This sweater is perfection. It's on my wishlist for Henry, for sure. And for Charlie, this romper is amazing.

The Insidious Power of Not-Quite-Harassment

More Delia Ephron. <3

Deal alert: check out my pal Sara's Etsy shop, and use code SometimesSweet for 10% off- expires 10/31. 

Vermont in the fall. My favorite.

College Men: Stop Getting Drunk.

Be Kind. And while you're in shopping mode, check out Kindred Oak's Fall/Winter line.

Apple picking never looked so good.

Love this "Rodarte braid" hair tutorial.

A powerful read- Justice for Daisy.

This is one beautiful ring.

I want to try these! Lemon anything is my favorite.

15 great cookbooks for fall.

Hocus Pocus meets Sex and the City. YES.

Wishlist: these boots, this ring, and this book.

"Good and Ready." So super cute.

This post has me aching to take a trip.

One of my favorite blogs, ever. Such beautiful photos and great words.

Overnight pumpkin butter. This looks great.

A must-share: 26 truly thrilling grilled cheese sandwiches.

Going to a festival like this one is on my must-do list.

OBSESSED with this bag and everything in this shop.

Gloria Steinem and Miley Cyrus.

And finally, did you know that Japan has "internet fasting camps" to help screen-addicted kids? Wild.

Happy Weekend! xoxo



6 comments:

  1. Such lovely announcement cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Charlie boy! I really like the color combination on that card!

    There was an episode of Studio 360 (one of my favorite podcasts) that was focused on Japan and Japanese culture. A huge part of it had to do with the Internet. I thought we had it bad in the States, but it's a very serious thing in Japan. I was shocked.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute announcements! I just had my baby shower yesterday and those were my colors! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, those cards are absolutely fantastic! The stripes are to die for.

    Secondly, I want to thank you for posting an article in response to Slate article on alcohol and sexual assault. I work as an advocate at a campus-based sexual assault crisis center and it is great to see my favorite blogger addressing the topic. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No long documentation and paperwork involved in these loans. As the borrower gets approval, is able to apply for this loan amount, when she needs money. When a person is registered with the credit card company, you can apply payday text loans, when money needs. The amount of credit that you can use for your needs and without any restriction of creditors.


    http://www.ukfastloanss.co.uk/
    http://www.80to1000poundloans.co.uk/
    http://www.uknocreditcheckquickloans.co.uk/
    http://www.loansforpeopleonbenefitsu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Magnet Street, we got to bring our vision to life, the photo/color quality is great on the final product & they even threw in 15 extra postcards for free! Such a great idea because we definitely messed up on a few addresses :) custom refrigerator magnets

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips