Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekend Links

Halloween Festival 2012
Flashback Friday: a little shark at the Halloween festival last year.
Henry was also a cheeseburger for the actual day of Halloween...I loved both costumes so much.

Link time!

H&M sent Henry the cuuutest Pirate costume from their new Halloween collection for kids, in partnership with UNICEF. The costume is really great quality for the price, and he's been living in it. The collection is also perfect if you need a quick, last minute costume this weekend (they have them in the stores), or even want to stock up your kids' dress-up chest, and 25% of the proceeds go to the charity.

A good read: I'm Not Going To Tell You You're Beautiful

THIS PIE.

Two of my favorites: Kelli and Pale Violet.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on these. They're expensive, but I think they'll be worth the investment; one lifelong great pair, rather than buying cheaper boots more often. Thoughts?

Yum: mini apple and cinnamon bundt cakes.

Did you know men in love walk slower?

If you're looking for an easy way to plan healthy meals, check out Chef Karolina's monthly meal plans. And use code FIRSTMONTH to receive half off your first month. I've used her plans and love them, so definitely give them a look.

A fun blog to read: say hi to Jenn! Then pop over to Lesley's space- she's one of my favorites and super inspiring.

What the what?! People spend almost $650,000 a day on Candy Crush Saga. Yes, it's true.

Loving this tour of Amy's studio

Faturday: when eating what you want is cheating.

Etsy wishlist (seriously...I want ALL of these things): one, two, and three.

Love this post over on Kaelah's blog.

9 reasons to boycott slutty costumes this Halloween. And yes, she addresses her usage of "slutty," a word I personally don't like using myself. 

I really enjoy Jen's space online- she's so wonderfully real, and I like that her fashion posts include items I would actually wear and do buy.

Wants: for Charlie, for Henry, and for me. And speaking of wants, be sure to use code "sometimessweet" to take 15% your purchase at Love Threads until the end of the month.

Why women have a complicated love affair with wine.

Eating Whole. So excited about Lauren's new blog!

7 literary costumes for Halloween.

Hurricane Sandy, one year later.

Did you see this photo I posted on IG? Don't forget you can take $15 off of those flats with code "checkoutflat" until 10/29.

And finally, THIS is why you should love teenage girls.

Happy weekend! xoxo


20 comments:

  1. Get those boots!! I have the Frye Paige boots and I absolutely love them. I've had them for about 4-5 years and they just keep looking better and better as they get more "worn in". Frye boots are definitely classic and worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously online RIGHT now about to do it! Ahhh! Thank you for the advice.

      Delete
  2. Love you! :) Can't wait to see pics of your boy(s!!!) on halloween this year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too girly! Thanks for all the inspiration! <3

      Delete
  3. The last article... So much truth. I've been student teaching at a middle school and I just love the perspective here. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I saw it and had to share. I'm so happy you enjoyed it too. xo

      Delete
  4. Teenaged girls are the best. My blog is always trying to get teenaged girls (or really girls of all ages) to have some confidence! Anyway love those literary costumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura! I love that you do that one your blog. We need more people like you in the world! <3

      Delete
  5. I totally agree on getting the boots, their classic and timeless and will last you forever, which doesn't only spare your wallet but also the environment :) double yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to these link posts! Teenage girls are so challenging, but they are things of wonder and joy. The article about wine was very interesting. Wine is a big thing in my family and with friends. I spent many a weekend on a friend's couch with bad television, pizza, and tons of wine.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristina! It makes me happy to know you look forward to them. And you and I always seem to relate to the same things too...I love it! :D

      Delete
  7. I say yes to the Frye boots... I want a pair so badly!

    Sincerely, Dani Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...how about we split the price and share the boot?! Size 6.5 anyone? haha. ;)

      Delete
  8. oh friend, you sure to know how to make a girl's day. thank you so much and right back at you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! Have a great week, lady! xoxo

      Delete
  9. I always love your roundup of links. You've inspired me to spread the "link love" every Friday on my blog. :) Also, Henry is the cutest little shark ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that. I'm going to head over and check out your list right now. <3

      Delete
  10. That article on why I'm not going to tell you you're beautiful rocked my world. It is written so beautifully and one of the best things I've read in a really really long time. So thankful you shared it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cara I am so happy you loved it- I really enjoyed it when I came across it and had to share. xo

      Delete

 
Blogging tips