Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Nena & Co. Day Bag: The Best Un-Diaper Bag There Ever Was



One of my favorite parts about writing this blog is having the opportunity to get in touch with some amazing small businesses that I otherwise might not have had the chance to discover. And every time I am just blown away with how amazing and hardworking these entrepreneurs are. Today I am so pleased and excited to introduce you to a wonderful company- Nena & Co., and share what has easily become absolutely my new favorite bag.


Nena & Co. sells a few different sizes and types of bags- all of them handsewn and one of a kind- but my favorite would have to be the Day Bag. It's the perfect size...and the perfect size for a diaper bag! It's so funny- when I was pregnant with Henry I bought myself two "real" diaper bags, and once he came along I realized how impractical they really were, and promptly returned them. The things I need in a diaper bag: a zipper closure, both outer and inner pockets, a cross-body option, and of course it has to be CUTE. Sadly, these things were just not happening all at once with any bag I actually wanted to carry around. And when you're a Mom, your diaper bag is a bag you definitely carry around, all day, everyday.

So that's why I love this one. It has it all, and holds SO much. On any given day I have a million things to lug around, and it all fits. It's also pretty great to know that buy purchasing a Nena & Co. bag you're helping to employ men and women in both the US and Guatemala, and supporting a small, woman founded and owned business. If you'd like to learn more about Nena & Co. and their mission, check out this video on Vimeo, and their "about" page too- very cool stuff.

And as a fun bonus, Nena & Co. is kindly extending a 20% off code to Sometimes Sweet readers with code "SWEET20." It's good through the weekend. Let me know if you get a bag, and which one you get! I know you'll love it.



^^ See? It holds it all: a hat for Charlie for cold days, extra leggings and a onesie, baby blanket, diapers, wipes, books to entertain Henry, snacks to feed mama, and a toy to keep Charlie occupied. And I also usually stuff my wrap and more snacks for Henry in there too. It's the best. ^^



And psst...don't forget that discount code- use SWEET20 for 20% your entire purchase.

xoxo


*post sponsored by Nena & Co., but as always all opinions are my own.

25 comments:

  1. So cute! Since my husband is a SAHD we use his preferred diaper bag, a Herschel backpack, and it's great. But I may have to pick up one of these for myself to use as a purse for work!

    Also - I love your ankle boots. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ankle boots are from Zulily! Here's the link: http://www.zulily.com/invite/dhampton466/p/taupe-jennifer-ankle-boot-63897-5031582.html?tid=social_pin_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_9003eb0641fe618ec0416afd0787f092&pid=5031582

      Delete
  2. and now you only need to share where are these supercute leggings and onesie from:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leggings are from Target and the onesie is from Gap:)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness what a pretty bag! I love how bright and funky the colours are ^_^ Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful bag!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is such a great diaper bag! wesleys is an adidas bag, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been seeing these bag all over blog world and they are stunning! LOVE the one you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I would of knows about it when my baby was a baby, and I needed a diaper bag... but where are your shoes from? Those I can still wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're from Zulily...and only $24.99. <3
      http://www.zulily.com/invite/dhampton466/p/taupe-jennifer-ankle-boot-63897-5031582.html?tid=social_pin_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_9003eb0641fe618ec0416afd0787f092&pid=5031582

      Delete
  8. CAPS FOR SALE. OMG. I loved that book so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is so cute! Wonderful as a stylish diaper bag!

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally took advantage of this! I love the bags! Thank you for the discount! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dani I love your boots! Where are they from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Phoebe! They're from Zulily! <3
      http://www.zulily.com/invite/dhampton466/p/taupe-jennifer-ankle-boot-63897-5031582.html?tid=social_pin_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_9003eb0641fe618ec0416afd0787f092&pid=5031582

      Delete
  12. Dani I love your boots! Where are they from? x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danielle- which bag did you choose from there? I love the print on yours but cannot find it. I need a good commuting bag to pack gym clothes, work folders and lunch and this seems like the perfect solution! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw this bag is so pretty! Definitely a good bag for the mommy on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just for Laugh Lols, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. World Most popular Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have to say we have bought several pieces ft I'm Nena because her items are designed well and colorful! Sadly, none of it has held up!! Red boots: red dye faded of toes after just a couple months, though they weren't worn much. One Day Bag zipper raveled out after 5 weeks (that they offered to replace, but it was very restrictive in a lotted time), 2nd bag...the leather was so stiff and cracked on the straps, and completely wore off the bottom..shoes: the weave unraveled. And finally, the scarves arrived for Christmas stockings smelly and so stiff! If you are wondering why we kept ordering, well there are 4 girls in our family and we all ordered different things, and really like Nena ' s philosophy. If the items weren't so expensive, it wouldn't be a big deal...but they are, and the quality just doesn't match the beautiful photography and stories on their website.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips