Monday, December 23, 2013

Little Bits of Christmas

Growing up Christmas was always such a special, magical time. I have vivid memories of my Dad climbing up into the attic to get the big brown boxes, little pieces of glitter falling down like snow as he climbed down the ladder with our decorations in his arms. There were ornaments and banners, a huge stuffed Rudolph bust for the wall, snowglobes, photos, and garland. My sister and I would always sit for hours looking through all of it, new to us yet again after being put away for the past year.

And in my home I want to bring that same kind of excitement. I love the holiday season, and I love making our house feel warm and cozy, especially during these cold winter months. Nothing's better than seeing Henry's face light up when he looks up at the tree, full of ornaments from different times in our life or the smile he gets when he's shaking up a snowglobe and asking me "how does this WORK, Mommy?!" Have I mentioned how much I love being a parent during Christmas? I mean it's always so much fun, but this time of the year is the MOST fun.

Here are some little bits of Christmas around our home-



Cloud ornaments- Baby Jives
Merry & Bright banner- Steph Loves Ben
Holiday hoops (boys' names and "Silent Night")- Sara December Rose


15 comments:

  1. I love those little clouds, very cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how cute are those clouds. Also love the shoes!

    Your house looks lovely and very inviting. Have a great Christmas and the best new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks amazingly decorated! And I love your silver shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can those lovely shoes be found?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such special touches! Your home looks merry and bright indeed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow your house looks so sweet and delightful! I guess I can smell the Christmas when I step my feet in front of your door house (: happy Christmas Eve!

    JANE FROM THE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the decorations. I am in the process of creating a nursery for my little boy and I love the ABC artwork on the wall with different animals. Where did you purchase it? Thanks!! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhh I love this! you have some darn good decorations, ma'am. I love where I love but I also can't wait to move away and live somewhere that I have a house... and closets... and places to store things like loads of gorgeous seasonal decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so festive!!! I can't wait to do this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just moved so our holiday decorations are pretty sub-par this year but I love seeing how everyone else decorated. I cannot wait till next year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your decorations. hope you had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get the ABC print?? Ive been looking for something like that for my son, Wesley, nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you get the ABC print?? Ive been looking for something like that for my son, Wesley, nursery.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips