Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Charlie, Five Months Old

Charlie, 5 months

How could I have forgotten how much I LOVE 5 months? I feel like I cannot get enough of this little guy, and seeing him look around for me, reach for me, nestle in when I hug him...nothing's better. Charlie is really the sweetest little guy in the world. He's very mild-mannered and go-with-the-flow, which he must get from Hank! haha. But really, he's what people call (and I seriously cringe writing this) an easy baby. Now I am certain our next one will probably be the opposite, so I'm soaking it all in now.

Charlie, 5 months
Charlie, 5 months


Charlie at 5 months:

He can almost sit up on his own.
Loves to make sounds, especially "dadada."
Has started to sleep so much better, with one wake-up around 5am, then he'll go back to sleep until 7:30.
Naps have finally clicked and he's taking two on the DOT; 9am until about 10:30 and 1pm until about 3pm. Bedtime is at 6.
Puts everything in his mouth, but still doesn't do a thumb and isn't interested in a pacifier. He does love his Sophie Giraffe and a particular baby toy in the shape of a football though.
Loves to watch us eat and is so interested in food.
Loves music and "The Wheels on the Bus" will always calm him down when he's upset.
Is a roly-poly little ball and rolls every which way whenever he's on the floor.
He's starting to scoot a little on his back and on his front.
Laughs and smiles all day long.

Charlie, 5 months
Charlie, 5 months
Charlie, 5 months

Our boy is so inquisitive, and could watch his big brother play all day long. No one can make him smile like Henry, and just the sound of his voice from the other side of the house makes him light up. More than anything, I'm looking forward to watching their bond develop over the coming months and years. Charlie laughs at anything and everything, and is so ticklish. He's just such a lovable little goofball that you can't help but be enamored by his big grin and twinkling eyes.

Five months has of course been the best yet, and it's been really fun watching Charlie's personality develop. It's so exciting to think of what's next.

Happy five months, C.

28 comments:

  1. you have such a beautiful baby! I can't wait to have babies of my own and watch them grow up :)

    dianamechelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL DANI! My gosh your posts make me so broody haha! It will be so great to have these posts to look back at in a few years.

    Beth // SANS SOUCI

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good when naps finally settle into a routine. I remember being so grateful they'd last longer than 20 minutes. He's a cutie pie for sure, certainly not helping my broodiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a cutie. You can really see him looking more and more like Henry as each month goes by, and you of course, he definitely looks like you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw he's such a handsome little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh isn't he just the cutest thing?? Every photo I go to I was like 'that's my favourite, no that one, no that one....'

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is the cutest!

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 months really is the best! When their personality starts to come through and you can interact with them so much more- what could be better?

    -Kelcey
    hellokelcey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful baby boy!

    These pictures are absolutely stunning and you seem to capture his personality just perfectly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is such a sweet baby! Such a beautiful gift to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww adorable, and I love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Cute!

    -Danina
    twodozencookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im dying of the cuteness!!! My baby fever is stronger everyday!! This is not helping curb it lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my what a beautiful baby!! Gets me super excited to meet my little one in just 6 days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's such a sweet pea! What / when are you guys doing first foods?

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's so adorable!!! What a precious blessing :) I love that twinkle in his eyes, it's so full of personality! Also noticed that he's turning blonde! Do you think the color will stick?

    Happy 5 months Mr C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 5 months cute patoot! My youngest boy is almost 7 months (tomorrow actually)- how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh!! he just keeps getting more and more handsome! It's hard to believe my little guy was just there a few months ago! He'll be a year old in March! Happy five months, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only just found your website TODAY! And it makes me happy. Our Lucy is 5 months this week, and her and Charlie have so much in common (as I'm sure most 5-month-olds do). I'm loving smiles and giggles and NAPS (FINALLY). She wasn't always this way! Super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Precious baby and darling photography... I can say that with authority since I am the Grammy of 14 grands and the mom of a photographer. Thanks for sharing these sweet pics and for your "what to blog" list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is just too sweet! Love reading about how he is growing and developing and it's so great to hear he is a happy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. 5 months is REALLY fun! It's true! He is SO SO cute!!!!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips