Thursday, January 2, 2014

Charlie, Four Months Old


To me, four months has always been a favorite stage. With Henry I felt like once he hit four months he really started interacting and showing such glimpses into the little boy he'd grow up to be, and it's so fun to look back at photos and videos and see that same twinkle in his eye. In Charlie's case, he's showing the sweet, gentle, and very happy boy his baby self is turning into. He is truly all smiles, and as Henry says, "the sunshine part of our day." In a word, Charlie is easy-going. He goes with the flow, and is rarely upset. This reminds me a lot more of his Dad than myself, so it will be interesting to see if he is more like Hank or me as he grows.



Charlie at 4 months:

officially rolling over, back to stomach and stomach to back
very vocal- lots of high pitched squeals and imitating sounds
laughs and smiles constantly
exclusively breastfeeding
napping 2x per day, around 9am and again around 1pm
goes to sleep at 6pm, and wakes up 1-2 times depending on the night
always has his hands in his mouth but isn't a thumb sucker like Henry and won't take a pacifier
scoots back/forward when on his back



Charlie babe, it's hard to convey the joy you bring us, without feeling like I'm repeating myself everytime I talk about it. The way you light up when you see a familiar face, those dimples and that smile- every bit of you makes my day, everyday. You are the sweetest thing in the world. I think my favorite part of this stage though, is the way you look at Henry. You can just see how much you love him already, and it's amazing to watch your bond develop a little more everyday. Your Dad and I are constantly laughing at your funny sounds and expressive face, and I can't wait to see what next month holds. If this month is any indication, I'm sure it will be amazing.

Happy four months, sweet boy!



striped onesie c/o Goatmilk NYC

21 comments:

  1. Again.. just too cute for his boots.. he is an absolute darling.. (happy new year by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such beautiful photos! I can't believe how quickly he is growing, time is definitely flying by! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely adorable!! And that quote from Henry "the sunshine part of our day" -- I just died a little bit. You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's Adorbs!

    www.vogueampvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute he is. I agree that the 4 month mark is when they get to be much more fun and aren't just laying about or sleeping all the time. I think after that I love when they hit 15 months. They are great at all ages though. Goodness I want a third. . .
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is completely adorable and sounds so sweet. And you take great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has made me somewhat broody, he is such a cutie! And yes I remember the 4 month stage feeling like a big transition period.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just too cute! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you already know this but HOLY CRAP YOUR CHILD IS ADORABLEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Third photo down. What a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so precious!! This month has been our favorite with our 4 month old, too! Their personalities really start showing through at this age!

    ReplyDelete
  12. he is just SO so gorgeous! happy 4 months, henry xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, he is just so adorable! Four months has been one of my favorite stages with my little guy so far...it really does seem like they become more of a "person" at that point. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok he is adorable! Those eyes, I swoon. Do you like that rocker chair? I've been thinking of getting one but want a real mama opinion on using it in a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is so adorable and looks so much like Henry in some of these! I remember how much I loved the 4-6 month stage.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had previously looked at this post on my phone, but went on my desktop to catch up on blogs and holy crap Charlie is so darling. He makes my heart just melt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photos are just gorgeous :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that chub! he is seriously the most precious little baby. he is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cutie! so excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips