Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Seattle: 1st Birthdays and Girlfriends and Twix Caramel Popcorn

Oh, Seattle. I've visited Washington State many times, and I think each trip I love it a little more. There's just so much I enjoy- obviously the people, but I'm really into the scenery, the weather, and yes, even the cloudiness. This time it was just Charlie and me, which made me smile because last trip it was just me, with Charlie in my belly. Full circle in the best way. We stayed with my friend Andy again, and we came this particular weekend so we could help celebrate her son Owen's first birthday. Our other friend Anita flew in from Phoenix as well and it was a reunion of sorts, as we all haven't been together since our last trip. It was so nice to reunite- now if only we all lived closer!

We did a lot in the three days I was there- party prepping, shopping, lots of eating, and I discovered a new item I will NEVER cook in my own kitchen thanks to it rendering my self-control powerless; TWIX CARAMEL POPCORN. Oh my god, people. So what it is is homemade caramel corn drizzled with melted chocolate and then mixed with Twix pieces. Heaven. My quote of the night was "just one more pinch," as I pinched off just one more handful of the good stuff. I ate way too much of it, but it was really great. Thanks a lot, Andy. ;)

The rest of the trip in a nutshell: laughing until I cried at Milo and Lola's antics, lots of girltalking, oohing and ahhing at Andy's sunset views every night, takeout in our pjs, party prepping, more oohing and ahhing over the cutest party ever, meeting up with Mandy and Smith (yay internet to real-life friends!), getting to meet other IG mama friends at the party, staying up way too late, Facetiming with Hank and Henry every night, flying back with Anita and Lola and almost missing our flight due to an accidentally long bagel sandwich break (!!), and basically just feeling like I was able to recharge my "Mama batteries" for a couple of days.

It's also important to note how well Charlie did. He's a mellow little dude so I wasn't too surprised, but I still wasn't sure what to expect. He flew like a champ (minus the immediate need for a diaper change the second we took off from Phoenix...) and slept in his pack-n-play every night with no problem. Naps were a whole different issue but I think I'll just count the successes for now. Ha.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend spent with great friends, both new and old, thanks to the always-hospitable Andy. Writing this now I'm feeling extra thankful, and I am looking forward until we can all be together again!

Some photos:

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That view from her house is amazing!!! Also, I've met Mandy at a couple of blogger events and she is the sweetest! It looks like you and Charlie had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is awesome! It was my first time meeting her and I fell in total friend love. She's a gem. :D

      Delete
  2. That view from her lounge is out of this world, I'd never leave my front door if I lived there! I'm glad you got a chance to recharge your batteries with Charlie, sometimes it is nice to have a break and enjoy your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's hard to even leave I love it so much. I always joke that we're all gonna move in with her...right into her living room! ;)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous looking first birthday party! And I love the photo of the lights from the plane, so pretty. What a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. So jealous you met smith, the cutest baby boy ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he though?! And photos do not do him justice, he is 2189728917289x cuter in real life. Love him! :)

      Delete
  5. You are seriously the trendiest person ever. I'm obsessed with your simple, yet ADORABLE wardrobe. Also, that view is gorgeous. I can honestly say I have quite the tinge of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I feel like such an UNtrendy person but you definitely made me smile! :) Thank you so much, Michele! <3

      Delete
  6. What great photos - you have a fantastic eye! That photo of everyone in the living room with the sunset sky is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah thank you so much! :) I always feel kind of weird just posting iPhone pics so your comment made my night. I hope you're having a good day! <3

      Delete
  7. So cute! PS-I love that nail color :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute party set up! And yeah, that view is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That party is absolutely precious!! And... those views?! Holy cow. I would never leave my living room! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute party. Would you believe that I've lived in Seattle almost my whole life and i just went to Molly Moon's for the first time about 2 months ago? I'm glad you got to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Smith AND Charlie??! That pics wins all the pics! Adorable babies! Baby fevering all over the place over here! Hope you had some happy holidays Danielle and family.

    Aimee Burton (Curzio) :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips