Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

Untitled


1 // This little babe is getting bigger by the day- he's already 5 months (post coming later this week). He's discovered his toes and it's the cutest thing ever to watch him roll around. Although I have to add I'm not quite yet ready for a mobile baby.

2 // After indulging in way too much sugar and sweets over the holiday I've been enjoying getting back to the basics and cutting out most of the crap. Not all of it, because sometimes a girl just needs an ice cream cone- but most of it. It feels good to just eat clean foods and feel good about what I put in my body. Hank, Henry and I enjoyed a few glasses of kale, spinach and apple juice this weekend and loved it.

3 // Bedtime routine- bath, brush teeth, book and bed. I shared on Instagram that we put our kids down early (6pm for Charlie and 7pm for Henry) due to their habit of rising before the sun, and really enjoyed hearing about the different routines and bedtime other families partake in. Some do a much later bedtime, which made me wish ours was a little later too in the hopes that maybe then they'd sleep in past 7am!

4 // One of my favorites parts of every weekend is having Hank home to do all the fun daytime parenting stuff like going into the boys' rooms when they wake up from their naps. Just look at that smile!

5 // Hugo's for lunch on Saturday. I have a fun post coming tomorrow talking more about this but we took Charlie to Hugo's for the first time and he enjoyed it, as much as a person can enjoy going to a Mexican food restaurant and not eating. Although I guess he doesn't yet know what he's missing, right?

6 // DIRT! We had 10 tons of dirt/top soil delivered on Friday morning for our backyard and Henry was in heaven. The huge pile has since been spread over the half of our yard that will have grass planted but he had a ball playing in it while it lasted. Little kid heaven, for sure.

xoxo

24 comments:

  1. I love sweet little updates like this. now I'm craving ice cream AND Mexican food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Well I am happy to go get either with you! hah! I wish! ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come train my baby to fall asleep by 7:30! She wiggles around like a nutcase for 30 minutes to an hour some nights before falling asleep.. no matter how long or short her afternoon nap is. She does sleep in until 7:30am or 8am; so that's nice :)
    xo
    -Ali
    when life gives you mellin's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you come train my babies to SLEEP IN! haha. I feel like you get one or the other...imagine having a little one that went to bed at 7am and slept in until 9am?! Oh, the things I could get done. ;)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same bedtime issue with Lola. She is down at 8 but up BY 6 am!!!! I can't get her to stay up any later. Help someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy? I'm a total early rise (seriously, up at 5am or earlier sometimes!) so I think it's genetic for mine! HELP! ;)

      Delete
  6. I can imagine how precious it is watching your husband with the boys! Also-- "Sometimes a girl just needs an ice cream cone" Amen sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh it kills me. And thank you appreciating that! Ain't it the truth! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Our kids go to bed early and wake early too. We've decided it just works better for our family that way. We are all morning people. :) The baby legs are so adorable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I joke a lot about wanting them to sleep in but I like it this way too. :) Always early to bed, early to rise. My parents were the same way too! <3

      Delete
  8. I put my baby to bed early too! I have sometimes tried laying him down later in hopes that he would sleep in later and he actually wakes up EARLIER every time I do it, so I figure he likes his early bedtime and he has been sleeping in a tad later these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here- I feel like if they're off their regular schedule then it's just a disaster! We are flexible on weekends and whenever we are away from home but when we're here and can be on top of it, it's the best.

      Delete
  9. I put my daughter to bed around 8:30 and she's usually up in the morning around 7:30 or 8. I'm thankful to get a 1/2 hour or so to myself in the morning before the day starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those little blocks of time to myself- something I feel like they're over before I know it, but always grateful for them! :)

      Delete
  10. I also over indulged all of December and am trying to get back into a routine of healthy foods. It's hard to say no to the junk ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, especially when I tell myself "but it's only once a year!" ;)

      Delete
  11. I've always found the later I shift out a bedtime, the less difference it makes. My kids still wake up normal time if not earlier when they go to bed later! I always feel so ripped off!
    And this has been true for all of them, I have a four year old (ok, almost five but I'm struggling with that) a 3 year old and two baby twins around the same age as your littlest man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! On vacation it's always a little rough because obvs bedtimes are pushed later...but H ALWAYS gets up so early!

      Delete
  12. Ah such sweet photos. Love that Charlie has found his toes - but is it really 5 months already? TIme flies! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, you're telling me! I feel like I just had him!
      And thanks, lady. <3

      Delete
  13. Babies, daddy, mexican food, and a big pile of dirt - the making of a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Thank you for stopping by Anne! :)

      Delete

 
Blogging tips