Thursday, February 13, 2014

Family Photos by Amy of Homespun Creative

The other weekend we had the opportunity to take some photos with the talented Amy of Homespun Creative (be sure to check out their Facebook too) and we had the best time. It's pretty awesome to know someone online, then connect with them in the real world in such a meaningful way. I think we could have spent the entire weekend talking and laughing, but since we only had Saturday we had to make it count. Next time, I'm demanding more time! There are just so many things to say about Amy and her photography, but I think the biggest things I took away from our session was how passionate she is about her craft, and how comfortable she made us feel. I'm also a huge fan of Homespun Creative's style and how they take more of a documentary approach to their work and show little slices of peoples' lives. I love that. We had a great time, and are looking forward to shooting with her again. I cannot recommend her enough, and if you're in the PNW area, or really anywhere- book her. You won't regret it. Amy is always traveling, so you can stay updated on Homespun's location via their Facebook page, and see when they're in a city near you! So cool.

And be sure to check out the killer deal they're offering at the bottom of this post. A little birdie also told me that there will be an AMAZING photography giveaway happening next week, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled!


And here are those offers I mentioned up above- and don't forget that Homespun is always available to travel, so if you have something or somewhere in mind, get in contact via the email below! Also check out the full set over at the HC blog.

20% off all wedding packages if you book between now and May 31st, 2014.
(Wedding may take place anytime in 2014 or 2015, anywhere in the world)
- Must "like" Facebook page
- Must follow on Instagram
- Discount does not apply to travel fee (if applicable)
- Please mention Sometimes Sweet when booking to get the discount!

$250 family/couples sessions - 1 hour session, 50 full resolution images (a $100 discount).
- Must "like" Facebook page
- Must follow on Instagram
- Sessions more than 50 miles outside Portland metro area are subject to nominal travel fees
- Please mention Sometimes Sweet when booking to get the discount!


Website: http://homespuncreative.com
Blog: http://homespuncreative.com/blog
Facebook: facebook.com/homespuncreative
Instagram: @thismountaingirl
Email: amy@homespuncreative.com
 

32 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photography! I am sad that she is so far away from the UK! Wonderful pictures. All the photos on her site are just lovely too. I could spend hours looking through her photos.

    Beth // SANS SOUCI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much for the sweet comment. And I know, right? She is AMAZING. Amy actually travels all over the place so you never know - she could show up close by to you! You can follow along on their FB and maybe she will make her way to the UK one day! <3

      Delete
  2. gorgeous pictures, you have such a lovely little family. and your dress, so pretty!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheyenne! Happy almost weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh my! These are wonderful. There is something extra special about having photos made in your home. I can't get over how great these are!!

    Sarah
    sarrrahgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you so much! And I agree- we hadn't ever taken photos in our home before and I am SO glad we did. I'm in love with them. Thank you for your kind words! <3

      Delete
  4. These are so beautiful! I love how simple and homey they are. You have a gorgeous family and home. Also, what color nail polish are you wearing in the photos? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! :) You know, I'm not positive about the nail color since it's a gel color. Next time I go back into the nail salon I will ask. What's your email? I can send you the name when I find out. <3

      Delete
  5. what lovely photos! I love this take on documenting family life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! We are in love with them! :)

      Delete
  6. These pictures are so, so sweet! I love that you had a photoshoot in a library!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! You are always so sweet- I so appreciate it. And isn't that place the cutest?! It's actually a small bookstore downtown. :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photos Danielle! Could I ask how much did you pay for this session? Just wondering what the prices are for a shoot like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lottie! :) If you email me her she can fill you in on all the pricing! But also be sure to mention you saw this post if you're thinking of booking so you can get the sale price. <3

      Delete
    2. Hi Lottie! My normal rates for a family session are $350 for an hour plus the USB drive of full resolution images, but I'm offering Danielle's readers the same package for $250 :) Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
    3. "me her she" gah, typos! haha. Sorry Lottie! Thank you Amy for answering! xo

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Chandler! Happy almost-Friday! ;)

      Delete
  9. These turned out so beautifully! I'm bookmarking their site now. I'm in the very early stages of wedding planning and we've been talking a lot about photographers. We won a photo session with an amazing dude (we may use the shots for engagement stuff/save the dates), but there's no way we'd be able to afford him. The fact that there's a New York photographer "on staff" is super exciting.

    Thank you!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing! I love the documentary style, it brings back so many more memories than posed photos.

    -Kelcey
    http://hellokelcey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love love love these. I love the ones of your whole family, but especially love the ones of just you and Hank. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! I love your dress and love love love the idea of having the photos taken in a library/book store so much. In fact, I'll have to do it some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so great! what nail polish are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your son has a world map in his room...what a sweet idea. Remembering this for when I have kids someday :) And I love the pictures in the bookstore, what an adorable idea! You have a lovely family :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of these! You have the cutest family! And I love that dress!

    x Sara from andalittlechaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her style! You have a beautiful family. Wish I lived near Portland, I would love to use her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! So very special, great idea having a home shoot. Such a beautiful family!

    Xo Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love these! especially the bookstore ones. my favorite though is the one of you and henry in the trees. so great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow such beautiful photographs...such a gorgeous family!
    Katie x
    http://www.missenchanting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
    Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
    Join Now
    http://www.hotfxearnings.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips