Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Untitled

1 // Around 5pm Henry will start peeking out the window, waiting for Hank to get home from work. As soon as he sees his car you can hear the loudest "Daddy's hoooooome!" from any room in the house! It's really the best time of the day. And even though Hank has worked all day long and is tired, he gets right down there on the floor and is Super Dad until bedtime. This was Hank and Henry on Friday- building for hours!

2 // You win some, you lose some. I made the Coconut Loaf from the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook tonight (this month's cookbook pick) and although it baked well, it was not my cup of tea. Very bland while being very sweet, if that's even possible. Oh well! Tomorrow I plan on making her soba bowl with tea-poached salmon which sounds delicious.
 
3 // The boys are just starting to play together now that Charlie is reaching and grabbing for things, and Henry is ecstatic. I keep telling him it's only going to get better as he gets bigger and bigger but it's pretty cute how he thinks this is already so much fun.

4 // Our friends David and Jeannie got married on Saturday and had a super low-key, super beautiful reception at their home. Afterward Hank and I couldn't stop talking about what a great day it was- I really think that they did it right- good friends, good food, in a comfortable location. We had the best time.

5 // I've been running a lot lately, and I talked a bit on my second IG account about pushing yourself to get out of the door, even when it's hard (like it was for me on Friday!). As hard as it is sometimes I try to remind myself that I never regret when I do...but I always regret when I don't.

6 // Charlie babe. He attended the wedding with us on Saturday (his first!) and looked so cute while doing so, in these fabulous red moccasins. He's getting so big and I can't believe he'll be 6 months old next week.

I hope you had a great weekend too! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! And Charlie's moccasins are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) I hope you had a great weekend too! <3

      Delete
  2. Your plate in the second photo! That is *GORGEOUS!*
    Do you mind telling me where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And not at all- it's from Anthropologie! :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a good one! Those boys are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend too. <3

      Delete
  4. Weekends are the BEST!
    Glad you guys had a good one!
    http://lovelydoesit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I hope you had a good weekend too! :)

      Delete
  5. Your boys are always so handsome! Little Charlie at that wedding? Oh man <3 I love these types of posts - I've been saying "I miss blogging" on loop these days, but a sweet and simple rundown is exactly what I enjoy reading and writing & I think it's time to set aside 45 minutes I'd spend doofing around on my phone to getting back at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Caroline thank you for such a sweet comment! :) And you should- I have been feeling kind of out of it too, blog-wise, and this post got me back in the groove. Good luck! <3

      Delete
  6. Your family is just so precious!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love a low key wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chandler! I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! :)

      Delete
  7. Do you have any good app recommendations on managing more than 1 instagram account from your iphone? Currently I log out/log back in but there has to be a better way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patrice! Gosh, I wish. I find that to be annoying too. I wish there was a better way...if you find one, let me know!

      <3

      Delete
  8. Your friends look cool and casual for their wedding. Just how my husband and I were! We had a very small City Hall wedding and reception in my parents' backyard the next day. I wouldn't have had it any other way! Congrats to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! And I agree, small is best. I wish we would have done that!

      Delete
  9. I honestly cannot get enough of your sweet little cherub! He is just the most beautiful baby boy! Love seeing pictures of him! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia thank you! You are too sweet. Have a wonderful week! :D

      Delete

 
Blogging tips