Monday, March 31, 2014

Journal Day Prompt #7

Here's this week's prompt- 

Do you use social media in your daily life? Do you think it adds to your relationships with others, or takes away from them? And furthermore, do you think social media adds more positive or negative to your life? Write about your relationship with social media, and talk a bit about how you got started, and what role it plays in your world.

I'll be back Thursday with my response, and that's when I'll ask you guys to share a bit from your writing in the comments, as well as a link to your post.

Read more about my Journal Day project here.
Read previous Journal Days here.


  1. Hi there,
    I'm a relatively new follower, but I love this idea of writing and sharing based on these journal prompts. I've been reading them and wanting to participate and haven't gotten to it yet, but this is one i think about A LOT. Is there anything special i need to do to join the fun? Or do I just comment and link on Thursday? Thanks for putting this together!

  2. Looking forward to giving this one a go! Thanks for the prompt.

    Alessia |

  3. I really enjoyed doing this prompt! I like to post mine on Tuesdays ( :

    "I've always been a very introverted person. In the past few years it appears that I've become less so, but I still get social anxiety and much rather spend time alone than go out into the world with people. Social media has helped me to express emotions and thoughts to my friends that I don't think I would have otherwise been able to in person. It's benefited my interpersonal relationships because I'm able to use social media as a tool to convey things I wouldn't feel comfortable saying in person. I'm a fairly emotional person, but there was just something about saying "I love you and value our friendship" to a very close friend that seemed impossible."

  4. Bienvenue chez Entreprise Peinture Déco, Plus de 20 ans
    Devis Travaux Rénovation Ravalement de façade-immeuble ...
    Entreprise Peinture Déco à Évry-Essonne 91-ile de France-Artisan-façades,

  5. This is a great prompt! I can't wait to write my journal entry! :)

  6. It actually helps me stay in touch with some loved friends (and family). And helped me get closer to some clients. Oh, and Twitter absolutely is great to help me keep in touch and keep up with closer creatives and bloggers. All-in-all, I like. BUT, I do think it keeps us from going out there and interacting with people, as we get too comfortable keeping in touch only through Social Media.

  7. My favorite prompt yet. Didn't even have to think about what I was writing.


  8. Danielle, are you inside my mind? I have been thinking about this so much lately. I think I would really benefit from writing down some of my thoughts on this subject.

  9. I too think that it connect to our family and friends. But the problem is that calling them is different and texting through any social networking sites is entirely different. You can't express your emotions through this. And somewhere it has been created a long gap.


Blogging tips