Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Team

 photo by Homespun Creative

It's been 7 months since I had Charlie, which means I've been a Mom of two for 7 months, the queen of this castle of three guys for 7 months, figuring out this new stage of our life for 7 months. It's a change, to go from three to four overnight. It happens fast, you know, this whole life thing. And before I knew it I was right here at this half past a year mark not even realizing it. Even though I kept telling myself things like "memorize every baby wrinkle on that baby's back!" and "tuck away those coos and the gurgles and the squeals the best you can!" somehow Charlie's baby-ness is slipping away quickly and he's on the verge of sitting and crawling and being more of a mover and shaker than a tiny little thing just tucked up in my arms. So I've come to the conclusion that no matter what you do, it will always feel the same. With Henry I took photo after photo trying to document every moment. With Charlie I relaxed more and tried to take it in more, but it's all the same standing here, looking back.

But this team we've assembled, oh, it's a good one. The Mom and the Dad and the big brother and the little brother. We're solid. We've got this. We wake up in the morning and the sun is shining through our windows and we hand off sandwiches and button up shirts and it's all hey! I love you! Have a great day! Smiles and hugs and See You Laters. In my wildest daydreams I couldn't have conjured up this reality. A bouncing baby in his highchair, a bed-headed three year old with peanut butter smeared across his cheeks, and that bearded love of mine laughing as he almost trips over that dang semi-truck toy, again, on his way out the door.

So you have to take a moment to just look around and feel it. We're in our bubble just bouncing along, this team of four, and I feel like this love is the reason for everything. The bad days, the good days, the really really terrible days, here we are bouncing along and I have faith that even when we're down, we're coming up again.

The point of this whole thing being, I like this. I love this! It's a whole bunch of thankfulness and I don't deserve this and happiness all rolled into one, and as my littlest baby sleeps and another one is off at school I just want to stop right here and exhale all this goodness onto the page to keep forever.


18 comments:

  1. In July our family of three becomes a family of four..like you im having another little boy! If im half as lucky and got it together as you I will be very happy! Gorgeous family.. x

    WTTP - Living the dream, all but the farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so sweet. I feel like I'm at this perfect moment/stage of enjoying my pregnancy so much but also being extremely eager and excited for everything to come - it's a nice place to be. The other day I just stared at my husband and teared up with - just like you said - so much gratitude and happiness about how lucky we are. Your post has me grinning just thinking about everything to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! All I ever wanted to be in life, was a Mom. And now I am, and I find myself doing the same exact thing. Wondering where it's all going. Trying to hold on and enjoy every little second. We're a team of three and hoping so desperately to become a team of four very soon... so your stories of two always give me inspiration and hope! I'm looking forward to every second to come and it's so refreshing to read your honesty and happiness all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting this perspective on motherhood and family. This is beautiful!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. And proud you should be. Totally brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new reader but somehow I connected with your family. I don't have children yet, but I do hope my journey to motherhood in several years will be just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you guys think of yourself as a team. Seems to me, that's the real key to a happy family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorably perfect team! Sometimes we forget to appreciate the people around us. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your team looks awesome! I love reading your blog/instagram and feeling like I get to know a little piece of the puzzle that makes us all up as humans, Love. I so look forward to the day when I can have my own little family of more than just 2... Take care! Have a great rest of the week!

    XXOO Lucy
    mostlystyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post as always. I've found myself thinking a lot about "family" as well and the incredibly wonderful way it changes you as a person and strengthens you. I love that delicious feeling of "us." Nothing like it in the world! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful post! Love it! so sweet. Makes me so excited have little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post and your team! I've got a pretty great team myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! That's what my Hubs call all of us...his "team". And your team is amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to know there are happy families out there working together and loving one another. It seems like complaints and frustrations are in more abundance, so this post was just beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This makes me look forward to having kids so much. I love how you write about the specific little moments in your family's life. This blog will be a treasure for you in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips