Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Taking Stock

Untitled

A couple of my online pals (here and here- although I think the original is here) have been doing these and I thought it was such a neat post. Similar to my Currentlys but shorter and a little more fun since there are so many areas to fill out! If you do one too, be sure to leave a link in the comments so I can check yours out as well.

Making:
 lots of plans to visit friends in the near future- so many babies are being born. I feel like the end of 2014 and 2015 are going to be Tour de Baby for me.
Cooking:
 pancakes, pancakes, pancakes! Henry has been on the biggest pancake kick. I've also made variations of this dish quite a bit lately.
Drinking:
 water.
Reading:
 nothing. Send recs!
Wanting:
 for people (and the "media," whatever that means) to understand that by sharing and resharing link to Elliott Rodger's YouTube videos you're doing exactly what he wanted, and sending a very clear message to anyone else who ever dreamed of doing what he did. It makes me so sad and sick.
Looking:
 at Madeline, laying at my feet.
Playing:
 music is on right now- Tom Petty.
Wasting:
 time, every single night. It's already 10pm and I should have done this post earlier but I was super busy doing absolutely nothing. ;)
Sewing:
 oh god. Nothing!
Wishing:
 that I was able to stop time, just for a bit. This stage of life is so, so sweet.
Enjoying:
 these warmer nights. I'm really looking forward to even warmer ones when we can enjoy our back porch once the sun goes down.
Waiting:
 for this weekend! Birthdays and anniversary here we come.
Liking:
 the talks Hank and I have been having about the future. It's so fun to daydream and talk about what's next.
Wondering:
 if my sister and Abe and my parents will enjoy Palm Springs- we're taking them all there this upcoming weekend.
Loving: 
Grey's Anatomy! SUCH a good show. I can't believe it took me to long to get into it.
Hoping:
 that my 32nd year is as great as this one.
Marveling:
 at how much both Henry and Charlie are growing everyday. Henry seems to be on the verge of reading and Charlie on the verge of talking. It's amazing to see the leaps and bounds they each make everyday.
Needing:
 a day to unplug.
Smelling:
 fresh cut grass. It makes me so happy- totally takes me back to early morning soccer games growing up.
Wearing:
 cut off jean shorts and comfy tops.
Following:
 so many inspiring mamas on IG- I was just thinking about how great it is to feel like I'm surrounded by such positivity, even online.
Noticing:
 a lot of little things in the world I would have otherwise missed if Henry wasn't there to remind me. A small butterfly, the way a cloud looks like a tractor, the sound the wind makes through the neighbor's chimes.
Feeling:
 a little more back to my old self. It's crazy how long it takes to get there after having a baby. With Henry I don't think I really felt 100% back to me until he was at least a year old.
Opening:
 snacks. All day long. Henry's forever quote- "can I have a snaaack?"

Feeling: exhausted. Why am I still awake?

xoxo


23 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Grey's Anatomy - it is so addictive!

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did one of these yesterday! Great minds? ;)

    http://existenceofwonder.blogspot.com/2014/05/currently.html

    ...and as far as book recommendations, have you read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro? I read it early this month. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love Grey's Anatomy, especially the first few seasons, seriously!? LOL
    love these! I did one on my blog too:
    http://designedbydiana.blogspot.com/2014/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great! We are totally loving pancakes over here with my three year old and 10 month old. I blogged a little q&a of this too

    Www.mamawolvesden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this on occasion, too. I love it. I love just taking a minute to kind of organize myself. So fun.
    http://xoxolib.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/page-thirty-two-checking-in/

    I love, love your point about Elliot Rodgers and how we shouldn't share it or watch it or pay him any mind. I appreciate you saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. started grey's anatomy over again. :) it's the absolute besttttt.

    http://inherlovelylife.blogspot.com/2014/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently discovered your blog and I absolutely love it!
    http://thegirlinredlipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my days keep me very busy with doing absolutely nothing and my nights just waste my time like nothing else! Haha SO TRUE!!

    I just borrowed The Help from the local library yesterday, I have already read a couple of chapters of it and so far so good! I haven't seen the movie, but it was a *big deal* just a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That rug, so good.
    I filled this little survey out too!

    www.sweethannahpea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rug, so good.
    I filled this out as well!

    sweethannahpea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I had a comment but the interwebs ate it I think. So, I'll try again (sorry if this is a duplicate)
    I love Grey's! My sisters watch it too and we text about it after we've all watched the episode. Another great show, if you haven't watched it yet, is Parenthood. It's an emotional rollercoaster but very well written. The first few seasons are up on Netflix. :)

    http://cosmictumblers.blogspot.com/2014/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. How long ago did you buy your mat? It looks like perhaps it came from Target? I would LOVE to buy a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it about a week and a half ago from Target! :)

      Delete
  14. Also had a comment deleted, pain! No recs for reading, I haven't made it through a full book in ages...enjoy Grey's though, it's a brilliant show! I love your blog - and I love this idea :) Totally going to do this periodically, starting today:

    http://www.adventuresofbugandboo.com/blog/2014/5/28/taking-stock

    ReplyDelete
  15. That rug!

    http://thewearwithal.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't agree more about Elliot Rodgers. I feel ill every time I see his face on TV. By putting his face, his video, his "manifesto" on TV and online they're giving him exactly what he wanted. He just needs to disappear into nothingness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Couldn't agree more about Elliot Rodgers. It makes me sick every time I see his face on TV and I wish they'd just stop showing him. He needs to disappear into nothingness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sympathise with your 'need' for 'a day to unplug'!
    Emma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What I fun idea! I've posted mine here:

    http://wildmae.com/blog/2014/5/28/taking-stock-1

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea!

    http://lovethedrivers.blogspot.com/2014/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE grey's anatomy! just started watching it on netflix and i'm obsessed

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips