Monday, September 8, 2014

3 Things: Monday Inspiration

Here are three things I'm loving around the web this morning:

1. What I'm Learning on My Birthday: Thirty-One.

I really, really love this post. I connected to so many of the things Erin shared here, but especially #1 and #7. I'm someone who does grab their phone the moment they wake up, and I absolutely feel like this is not a good way to start the day. Now I try to do other things first, because all of that information in my face from the first second I get up cannot be good. So now I have my phone plugged in across the room and a few books on my nightstand, with pages marked- pages full of good, happy positivity that makes me smile first thing.

2. Living a Simple, Intentional Life: Part Two, Toys

I feel like I could have written this myself! Jen and I are usually on the same page anyway, but this post especially rang true to me. This past weekend we completed a massive undertaking- going through every drawer, closet, cabinet, bin the garage, nook and cranny, and sorting, purging and organizing everything. We're not people who even hang onto a lot, but I'm sure you can relate when I say that things just add up! When we took our last load to the donation center it felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. And then when I read Jen's post this morning I couldn't help but nod my way through it. I really enjoy that for their family, it's not just about simplifying and getting rid of stuff- it's about living more intentionally and having their belongings reflect that. Inspiring.

3. Seven Steps to Living a Bill Murray Life, by Bill Murray

So I really love Bill Murray and I really love this article. Read it, especially step seven.

Happy Monday, friends! xo

Blogging tips