Thursday, September 25, 2014

Explore Arizona: Apple Picking at Date Creek Ranch

Growing up we always went apple picking (and peach picking, and strawberry picking, and blueberry picking). But surprisingly, there aren't a lot of u-pick places around these parts. My sister and I had been talking about apple picking since last fall, but I'd been unable to find an orchard nearby with a crop for picking. Then I stumbled upon Date Creek Ranch in Wickenburg, which is about 60 miles away from us, although it feels a lot longer since half the drive is on a very windy mountain road. It's a beautiful place, a little bit of desert, a little bit of green orchard, and lots of animals and fruit all around. Their regular picking season was coming to a close when I found them, but they were kind enough to open their orchards to us on a non-weekend day so we could explore the ranch (thank you Kimberly!). Their last weekend for picking is actually this upcoming weekend, so if you end up going, let me know! We had a blast and the kids were in HEAVEN.

Date Creek Ranch is a generational, family-owned ranch, and if you have a minute, read more about them here. It's a great day trip either coming from Phoenix or from up north by us, and we will absolutely be back next year with the whole family for their Apple Festival and BBQ. I mean, how cute is this place? And let me tell you, the apples are AMAZING. Organic and delicious. Our apple pie plans for this weekend can't come soon enough.

Here are some photos from our day:




10 comments:

  1. What gorgeous, natural photographs! Looks like a wonderful day out, I went strawberry picking when I was younger but never apples, seems like fun though!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always make a point to take our little ones apple picking every year. It's a great time to take photos and of course pick delicious fresh apples to bring home. We are lucky enough living in Eastern Canada to have several orchards within 10-15 minutes of us. Great photos, looks like all had fun!
    http://palsywalsyblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Dying to go apple picking this year. And loving your outfit, friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day you guys shared. I am sure the day will be forever sweet in your memory. I wish I would have known about them too! I wanted to go on a day trip with my kids to pick apples for pies. We always go to you-pick citrus groves but there is nothing like a fresh baked apple pie! I am totally going to go next year!

    Memoriesandmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos! I've always wanted to go on an apple picking date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post! I love your photos and those babies are to drool for! Apple picking reminds me of when I was child and used to do it in our orchard every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Dani! Can I ask where your dress is from? I've been searching for that! thx xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photos are so beautiful dani, as always!
    Lucy looks a lot like Henry, she has grown a lot. Charlie also ..!
    What beautiful place :)

    xoxo

    http://www.myhappy-d.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous farm to go apple-picking! Beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips